The Student Room Group

Lost 93lbs (Before + after pics!)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Thank you!

Thanks :-). Never ran in my life. I know it sounds silly, particularly to people who run all the time, but I was so scared about what people might think! But today I thought you know what just stuff it, I have to make the effort some time :biggrin:.

Oh, incidentally, I think this is a HUGE achievement. I'm still so wimpy when I go running. I do everything but jump into ditches if I see a local-dogwalker or other runner passing my way! :redface:
amazing!! you are such an inspiration :smile:
This is going to sound completely pathetic.. but 0.35 miles. Haven't a clue what speed, to be honest I was just concentrating on getting through it. I have the C25K app on my iPhone, and am planning on starting it in the Easter holiday when I have a couple of weeks where I don't have to worry about uni work or anything. If I can try to improve the distance I can run just on my own first I can use the app to try and get up to slightly longer distances.

I don't have a treadmill, but have been "jogging" on the Wii for the past year. It's weird, because I can do that for half an hour and not feel completely out of breath, yet the couple of minutes I was running for today I can STILL feel at the back of my throat. Hoping to do a charity 5k in the summer, so kind of glad I've realised just how unfit I am now! I thought (perhaps stupidly) that just losing weight would make me fitter on its own. It hasn't. But it doesn't matter as I'm prepared to work for it.

Tbh if i was you i would start the couch to 5k now. The first week is only jogging for 60 seconds at a time then 90 seconds rest.

When i first started running i found i made a lot more progress on couch to 5k then just going out and blagging it. Also, if you start now then you can easily repeat weeks if you're struggling and still have plenty of time to get up to pace before summer.
Original post by TaylorGang_4
Congratulations.

Thanks!

Original post by Lily Academia
And they look lovely on you :yep:

I think it's so important to be positive; I have friends of polar weights and it seems like people are never happy with how they are, but some are to stubborn/pessimistic to try and change that. I saw a photo of you on the Christmas tree thread and can remember thinking how much healthier and happier you looked (even if you were dressed up as a tree!) :grin:

Very true, I see some people who are GORGEOUS and they still hate themselves. I swore to myself when I started this that I'm doing it to be healthy, and as soon as I reach my healthy weight I'll quit complaining and appreciate how far I've come! Ha I loved being dressed as a tree.. *nods* much better being thinner as well as the lights wrapped round me more times than they could last year, meaning I was more sparkly! :biggrin:.

Original post by Lily Academia
Oh, incidentally, I think this is a HUGE achievement. I'm still so wimpy when I go running. I do everything but jump into ditches if I see a local-dogwalker or other runner passing my way! :redface:

I saw some of my brother's mates walking down our road on their lunch hour and I had to slow down until they'd turned the corner haha ah well I'll get used to it!
Reply 384
Yeah the couch to 5k thing might be pretty good thing for you to do, then eventually add in the gym and finish off in great shape and sell your story. I think the gym will be the biggest difference maker once you've nearly shifted the weight off.

You look good in your recent pic as well. You should hit your target weight for summer the way you're going, nice time to hit it.
Original post by overtherainbow
amazing!! you are such an inspiration :smile:

Thank you :-).

Original post by MHorman
Tbh if i was you i would start the couch to 5k now. The first week is only jogging for 60 seconds at a time then 90 seconds rest.

When i first started running i found i made a lot more progress on couch to 5k then just going out and blagging it. Also, if you start now then you can easily repeat weeks if you're struggling and still have plenty of time to get up to pace before summer.

Original post by McHumpy92
Yeah the couch to 5k thing might be pretty good thing for you to do, then eventually add in the gym and finish off in great shape and sell your story. I think the gym will be the biggest difference maker once you've nearly shifted the weight off.

You look good in your recent pic as well. You should hit your target weight for summer the way you're going, nice time to hit it.

Cheers guys, I might give it a go then. I've had the app for almost 4 months now so it's about time it got put to good use!
One hell of a loss, well done.

I caa vouch for couch to 5k, if you want to do a 30 minute run/jog three times a week, most variations of that tool will get you there in 9 weeks.

I got to week for then thought "lets see how far I can go" and ran for 30 minutes, from a non sporting non athletic background. (note, don't try this! stick to the program!)
congrats ! keep it up!
Original post by mikestraws
One hell of a loss, well done.

I caa vouch for couch to 5k, if you want to do a 30 minute run/jog three times a week, most variations of that tool will get you there in 9 weeks.

I got to week for then thought "lets see how far I can go" and ran for 30 minutes, from a non sporting non athletic background. (note, don't try this! stick to the program!)

Thank you; I'm going to give C25K a go, but still a little nervous. Tbh just running outside at all was such a huge thing for me that I'm just happy to have got through that at the moment :biggrin:.

Original post by almalibre11111
congrats ! keep it up!

Thank you!
Thank you; I'm going to give C25K a go, but still a little nervous. Tbh just running outside at all was such a huge thing for me that I'm just happy to have got through that at the moment :biggrin:

Yeah it took me a while to get over the jitters too :colondollar: You think people are judging you for not moving fast enough or for walking or for not looking like an athlete, but after a couple of sessions you forget all that and just get into it.
Original post by mikestraws
Yeah it took me a while to get over the jitters too :colondollar: You think people are judging you for not moving fast enough or for walking or for not looking like an athlete, but after a couple of sessions you forget all that and just get into it.

I get totally paranoid.. but I'm coming to realise that I'm not going to carry on losing weight/staying healthy if I don't do some proper exercise! So getting a grip and going for another run later.
Awesome stuff!

I went to pos rep but failed :frown:
Original post by Spoonforknife
Awesome stuff!

I went to pos rep but failed :frown:

Haha no worries dude, and thanks xx
All the positive comments here will hopefully help you carry on with your healthy lifestyle! :smile: Well done.
Reply 394
that purple dress looks so gorgeous on you!
that is amazing, well done
Reply 396
Congrats, awesome achievement :smile:
Reply 397
I only want to lose a stone and i keep giving up due to no will power and the fact you've managed to lose about 81lb! That is actually so amazing and a lot of commitment and hard work must have gone into that! Congrats!

Was it just your diet that changed?

AND just looked at your blog, that photo of you and your boyfriend...I didn't even recognise that was you! I was waiting to scroll down to see a picture of you but that was it! WOW! You look amazing!
(edited 12 years ago)
Yay for you for going out in a dress :jumphug: Lovely dress and you look so pretty :redface:

And you're running too, how exciting, SO MUCH progress to be made :smile: Very happy for you, you totally deserve this.
Reply 399
You look really lovely in the purple dress (the most recent picture).

Quick Reply

Latest