The Student Room Group

Girls, sending "sexy" pictures of yourselfs to your boyfriend, why?

Honestly, I'd love to know.

Why would you do it? It makes no sense, your boyfriend isn't permanent. A boyfriend and girlfriend relationship is temporary. Neither have agreed to be with each other permanently.

So why then would you send pictures of yourself to him? There's fat chance of you getting it back if you want it back and once you break up (and most do break up) he has those pictures saved on his phone or PC. He might not use it now, he might not seem the type. But what if you get a break on TV? Do you think he won't sell it to the The Sun for a quick buck, because it's happened to one prominent news presenter. Heck you don't even need to be famous, if something irritates him, he might do it out of spite or jealousy if he sees you with another bloke in a couple of years time.

There isn't a month that goes go by in which some girl had been "exposed" by her boyfriend. It's been going on now for donkey years and you'd think some girls would learn from, but time after time, the same thing happens.

Are there girls out there who refuse to send "sexy" pictures of themselves to their boyfriends?

Scroll to see replies

I agree with you. There's always a risk of something horrible happening if you break up and I don't think it's worth doing it in the first place. I wouldn't personally do it because I also know some girls who this has happened to, and I would not want something like that hanging around.
I'm in a long distance relationship and I don't care, I'd rather have a scrap of a sex life left. I actually got my hands on some of his ex, I hate her, but I got rid of them on her behalf. I have some of him too, so if he tries anything, I know what to do.
Aha xD I would actually never take those kinds of pictures, let alone send them to anyone xD I hope some people still have a sense of modesty or self worth, gosh. LOL if my husband asked me for those kinds of pictures, I'd give him a right slap xD

Well maybe its because I'm from a different culture, but I've got some pretty traditional views and I pity girls who feel taking 'sexy' pictures make them more valuable or something.
When your young and stupid you do it cos your caught up in the moment, but you dont learn until you make your own mistakes. Unfortunately for me it was a different story, i'm posting this anon because i dont want people to know who i am because this topic is close to my heart and painful, plus the police was involved so you know.

I went through a rebellious phase after growing up in a strict house. I moved away to uni and went a little crazy and thought i found someone i could trust. But i couldnt, he took naked photos of me without my permission and wouldnt delete them when i asked him and he had a password on his phone so i couldnt get to the pics to delete them. I practically begged him to delete them because they could ruin my life. He still didnt. In the end he blackmailed me threatening me saying he would send the pics around through bluetooth and will post all over the internet unless i had sex with him. I said no numerous times but he wouldnt listen and threatened me to the point where i was jumping everytime my phone rang, i forced myself to go through with the acts, was physically sick when i thought about it. In time i learnt how to distance myself everytime he forced himself on me. I was a mess, I finally got the police involved, but he still wouldnt listen threatening that if i get the police involved the pics will be everywhere. I was stuck, noone to help me while this guy was just what i learned later essentially raping me. I had to have counselling, and went on anti depressants because i tried killing myself. I already suffered with depression and then this guy strikes. I was getting raped (this is the term the police and my counsellor used, i never actually thought of it that way) regularly and couldnt get out of it.

Thankfully I've moved on now, the police dealt with it all, and he has left me alone. I have a loving bf who i was getting to know while the police situation was still going on and im lucky in the sense that he said he would stick by me and knows the situation. Fact is since that guy i struggled to completely trust a guy (after the blackmailing guy i ended up in an abusive relationship, which was another hard thing to get out of) and i needed a lot of help. Im just glad im in a much better place then i was then and i ALWAYS tell girls NOT to send naked/sexy pics to their bfs, and if they do then cut their head out of it that way it cant be traced back to you but i wouldnt suggest doing it at all. I mean i refuse to even send a normal pic of me to anyone now, i cant trust anyone with my pictures and my bf knows i wouldnt send any sexy pics now cos of what happened.
Too many girls do this.. just to end up on that Doxed website.. -__-

*waits for everyone to go look on there*
Original post by Cesar Lecat

Why would you do it? It makes no sense, your boyfriend isn't permanent. A boyfriend and girlfriend relationship is temporary. Neither have agreed to be with each other permanently.

So why then would you send pictures of yourself to him? There's fat chance of you getting it back if you want it back and once you break up (and most do break up) he has those pictures saved on his phone or PC. He might not use it now, he might not seem the type. But what if you get a break on TV? Do you think he won't sell it to the The Sun for a quick buck, because it's happened to one prominent news presenter. Heck you don't even need to be famous, if something irritates him, he might do it out of spite or jealousy if he sees you with another bloke in a couple of years time.

There isn't a month that goes go by in which some girl had been "exposed" by her boyfriend. It's been going on now for donkey years and you'd think some girls would learn from, but time after time, the same thing happens.

Are there girls out there who refuse to send "sexy" pictures of themselves to their boyfriends?

Really? You can't see why? Honestly?

This just looks a pedantic little dig at girls who trust their boyfriends with pictures of themselves.
Please don't think you're on some moral or logical high-ground.
Reply 7
Well the same could be said for a married couple, marriage isn't necessarily permanent there is divorce and some divorces do not end well.
Reply 8
I guess girls don't think this would happen to them if they are at the time in a stable relationship?

Personally, I'm not the sort of person that would do anything in spite anyway. I would delete.
My ex sent loads.
I deleted them when we broke up.

I am, however, the exception.

What's the point of going out with someone you don't trust? If you can't trust him, don't date him, also if they ever do leak it's going to make him look like a dick and not the girl. Normally you have them of eachother so even if you do fall out, you're both 'even' so usually no one does anything. And if they do, so what? I don't see the big deal. Oh no a girl in her underwear, who knew she was wearing that under her clothes? :rolleyes:
Original post by LipstickKisses
What's the point of going out with someone you don't trust? If you can't trust him, don't date him, also if they ever do leak it's going to make him look like a dick and not the girl. Normally you have them of eachother so even if you do fall out, you're both 'even' so usually no one does anything. And if they do, so what? I don't see the big deal. Oh no a girl in her underwear, who knew she was wearing that under her clothes? :rolleyes:

This, sounds like one of them people scared of underwear/a bit of skin.
Reply 12
Original post by pina.Love
Well the same could be said for a married couple, marriage isn't necessarily permanent there is divorce and some divorces do not end well.

True, but with marriage usually comes kids. Will a guy really do that to the mother of his kids? Would he really put his kids through that? Because once it's on the net, it stays unfortunately.

So you wouldn't have a problem of pictures of you posing and pouting and essentially wearing next to nothing being posted on a facebook page or spread over twitter and other parts of the internet?

Not only will your family members and friends see it, but everyone on the net.
Reply 13
Yeah I've done that before. With the first ex I totally trust that he wouldn't post it anywhere...with the other ex I'm not so sure :frown:

So you wouldn't have a problem of pictures of you posing and pouting and essentially wearing next to nothing being posted on a facebook page or spread over twitter and other parts of the internet?

Not only will your family members and friends see it, but everyone on the net.

Oh so we are just talking about pictures in underwear? I wouldn't care.

However there are a few pretty full-on photos of me in existance. I would be extremely embarrassed if anyone on facebook saw those, but fact is I trust the guy they're with, or I wouldn't take them for him.

It's very important to me in a LDR to still be able to have sexual interaction.
I sent a few to the last guy I was seeing and we didn't stay together long. we both agreed to delete the pictures of each other. I don't know whether he did, whether he showed his friends or whatever. I hope he did delete them like he promised but it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't.

Yet I'd do it again, but maybe wait a little longer to make sure the relationship actually had some kind of future.
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon

*Googles*

Oh my! :colondollar:
Reply 17
Because I trust him.
Reply 18
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon

Ugh. I wish I hadn't!