The Student Room Group

Help! Lost driving license & passport!

I lost my driving license ages ago and (stupidly) never got a replacement. Now I've lost my passport. I want to get a new driving license so I can go out over Xmas and then apply for my new passport as I’m not planning on going away any time soon.

But can I get a replacement driving license without my passport? Is there anything other than my birth certificate I can use?
Reply 1
I'm pretty sure you can get a new license without a passport. You just need your government gateway login details and NI no.
you dont need id to get a replacement licence, just go online, pay £20 and wait two weeks

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/NeedANewOrUpdatedLicence/DG_4022085
Reply 3
Original post by Boristhethird
you dont need id to get a replacement licence, just go online, pay £20 and wait two weeks

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/NeedANewOrUpdatedLicence/DG_4022085

Yeah.. that's the other problem, I can't remember my login details for government gateway. I clicked "reset login details" and it asks me for my email address & answers to 3 questions which I can't remember!
Original post by Steezy
Yeah.. that's the other problem, I can't remember my login details for government gateway. I clicked "reset login details" and it asks me for my email address & answers to 3 questions which I can't remember!

Ring the DVLA.
Original post by Steezy

you got an email with your password in it when you first applied, go look for that (unless you are the sort of person who deletes there emails...)

or go to a post office, get the same form you got when you first got the licence, apply using that (there is a section for replacement in that)

or, as Becca-sarah says, phone the DVLA
Reply 6
Original post by Boristhethird
you got an email with your password in it when you first applied, go look for that (unless you are the sort of person who deletes there emails...)

or go to a post office, get the same form you got when you first got the licence, apply using that (there is a section for replacement in that)

or, as Becca-sarah says, phone the DVLA

what you said.. :smile:
Reply 7
OK, it was a lot easier than expected. I just rang, gave my name, D.O.B, address and he's sending it this morning. Panicking over nothing.

Thanks anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending