The Student Room Group

What are the worst areas in your town or city?

Scroll to see replies

In Chester: Blacon.
The Wirral: Birkenhead North / Rock Ferry.
Went to Rock Ferry area yesterday, well Rock Ferry station for Tranmere v Sheffield Wednesday and it looked fine to me!
Reply 162
Original post by ChapelTom
Went to Rock Ferry area yesterday, well Rock Ferry station for Tranmere v Sheffield Wednesday and it looked fine to me!

It's not that bad an area these days, not somewhere you'd want to walk round alone at night, but not the worst area in the world. I live in Tranmere, which again has a reputation, but I've not had any problems, and I was walking down my road at 4 this morning :P

As a side note, you'd be better getting off at Birkenhead Central or Green Lane for Prenton Park :P
Newham. D: Save me...!
Exeter erm... proabably Redhills and Burnthouse Lane areas.. though hardly anything compared to some of the places mentioned above. in fact they're actually alright, just a bit rundown and mostly mid twentieth century style council housing which doesnt age well
In Leeds, Hyde Park is particularly dangerous right now.

I think in the past month there have been close to 50 muggings, absolutely terrible!
Reply 166
Ladywood.
B'ham - Alum Rock, Chelmsley wood, Aston, Nechells, Highgate, Wardend
(edited 12 years ago)
Highest teenage pregnancy rates in Europe bitch!
Reply 169
Pretty much all East and non-suburban south South side, and pockets of the North and West.

Original post by truthandtragedy
Most places in the east end, which just happens to be where my flat is. :facepalm:

The ones I've heard mentioned are: Easterhouse, Springburn, the Gorbals and Shettleston.

Springburn's not that bad, I'd rather live there than many other parts of Glasgow. Easterhouse has so many resources thrown at it that it might not be that bad now, but I'm still scared just driving through it.
I live in Elephant&Castle right now, and it's pretty horrible. I'd say the worst place in Zone 1, but I am not too fussed about it. Other than that, definitely hackney, brixton, tooting, peckham etc
Original post by DMed
It's not that bad an area these days, not somewhere you'd want to walk round alone at night, but not the worst area in the world. I live in Tranmere, which again has a reputation, but I've not had any problems, and I was walking down my road at 4 this morning :P

As a side note, you'd be better getting off at Birkenhead Central or Green Lane for Prenton Park :P

I was out of the Kop end (plenty of Wednesday fans in it), for 1657 and on the 1711 train back to Liverpool without running. The route looked easier on Google Maps and after a few beers I needed it to be :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending