The Student Room Group

What are the worst areas in your town or city?

So we know which areas to avoid if we happen to visit your town or city :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Parr of St Helens. If you currently have faith in humanity, avoid this area at all costs.
Reply 2
Chapeltown...
Reply 3
Original post by TRS-T
So we know which areas to avoid if we happen to visit your town or city :smile:

Noord Amsterdam. It's just a bit boring. It's not dangerous or seedy or anything.
Reply 4
Moss side, Rusholme, Cheetam Hill, Cheadle-Hulme
Reply 5
Hyson Green, Radford, The Meadows and the council estates in Broxtowe and Bestwood
In terms of London, there's no point. Everyone is going to say Brixton and Peckham, when those places aren't really that bad at all.

In terms of the borough of Lewisham in London... :

Forest Hill
New Cross
Grove Park
Catford
Reply 7
Original post by Ayah
Moss side, Rusholme, Cheetam Hill, Cheadle-Hulme

Moss Side and Rusholme are clearly self-explanatory, but please explain what's so awful about Cheadle Hulme (which, by the way, is not hyphenated)? It's one of the wealthiest parts of South Manchester and is a pleasant suburbian village/town... hardly on the same level as Moss Side.
Reply 8
Original post by Xanyi
Moss Side and Rusholme are clearly self-explanatory, but please explain what's so awful about Cheadle Hulme (which, by the way, is not hyphenated)? It's one of the wealthiest parts of South Manchester and is a pleasant suburbian village/town... hardly on the same level as Moss Side.

I've never found Rusholme to be too bad really. Now Longsight can be a bit dogy, but Moss Side really takes the biscuit!
Reply 9
I'm from London.

Where do I begin?
Alum Rock.
Queens Park
Silent Hill...
Original post by hamijack
I'm from London.

Where do I begin?

tottenham - woodgreen :smile:
Original post by Inadequatedreams
Queens Park

-__- Queens park? Really?
Original post by hamijack
I'm from London.

Where do I begin?

Im from Liverpool

at least you have nice areas
Reply 16
Original post by Strangey
I've never found Rusholme to be too bad really. Now Longsight can be a bit dogy, but Moss Side really takes the biscuit!

That's true, Rusholme is all good fun with the Curry Mile! There's a few real treats to be found there.
the westminister parliament full of tossers
I live somewhere between Dudley and Wolverhampton... I'm struggling to see any finer points about it, tbh. Although there are some particularly 'rough' areas (apparently); All Saints, Whitmore Reans and the likes.
Seacroft, Chapeltown, Halton Moor, Belle Isle, Miggy, Hawkie, Husnlet, Beeston Hill, Holbeck, Gipton, Harehills, Lincoln Green, Burmantofts, East End Park.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending