The Student Room Group

House just got burgled

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Sophie1805
Love how you assume it was a male :P

Haha, I don't assume, they caught the man according to the police! They let us know actually :P
Are you supposed to ring 999 or the non emergency number for the police if you've been burgled?

Has anyone caught one in the act? And what happened?
Firstly, didn't you have an alarm system?

Secondly, if your house just got burgled...what are you doing on here?

Thirdly, if something was so valuable to you, wouldn't you insure it in the first place?
Sorry OP but i doubt the police A be able to do much and B be bothered to do much.

Just claim on your house insurance.

Its a horrible experiance the sense of having your personal property being violated like that and i wish you and your family the best
Reply 24
My house got burgled around 8-9 months ago. But it was quite weird as my laptop/iPod/phones/ and those sort of things weren't taken, it was jut cash and gold that they were after and they took most of it that was at my house.
This hasn't been a good year at all :frown:
Burglars probably get caught about 5% of the time, if even that.
Reply 26
Aw I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope you and your family are alright though :smile:.

House has never been burgled (thank God) but my cousins house got burgled on his wedding day. It was horrible seeing everything in such a state when we all returned to his house after the wedding. However, although, the police arrived about 40mins later...they didn't really do much. They were just advised to change the locks of the doors because the burglars had stolen a spare set of house keys (amongst other things obviously). So yeah. Nothing got returned unforutunately. The police closed the case.

Nonetheless, I hope the dickheads who burgled your house get caught :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending