The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2920
Stephen A Smith getting his conspiracy theory on

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7981986
Reply 2921
Original post by BigFudamental
Seriously the East is ATROCIOUS this year. These games mean nothing.

Injuries have pretty much knocked out 2 of the best 3 teams in the East. Chicago were looking amazing with Rose and had a legitimate shot at winning it all. Orlando, not so much, but the only reason it's so lopsided towards the West is because of injuries.

I remember everyone saying throughout the season that the winner of the ECF would have taken it all. :dontknow:
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
I think you're forgetting the opposition. Indiana and the Celtics aren't really on the same level as the Spurs.

I think the heat got away with A LOT. Had the celtics shot 40-45%, which is still a poor amount, they would have won the game. You can't shoot 30% and win a game, espcially if you give away loads of offensive rebounds.
Reply 2923
Original post by Rainingshame
I think the heat got away with A LOT. Had the celtics shot 40-45%, which is still a poor amount, they would have won the game. You can't shoot 30% and win a game, espcially if you give away loads of offensive rebounds.

You are forgetting something, the heat didn't get away with a lot. They caused the celtics to shoot that percentage.
Original post by Xotol
Injuries have pretty much knocked out 2 of the best 3 teams in the East. Chicago were looking amazing with Rose and had a legitimate shot at winning it all. Orlando, not so much, but the only reason it's so lopsided towards the West is because of injuries.

I remember everyone saying throughout the season that the winner of the ECF would have taken it all. :dontknow:

Yea for sure, it's a real shame too. I actually thought the pacers would be competitive but they just didn't play smart at all, shooting deep threes the whole time instead of using their advantage in the paint.
Original post by S-man10
You are forgetting something, the heat didn't get away with a lot. They caused the celtics to shoot that percentage.

They had open shot after open shot, and from ranges they normally score from.
Reply 2926
Original post by Rainingshame
They had open shot after open shot, and from ranges they normally score from.

From what I saw in the 3rd and the 4th, I don't think so. In the second, Celtics went for 32 point after a ****ty 1st quarter 11.
Original post by S-man10
From what I saw in the 3rd and the 4th, I don't think so. In the second, Celtics went for 32 point after a ****ty 1st quarter 11.

i watched all four. The only guy dropping the easy shots was KG, The only person who took hard shots was Paul pierce. Ray Allen was hitting bricks. Everything was either to right, left, too long, or two short. They missed 8? free throws and even open lay ups were being missed. They hit the open lay ups, make 6 of those 8 free throws, take away the three technicals that shouldn't have been techs(Doc rivers, Allen, KG) and you're an open 3 pointer actually going in away from tie ball game.
Reply 2928
The Celtics offence is bad plain and simple, they struggled to put the 76ers away because they cant score and then they lost to Miami because they cant score
Spurs looking very good again
Might have to skip the second half feeling too tired
This team is so much better than the Heat! :coma:
Reply 2931
Damn!

Could be a perfect post season :holmes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2932
Jesus, the big 3 of OKC combine for almost 90 points and they still can't beat SAS with Duncan shooting 2/11. Parker went off damn.

This is over. OKC go home. Your time will come, just not this year.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2933
I have a feeling OKC will take it next game.
Thats the extremely worrying thing when Harden,Durant and Westbrook combine for close to 90 points and still cant win. Worrying times ahead for OKC.
Reply 2935
Spurs are unbelievable when they turn it on you can see the other team just getting deflated and losing their will to win after wide open jumper after wide open jumper flies in
Reply 2936
Pretty funny that Durant has practically done **** all in the 4th quarter these last two games and barely anyone is talking about. If it was Lebron, the whole world would explode.

Someone needs to call him out. He needs to step up for OKC to win.
Reply 2937
Original post by Xotol
Pretty funny that Durant has practically done **** all in the 4th quarter these last two games and barely anyone is talking about. If it was Lebron, the whole world would explode.

:congrats:
Original post by Xotol

Weird i have not actually noticed that :redface:
durant scored 32.. he's doing something for his team, it's incredibly hard to beat the spurs for the thunder, they're 1-4 in 2012 so far dating back to the regular season, as someone already said the big 3 combining for 89 points and you still don't win? the rest of the team need to step up, fisher was the closest with 10 points. whereas the spurs everyone scores, parker scored 34, ginobli had 20 and leonard 18, duncan had 10 if memory serves me so you can see they were "sharing the sugar" as tnt says it. Spurs team basketball is tough to say the least they also had homecourt. thunder first 3 quarters in game 1 is proof they can beat the spurs though i think theres more to come from this series especially flying back to okc

i think i'm the only one that thought it was wierd that popovich said at the start of the fourth " i want nasty" all of a sudden okc couldnt score and sas couldnt miss haha

Latest