The Student Room Group

Games you love that no one else seems to have played

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michael Locke
Yep. Then Came Munch's Oddysee... :facepalm2:

Not even bothered with that one. The bad ending's terrifying though.

I've been looking at Stranger's Wrath though.
Reply 141
Outcast.

Great game.
Reply 142
The Witcher, King Arthur: The Role Playing wargame, King's Bounty (before they all had Steam offers).

Possibly the most awesome game nobody has heard of: Metal Fatigue. Had 3D physics in an RTS when Starcraft was still 2D, and you constructed giant mechs/combots with swords and guns to crush tanks and duel other robots/giant aliens. Realistic aerial combat with fighters, bombers and eventually flying robots with jump-jet legs. Compelling plot, and great design on the mechs (Want axes for hands? Fine! Laser chainsaw? You got it! Carpet bombs? Sure!).

Makes me want to dig it up and play it again.
Reply 143
Adiboo, on a PC, when I was about 7 :') I'm not joking, it was the best game I've ever played
Reply 144
Freelancer, such an amazing game. Shame they never made a second.
Reply 145
dynasty warriors lol
Machinarium
Samorost 2
A few years ago, me and my sister had this computer game called midtown madness 2. No one else had heard of it, but i thought it was awsome.
Original post by Emma:-)
A few years ago, me and my sister had this computer game called midtown madness 2. No one else had heard of it, but i thought it was awsome.

Epic racer made by MS Studios in which you raced around real life locations. :smile:
Final Fantasy IX is so underrated. It's my favourite game of all time :smile:
Original post by shmuxel
The world ends with you.

Amazing, Amazing game, that noone knows...

I know it! And love it.
But none of the people I've met IRL have played it.

Or Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice/Miles Edgeworth Ace Attorney games.
Reply 151
Original post by 079
ninja jump on iphone

pretty sure everyone I know has played that! I love it.
Reply 152
GAUNTLET LEGENDS :gah:
There are loads!

Some of the better known ones that seem to be overshadowed/nobody has played:
1. Worms (The original on PS1 - so good. Still play it now! :smile:)
2. Final Fantasy VIII (Possibly the best game I have ever played. But everyone talks about FFVII! :frown:)

And the more obscure ones:
1. Shaolin (Called Iron Fist in America, I think. Loved this game so much; it got me into doing martial arts!)
2. Fahrenheit (THE best game ever) :biggrin:

Anybody recognise them?! :biggrin:
Original post by Nephilim
For me I would say: Digimon on PS1 (:sogood:), Misadventures of Tron Bonne, Super Star Wars (A New Hope on SNES), Monster Rancher (PS1).

I forgot that one! It's the best! I loved raising them all in different ways to get different Digimon and learning loads of techniques. Still remember that I used to fish for Seadramon endlessly... :cool: ahha
Reply 155
Original post by yakuzakitty
Final Fantasy IX is so underrated. It's my favourite game of all time :smile:

For some reason as a kid I always found Gizamaluke a bitch of a battle. And don't get me started on the Gulug Stone arc on Disc 3...
Reply 156

I used to love this game when I was smaller, nobody seems to know it though :frown: the only picture I could find was a french one as well!
Hogs of War for the PS1!

Seriously, I have no shame in admitting that even now, I find nothing more enjoyable then going around blowing up all those little pigs with sticks of dynamite and bazookas! It's just the most amazingly addictive game ever made, and I love it :biggrin:
Greebles

Oh yeah. Pure coop action. On the otherhand, I can understand why nobody has played it. It was obscure even for fans of early 90's mac games distributed on Mac Format magazine. To this day I claim it to be the greatest game ever; because noone has heard of it, I don't have to qualify that.

Strangely, a game I loved (or at least loved the demo of), which I always thought of as obscure was surprisingly popular. Even complete non-gamers in my halls have fond memories of it (or, at least, the demo).

And now just to pad out my post.

Devil Dice
G-Darius: No no, I said G-Darius
Step-On-It!
Zoombinis: Okay, fine, everyone's played that
Spelunx (and the Caves of Mr. Seudo): Cyan Edutainment game made before Myst. Forgot the name of it for years. Have had multiple dreams about it.
Boom!: Imagine Doom but, like, plays like Bomberman
Korsakovia: "Because I fell through a gap in the channels and the signal got frozen in time. That’s how they re-start hearts, isn’t it? That’s why they invented electricity, to re-start hearts, isn’t it?"
The Hidden: Source: It's a shame no one plays this, considering it's multiplayer

Got to say, I always feel a slight bit of disappointment when I meet someone else who likes an obscure game I like. It kind of ruined things like S4 League, Breath of Death VII, and Samorost for me when I found other people who liked them :frown:

In unrelated news: I'm transforming into a hipster. No joke. A scarf grew out of my neck recently.

Also, stuff like Spelunky, Desktop Dungeons, Dwarf Fortress, Minecraft, Igneous, n (which EVERYONE should have played) and other awesome freeware indie **** that, despite my best efforts, still aren't terribly well known.

YIPE! III
Beat Hazard
Escape Velocity (specifically, Ev:Override, which seems to have disappeared from the internet)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
I know it! And love it.
But none of the people I've met IRL have played it.

Or Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice/Miles Edgeworth Ace Attorney games.

THIS.

Original post by Riku
For some reason as a kid I always found Gizamaluke a bitch of a battle. And don't get me started on the Gulug Stone arc on Disc 3...

Omg I feel your pain...

Original post by Energy_Purple
Hogs of War for the PS1!

Seriously, I have no shame in admitting that even now, I find nothing more enjoyable then going around blowing up all those little pigs with sticks of dynamite and bazookas! It's just the most amazingly addictive game ever made, and I love it :biggrin:

I do the same :') Guilty pleasure, right there. Defo gonna have to fix my PS1 emulator on my MacBook Pro...

Quick Reply

Latest