The Student Room Group

C1 Jan 12 Edexcel - Past Papers, Model answers, tips

I will update this first post on the day following the exam to upload the paper and model answers.

I do not have access to the papers before the exam

Here is a link to the June 11 thread, the first few posts contains stacks of useful stuff such as past papers, model answers, boundaries, hints and tips...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1619003
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi guys, the exam is only one month away so i created a new thread on this. How is the revision going or when are you going to start revising. Anything related to this exam can be posted in this thread. Good luck everybody.
Reply 2
Hey.. How are you guys feeling about this exam?? What chapter are you most struggling?? me is Chapter 4 and 6 :/
every part of c1 is killing me :'( need to get a B+ or cant get into engineering... grade E atm... 5 hours of revision a day may do the trick...
Reply 4
Start doing past papers now :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by franzk

Original post by franzk
Start doing past papers now :s-smilie:

I agree. Most of the times, the wording of the question gets you confused but with practicce it will give you confidence.
bump
Reply 7
Original post by cricketman
Hi guys, the exam is only one month away so i created a new thread on this. How is the revision going or when are you going to start revising. Anything related to this exam can be posted in this thread. Good luck everybody.

are you taking the OCR MEI C1 paper too?

i am - revision is going okay, in lessons we are going through lots of past papers and questions which is really helping :smile:

i do maybe an hour revision outside of lessons a day... only because i doubt i'll be doing much over the holidays!

good luck :smile:
Original post by CLARA_
are you taking the OCR MEI C1 paper too?

i am - revision is going okay, in lessons we are going through lots of past papers and questions which is really helping :smile:

i do maybe an hour revision outside of lessons a day... only because i doubt i'll be doing much over the holidays!

good luck :smile:

are you stupid?
the title says Edexcel
Reply 9
Original post by im so fresh
are you stupid?
the title says Edexcel

oops, i clearly cannot read :s-smilie:

*leaves quitely*
And the past papers keep getting harder and harder from 2008 ! I feel so discouraged !
cant you see i already made a thread about this before you have, Please don't replicate this. Thanks

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1860175
Reply 12
lol. Lower 6th.

C1 is piss easy.

Source: 95UMS in C1 and 100UMS in C2
Reply 13
Goodluck everyone@!@1
Can someone please tell me how to rearrange equations in maths. I really struggle with it. Some video links will be really helpful. Thanks
Can someone please tell me how to rearrange equations in maths. I really struggle with it. Some video links will be really helpful. Thanks
Reply 16
Original post by CLARA_
oops, i clearly cannot read :s-smilie:

*leaves quitely*

Im doing OCR MEI :smile::wink:
Yes, the past papers are helping...i've done about 8 so far...now I usually finish section A within minutes...it's a real confidence builder.
Reply 17
Is it okay for MEI people to stay here? (Sorry, I'm new.)
Past papers wise - anyone help with q6 June 2011 for C1?
Reply 18
Original post by Rennit
lol. Lower 6th.

C1 is piss easy.

Source: 95UMS in C1 and 100UMS in C2

Any tips for c1?
Reply 19
so scared about this exam!
if anyone has this book: Revise Edexcel AS and A Level Modular Mathematics - Core Mathematics 1 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Revise-Edexcel-Level-Modular-Mathematics/dp/0435519263/ref=pd_sim_b_1
could you please scan the what you should know of each section please please please, one of my cover teachers had it but he has gone on leave so i won't see her till after the exams are over. someone help me please!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending