The Student Room Group

Girls - how would you react if a guy told you he's missing you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hey TSR
LOL, very convincing. At the end of the day, your family will always be there for you.

Really?? Like a mother who wants to kill me, hates me, wishes me dead n abusiv... Dad who cheats n lies and is never there...

No other family in UK but then a cuzin who fkin attacks me???

Nah... Im not missd or loved...

My only point in life is: To be used and abused...
Reply 21
Original post by d123
It depends on the kind of relationship you have and the way you say it. If you're close friends who haven't spoken for a while then it's fine.

Over the summer, my friend texted me a lot to tell me he missed me, and I did the same to him. We didn't see each other for three months. I really liked him, he said he liked me too. That wasn't desperate or anything, we were just being honest about how we felt.

I haven't seen him for about a month now, because of various awkward things. I really miss him. Now though it doesn't feel appropriate to tell him that, even though it's been a long time. It's just a change in the dynamic of the relationship really.

I see what you mean and I think you're right. Do you like him more than a friend?

Yeah, we've known each other for about two years though we ain't ever been in a relationship or anything. I just miss the feeling I get when we're sitting and chatting; texting has its limits.
Reply 22
Original post by Sui-Kinxtar_kitty
Really?? Like a mother who wants to kill me, hates me, wishes me dead n abusiv... Dad who cheats n lies and is never there...

Awww, with every hardship there is ease. Be patient and someone just perfect for you will appear.
Original post by Hey TSR
Awww, with every hardship there is ease. Be patient and someone just perfect for you will appear.

If you ever meet someone perfect you know there is somthin seriously wrong wit them!!! FYI: No one is perfect...

But I knw ur just bein polite so thanx...

But dnt get creepd out by the whole "Missin u thing..."
Reply 24
Original post by Hey TSR
I see what you mean and I think you're right. Do you like him more than a friend?

Yeah, we've known each other for about two years though we ain't ever been in a relationship or anything. I just miss the feeling I get when we're sitting and chatting; texting has its limits.

Yeah I did/do. And what you're feeling now is similar to what I feel now - we text a bit but it just isn't the same.
Reply 25
If you ever meet someone perfect you know there is somthin seriously wrong wit them!!! FYI: No one is perfect...

But I knw ur just bein polite so thanx...

But dnt get creepd out by the whole "Missin u thing..."

Perfect as in great. Obviously nobody is perfect; but many are great. :smile:

Yeah, I'm gonna see how it goes. I don't wanna give the impression of being clingy or desperate.
Reply 26
Original post by d123
Yeah I did/do. And what you're feeling now is similar to what I feel now - we text a bit but it just isn't the same.

Have you both told one another you like each other? If so, it wouldn't be so creepy/clingy/desperate for you two. Thing is with the girl I like, she doesn't know it and it might creep her out a bit.

Yeah, nothing beats good old-fashioned face-to-face conversations.
Reply 27
Original post by Hey TSR
Have you both told one another you like each other? If so, it wouldn't be so creepy/clingy/desperate for you two. Thing is with the girl I like, she doesn't know it and it might creep her out a bit.

Yeah, nothing beats good old-fashioned face-to-face conversations.

It was a complicated situation. I can't remember if we'd actually said that we liked each other but we both knew we did (or at least, I thought he did - turns out he probably didn't, but that's a whole different story!)

I think 'hey, I miss you, fancy meeting up sometime?' is potentially less creepy than 'hey, I really really like you'. Depends on how you phrase it and the exact situation between the two of you.
Reply 28
Original post by d123
It was a complicated situation. I can't remember if we'd actually said that we liked each other but we both knew we did (or at least, I thought he did - turns out he probably didn't, but that's a whole different story!)

I think 'hey, I miss you, fancy meeting up sometime?' is potentially less creepy than 'hey, I really really like you'. Depends on how you phrase it and the exact situation between the two of you.

Still flattering when you hear the person you like misses you.

Yeah not gonna put it so bluntly as "I like you". Might just raise the fact we haven't spoken for a good two months now and how all the meet-ups we've arranged in that time has never worked out.

When you get older you'll hopefully realise that you are in control of how your life turns out. You may not be now if you're still with your rubbish family, but please believe that their dysfunction doesn't need to become your dysfunction. There's a whole other world out there kiddo.. :smile:
Original post by The_Jammy_Witch
When you get older you'll hopefully realise that you are in control of how your life turns out. You may not be now if you're still with your rubbish family, but please believe that their dysfunction doesn't need to become your dysfunction. There's a whole other world out there kiddo.. :smile:

Not Kiddo but Kitty

and Thank you!!

Im leavin in June...
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
First thoughts? I'd think he was a beta male who's clingy and desperate.

A bit harsh, but I can see your point.
OP - maybe mentioning that you miss talking to her rather than you miss her would be more appropriate? At-least then she won't think you someone believe you've fallen head over heels with her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending