The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Appeal to reason
Hello and welcome to the next installment of the thread! :biggrin:

Get talking! :colone:

Subjects:
Additional further maths Silent--ly, Star-girl, und
Biology Karma is a bitch, chignesh10, Lily Academia, senz72, Boom533, katebonnie, Agent Smirnoff, Conan, --emma--, Rainingshame
Chemistry dabest2500, berryripple, Integral, ElMoro, Star-girl, chignesh10, Lily Academia, Mendeleev’s Table, senz72, Boom533, wcp100, Agent Smirnoff, acceptingme, --emma--, cuckoo99, Rainingshame
Computing - ElMoro
Economics- berryripple, Arslongavitabrevis, Integral, Mendeleev’s Table, senz72, 4mar_ar5en4l, Agent Smirnoff, YLY
English lit Coco_94, Etoile, chickenonsteroids, Lily Academia, pink pineapple, RainReader, Boom533, katebonnie, cuckoo99
EPQ Arslongavitabrevis, Star-girl, Oli-Ol, Boom533, acceptingme, Conan
Fine art silent--ly , Lily Academia, RainReader,
French Etoile, chignesh10, Lily Academia, Oli-Ol, pink pineapple, katebonnie
Further Maths dabest2500, silent--ly, Arslongavitabrevis, Integral, George K, Heptapus, Star-girl, chignesh10, Mendeleev’s Table, Elmoro, Smmr, 4mar_ar5en4l, wcp100, Conan, acceptingme, YLY, und, Rainingshame
General studies Star-girl, wcp100, Conan
Geography - Rainingshame
Geology George K
German Etoile, chickenonsteroids
Hinduism - Boom533
History Coco_94, silent--ly, Oli-Ol, chickenonsteroids, pink pineapple, acceptingme
History of art silent--ly, RainReader
Human Biology - cuckoo99
ICT - Smmr
Italian Etoile, Karma is a bitch, Oli-Ol, katebonnie (GCSE)
Latin - Arslongavitabrevis, Oli-Ol, YLY
Law - Agent Smirnoff
Maths dabest2500, Etoile, Heptapus, silent--ly, Arslongavitabrevis, chickenonsteroids, Integral, George K, Star-girl, chignesh10, Lily Academia, Oli-Ol, Mendeleev’s Table, senz72, Boom533, 4mar_ar5en4l, wcp100, Conan, acceptingme, --emma--, YLY, Amwazicles, und, Rainingshame
Music - Heptapus
Physics dabest2500, silent--ly, chickenonsteroids, ElMoro, George K, Heptapus, chignesh10, Lily Academia, Star-girl, Smmr, 4mar_ar5en4l, wcp100, Conan, acceptingme, --emma--, Amwazicles, und
Philosophy Coco_94, chickenonsteroids, Amwazicles
Philosophy & Ethics - katebonnie
Psychology Coco_94, Oli-Ol, RainReader, Smmr, Amwazicles, cuckoo99
Politics berryripple, pink pineapple
RE Karma is a bitch
Russian - und
Sociology- Karma is a bitch
Spanish - --emma--

If you want in on the list, quote me with your subjects :smile:

Mollymod - Biology, Chemistry, German, Music Technology

Thank you ^_^ and sorry for the double post
I think I'm dying under a pile of past papers! Arghhhh :frown:
Reply 8842
Original post by -strawberry-
I think I'm dying under a pile of past papers! Arghhhh :frown:

Going to attempt my first one now. Wish me luck!
Reply 8843
Linear programming should die in a hole. :nothing:
Hello Jo! How goes German? I'm struggling loads with German revision :frown: And when do you have your Aural exam? Also, which topic are you picking for it?

Hope you remember me!

- Maddy
Reply 8845
Original post by wcp100
I've seen people on the STEP thread using uni maths. It's complete overkill imo.

Indeed. Mostly a waste of time as well - especially in STEP where you're so pushed for time
Reply 8846
Original post by ArsLongaVitaBrevis
No problem. I've been good thanks - I'm finishing up my core maths revision today. I just need to do a couple of C4 papers and the hardest will be over. C1-3 are completely fine with 2 past-papers in each.

Good to hear, amigo. I would personally recommend doing more than 2 past papers just in case but, obviously, you know what you're doing :smile:

Original post by ArsLongaVitaBrevis
I forgot to ask how you've been - most of your GCSEs are coming up soon right?

Yeah, not doing too bad thanks! Trying to get some heavy revision done this half term :yep:

How many exams you got in Summer?
Original post by senz72
Going to attempt my first one now. Wish me luck!

Good luck aha! I need luck to finish all of mine :frown:
Reply 8848
Original post by Etoile
Linear programming should die in a hole. :nothing:

Linear programming is sick* :cool:

*in a good way
Reply 8849
Original post by ElMoro

*in a good way

Thank you for clarifying, because I'm never sure! :lol:
I can't do it. :sad:

Original post by Mollymod
Hello! How goes German? I'm struggling loads with German revision :frown: And when do you have your Aural exam? Also, which topic are you picking for it?

Hope you remember me!

- Maddy

Hi! German goes well thanks, and for you? I've got loads to do for it this holidays too - my oral is on the 26th so very soon! :eek: When's yours? I'm not really sure which topic yet but I'm thinking maybe Sport, just so that I don't have to talk about Ferien or Gesundheit! :lol: Of course I remember you :tongue:
Reply 8850
Original post by Etoile
Thank you for clarifying, because I'm never sure! :lol:
I can't do it. :sad:

No worries. Some people I know get confused irl as well :tongue:

Which part do you find hard? :smile:
Reply 8851
Original post by ElMoro
No worries. Some people I know get confused irl as well :tongue:

Which part do you find hard? :smile:

I get confused irl. :tongue:
All of it :lol: I think I need to look at it on mymaths because I've got a past paper here and the linear programming question on it is worth 16 marks. :nothing:
Original post by ElMoro

*in a good way

Amen! :tongue: Only part of decision I like.
Original post by Etoile

Hi! German goes well thanks, and for you? I've got loads to do for it this holidays too - my oral is on the 26th so very soon! :eek: When's yours? I'm not really sure which topic yet but I'm thinking maybe Sport, just so that I don't have to talk about Ferien or Gesundheit! :lol: Of course I remember you :tongue:

German is... stressful I think. My teacher has essentially given up on our class. I've chosen 'Gesundheit' just because I did so much work on it back at GCSE too, so it's a subject I know a reasonable amount about. My oral is on the 1st of May, so a bit more time, although there's loads to do when I come back :| Goodluck with it though! Did you do any January modules or are all your exams next month?
Reply 8854
German is... stressful I think. My teacher has essentially given up on our class. I've chosen 'Gesundheit' just because I did so much work on it back at GCSE too, so it's a subject I know a reasonable amount about. My oral is on the 1st of May, so a bit more time, although there's loads to do when I come back :| Goodluck with it though! Did you do any January modules or are all your exams next month?

:console: How come they've given up? :redface: The only problem with Gesundheit and Sport is that they kind of overlap - talking about exercising to be healthy and the problems with drugs in sport :L Good luck to you too! I have my French one on the 4th of May and my Italian one on the 9th too :afraid: I did C1 in Jan but I was 2 marks off an A (how the hell I messed that up I'll never know -.-) so I'm resitting it. Did you do any?
Original post by Etoile
:console: How come they've given up? :redface: The only problem with Gesundheit and Sport is that they kind of overlap - talking about exercising to be healthy and the problems with drugs in sport :L Good luck to you too! I have my French one on the 4th of May and my Italian one on the 9th too :afraid: I did C1 in Jan but I was 2 marks off an A (how the hell I messed that up I'll never know -.-) so I'm resitting it. Did you do any?

That's why I went for music last year, and that reminds me I probalby need to check that I'm able to resit the module with the same chosen topic. If I can't, I'm going to cry/ end up doing advertising, because it was the only one I found mildly interesting. E, if you think the overlap is bad, wait until A2.
Original post by Etoile

They basically hate our class, they're just hormonal women who get annoyed at the littlest of things and hold grudges against our class for no apparent reason. Indeed there's a big overlap which is why it makes it a bit more difficult, but it's better than "Youth Culture and Concerns" because that could literally be anything. Goodluck to you! C1 as in.. Maths? I didn't know you were a Mathematician. Fair enough but a B isn't a bad grade at all. No, I didn't do any January exams.
Reply 8857
Original post by .snowflake.
That's why I went for music last year, and that reminds me I probalby need to check that I'm able to resit the module with the same chosen topic. If I can't, I'm going to cry/ end up doing advertising, because it was the only one I found mildly interesting. E, if you think the overlap is bad, wait until A2.

For advertising I remember saying something about adverts presenting a warped reality in order to sell products. :colone: If we could choose to just talk about Fernsehen/Werbung/Kommunikationstechnologie then my life would be complete haha! I think you would be able to, there's a girl in my class who's resitting and I think she's doing the same one, not certain though. What on earth did you find to say about music??
Mmm I've had a look in the textbooks in the library. Lots of stuff about the environment?

They basically hate our class, they're just hormonal women who get annoyed at the littlest of things and hold grudges against our class for no apparent reason. Indeed there's a big overlap which is why it makes it a bit more difficult, but it's better than "Youth Culture and Concerns" because that could literally be anything. Goodluck to you! C1 as in.. Maths? I didn't know you were a Mathematician. Fair enough but a B isn't a bad grade at all. No, I didn't do any January exams.

Oh wow! You can all do amazingly just to annoy them. :colone: That's true. The most worrying part is the general conversation though I think. :afraid: Yeah, maths. For my 5th subject it was actually between further maths and Italian which would have made this grade all the more embarrassing if I had taken it! Mmm it's just annoying that on past papers I was consistently getting 90% and then in the real one my arithmetic failed me :colondollar: Luckily apparently Cambridge won't care if I even get a B overall because it is so irrelevant to languages :h: Do you have lots in the summer then?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Etoile
For advertising I remember saying something about adverts presenting a warped reality in order to sell products. :colone: If we could choose to just talk about Fernsehen/Werbung/Kommunikationstechnologie then my life would be complete haha! I think you would be able to, there's a girl in my class who's resitting and I think she's doing the same one, not certain though. What on earth did you find to say about music??
Mmm I've had a look in the textbooks in the library. Lots of stuff about the environment?

Erm... i can't remember. influence of musicians... and some other stuff. I've got my prompt sheet somewhere.
I am bored.

Evening all. :smile:

Latest