The Student Room Group

Really regretting my choice of universities :/

Does anyone else feel the same? I really wish I had more time to research different universities and wasn't in such a big rush to send off my application :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what's wrong with what you chose?
Reply 2
In a way. I rushed into it a bit also, and not too sure about hertfordshire. Also, i took a lazy option of applying to bolton.

Im happy with two, and pretty much content with the other though.
Reply 3
Focused more on entry requirements + location of the unis rather than whether I liked it or not...
Reply 4
Original post by bexstarr
Focused more on entry requirements + location of the unis rather than whether I liked it or not...

This.

Does anyone else feel the same? I really wish I had more time to research different universities and wasn't in such a big rush to send off my application :frown:

Not 100% sure but can you change them still if they haven't got replys or offers if you can take the opportunity to have a good look atleast on the net just give yourself a day where u check the sites out and things then edit it if you feel you've chosen wrong in any remember your gonna be there for the next 3/4 years important you feel happy with your choice
Check out the OFFA Fee Revisions. They allow you to change any university to one on the list. If you have applied to one on the list you can apply to any other university.
I changed my application to Gloucestershire to UCA through it because I went to a late open day, after sending off my application, and just had a really bad day at Glouscestershire.
I know Hertfordshire is on the list too.
Make the most of it now. As for those saying they chose it on location and entry requirements over how much they liked it, that's totally the wrong way to go about it. It's got to be judged on how much you like the course and the uni, since you'll be spending about £27k and judging the rest of your life on it, not how easy it is to get home each weekend.
Reply 8
erm yep, regret at least 2 of my choices :/
Reply 9
Original post by NickW-Moores
Not 100% sure but can you change them still if they haven't got replys or offers if you can take the opportunity to have a good look atleast on the net just give yourself a day where u check the sites out and things then edit it if you feel you've chosen wrong in any remember your gonna be there for the next 3/4 years important you feel happy with your choice

I've got replies back from them all :/
Reply 10
Original post by MissBlueskys
Check out the OFFA Fee Revisions. They allow you to change any university to one on the list. If you have applied to one on the list you can apply to any other university.
I changed my application to Gloucestershire to UCA through it because I went to a late open day, after sending off my application, and just had a really bad day at Glouscestershire.
I know Hertfordshire is on the list too.

Really?

Even if I've already got replies from them all? I thought there was nothing I could do about it...

I've got replies back from them all :/

Well someone mentioned you can change one still soooo think really really hard which university ud like to go that isn't on your list and swop it for when that you don't want to or rejected, hope you feel happier about your choices, if your really not happy there's always clearing or gap year and take the year out to think properly and maybe even top up ucas points to open your options further?
Try to think carefully about where you chose, even if you end up going through clearing instead in sept because you messed up your options. its worth it to really research the uni and know what you want out of uni and what you want uni to be for you as an experience.

Ive grew up in a city all my life and i like to be non stop on my feet rushing around, busy, busy.
i chose to go to university college falmouth, because i wanted to be close to the seaside.
i went down for an interview, and the tutor was amazing, next thing you know i picked falmouth as my first choice without even knowing the town.

Turns out theres nothing much to do in Falmouth, but get high and look at the view,
and get drunk on student night and dance in small clubs. Compared to the city lifestyle i'd once led, the lifestyle i lead in Falmouth now is much more relaxed and different.
Although im settled and happy now, have a lot of friends and enjoy my course, if i would go back i would still not pick Falmouth.

Im still considering 2nd year transfer to somewhere else.

Seriously, think carefully on what uni you want to go. i was so busy and rushed, i never bothered.
its a big deal - go to an open day. GO TO AS MANY AS POSSIBLE.
Reply 13
Just curious OP, where did you apply?
Reply 14
Really?

Even if I've already got replies from them all? I thought there was nothing I could do about it...

You can still change them :smile:
I got an offer from Brunel but I still changed it recently to Queen Mary.
Reply 15
Original post by whatever_x
You can still change them :smile:
I got an offer from Brunel but I still changed it recently to Queen Mary.

Oh i see :smile: how did you do this? Cancel your offer? But I thought you were only allowed to pick 5, so if you cancel them, you still won't be able to pick another one :s-smilie:
Reply 16
Oh i see :smile: how did you do this? Cancel your offer? But I thought you were only allowed to pick 5, so if you cancel them, you still won't be able to pick another one :s-smilie:

Nope you go to ucas.com/changechoices
But you can only change them if the uni that you're changing or the one that you want to apply to is on the OFFA Fee Revision list.
Reply 17
Original post by Jackso
Just curious OP, where did you apply?

Southampton (unsuccessful), Queen Mary (unsuccessful) - i unexpectedly underachieved in June :frown: those were the only two unis i really liked :/

And i have offers from Portsmouth, Westminster and London Met... Reeeally wanna change the London Met one haha :/ and I liked Westminster but I heard recently that it's a really rubbish uni, and also Portsmouth was alright but not particularly amazing...
Reply 18
Original post by whatever_x
Nope you go to ucas.com/changechoices
But you can only change them if the uni that you're changing or the one that you want to apply to is on the OFFA Fee Revision list.

Ooooh, so for example, i could change London Met to Brunel? (saw it on the list, using it as an example cos you cancelled their offer haha) ...i thought changing choices only applied to people who'd applied to one of the unis on the list, I'd already looked desperately for London Met on there and couldn't find it so I just gave up :O
Reply 19
Ooooh, so for example, i could change London Met to Brunel? (saw it on the list, using it as an example cos you cancelled their offer haha) ...i thought changing choices only applied to people who'd applied to one of the unis on the list, I'd already looked desperately for London Met on there and couldn't find it so I just gave up :O

Yess you can.
& haha no, it says on their website that you can also change one of your choices to a university on that list. :biggrin:
Just double checked the website and it says "Your choices can be changed, but only to those universities or colleges whose fees or financial support arrangements have changed. "
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending