The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by jubrilaya
passed g4s screening? or locog screening?

I guess G4S Screening and LOCOG Screening are different. How can we ensure whether we passed LOCOG screening?
Reply 1781
Original post by Mrnice92
SIA got my application now (checked the tracker) also I got an email saying if i wanted to do full time or part time (apparently my work role is General Workforce) and i got psa and ted training next week. anyone know what you actually do in General Workforce? :confused:

My application tracker says I am at the stage of checking. My time has stopped from 7 days. I called them yesterday whether my application refused (?) but they said that they forwarded application for decision.

By the way, we can be exempted from SIA license if we get LOCOG accreditation. Please read http://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Documents/olympics/olympics-factsheet.pdf
I guess people with LOCOG accreditation need not worry.
Hi Every1
My G4S job status says, Screening Successful, sent for accreditation. I want to know What kind of checks they do in Accreditation? I am an International student.
Reply 1783
Original post by waqarjamil
Hi Every1
My G4S job status says, Screening Successful, sent for accreditation. I want to know What kind of checks they do in Accreditation? I am an International student.

Check out this link:
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/counter-terrorism/securing-2012-olympic-games/safe-and-secure-games/olympics-accreditation-process/
Original post by cstewart91
Regarding accreditation:

No i didnt have an invite, you dont need one
All you need is photo ID and you must have passed screening
Yes i have my sia badge
My travel for training is all paid for as is accommodation (private room in student accommodation in cutty sark, greenwich)
3 hot meal per day and a bus to take you to and from training

Oh wow, are you staying in the actual ship? Sounds really cool! :biggrin:

Are you coming from far to work in London?

I live in South East London, but I think I'd prefer to temporarily stay in Central London for the job if I can in order to cut down on commuting times since there's the possibility of 12 hour shifts.
Reply 1785
Original post by cstewart91
IF ANYBODY IS STILL WAITING FOR ACCREDITATION JUST TURN UP AT UDAC ON 101 STEPHENSON STREET, LONDON, THEY WILL GIVE YOU IT.

Im down in London from Glasgow for role specific xray training and decided I wasnt going to wait to be back in Glasgow to get a call to come and collect accreditation so just turned up, as did 100+ others on my training course and we all got accreditation within 5mins. Lack of communication as usual. Just turn up and get it so you can start working ASAP.

Thanks a lot! Decided to go up there to get it and I got my accreditation + free oyster!
Reply 1786
Everything seems to be going smoothly with me;
Training done
SiA License has arrived
Accreditation recieved
Only thing left it seems is uniform

Only thing is that their system does seem to mess up; booked me in for the same training session under 2 different ID numbers but same nane :s
Reply 1787
This is bulls*** i was told yesterday to go pick up my pass and uniform i went today and the UDAC had no information on the database for g4s, altough they supplied the pass for UPS which i had withdrawn from , i dont get thiss !!" -_-
Original post by ybasnet
I guess G4S Screening and LOCOG Screening are different. How can we ensure whether we passed LOCOG screening?

they are, you check on the g4s career portal. they are also supposed to notify you as well
did you get a email telling you that you passed locog accreditation before doing so? also how long has it been since you passed screening?
Can we go pick up accreditation if we haven't heard back from g4s about passing screening yet? I've done all the training!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1791
Original post by jubrilaya
they are, you check on the g4s career portal. they are also supposed to notify you as well

My G4S Career Portal says "Screening Complete / Sent to Accreditation" from month. Does it say 'Accredited'?
Original post by ybasnet
My G4S Career Portal says "Screening Complete / Sent to Accreditation" from month. Does it say 'Accredited'?

dunno what it should say, I haven't passed locog accreditation yet.
Reply 1793
Just got an e-mail telling me to ollect my accreditation pass... But im one step ahead, got that already!
Reply 1794
Collect*
What are the opening times of UDAC?
Is there any BridGing The Gap student/ anyone going down to London on the 11th - 12th July for the Vechicle Screening Area - Lane Marshall/ Vechicle Searcher at G4S training centre pitchford street Stratford?
I am from Manchester, anyone know will g4S provide travel and accommodation?
Reply 1797
Original post by Trey-Cii3
What are the opening times of UDAC?

10:00 till 19:00
Reply 1798
Hi, I have completed my SIA course a while ago, and completed the Rapiscan/PSA training, got my accreditation. but I haven't heard nothing about uniform? dont know what to do! any advise? I know my SIA application is being processed. and how do i log on to this site http://www.g4sinduction2012.com. HELP!! Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi, ive got guard training tomorrow at masonic hall in manchester. It say the dress code is smart casual so whats that a suit or jeans ect?? and it also says it from 8 till 5 should i get there earlier ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending