The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnimalSpirit
Some people had further maths excluded from their offer, so yes.. That would be the same in your case, except it might not be further maths they have excluded (I don't know your 4th subject on A-level)

Well art is my fourth A-level, so I can in a way see why they'd value english lit more. I was a little dissapointed though as art was going to be my easiest A :frown:

Original post by such_a_lady
Two As have to be in German and Spanish, but that kind of goes without saying...

It would be rather peculiar if they only specified an A in one language! Is your third subject specified, or are you taking 3 A levels?
Original post by DanTemp
Hey!
I've got an offer for Law with French Law too. Mine is for St. Catz! :biggrin:

I also got an offer for Law at St Catz! Do you know anyone else who got an offer?
Original post by Chaofan88
Well art is my fourth A-level, so I can in a way see why they'd value english lit more. I was a little dissapointed though as art was going to be my easiest A :frown:

It would be rather peculiar if they only specified an A in one language! Is your third subject specified, or are you taking 3 A levels?

I'm doing four, and the other one isn't specified, so yours is odd :erm:
Does anyone else have each subject specified in their offer? My offer is A*AA in bio, chem and english despite the fact that I take 4 subjects :s-smilie:

I'm specified Latin and Greek, as you would expect with Classics. The third can be any out of maths, French or history :dontknow:
I'm doing four, and the other one isn't specified, so yours is odd :erm:

Gah, you're so lucky!! Perhaps it's because I have an open offer and some colleges will regard art as less repectable than others :dontknow: But then on the other hand, what's your fourth subject? Perhaps it makes sense to ask for all academic subjects if you're applying for an academic subject...
Original post by medbh4805
I'm specified Latin and Greek, as you would expect with Classics. The third can be any out of maths, French or history :dontknow:

That seems like a fair offer. Part of me wants to ring Oxford and inquire..the other part is screaming SHUDDUPYOUGOTANOFFERFROMOXFORD. I'm beggining to think it's to do with how academic a subject is, especially as I'm applying for a science course and art is a rather practical subject :dontknow:
Gah, you're so lucky!! Perhaps it's because I have an open offer and some colleges will regard art as less repectable than others :dontknow: But then on the other hand, what's your fourth subject? Perhaps it makes sense to ask for all academic subjects if you're applying for an academic subject...

German, Spanish, Eng Lit, Eng Lang
German, Spanish, Eng Lit, Eng Lang

English lit :love: Although coursework is killing me right now!
Does anyone else have each subject specified in their offer? My offer is A*AA in bio, chem and english despite the fact that I take 4 subjects :s-smilie:

My offer is A* in Bio or Chem, then two AAs from Bio/Chem + any other A level excluding general studies. I do English lit and German and they weren't mentioned at all.
My offer is AAA - one A must be in Chem, one A must be in Bio or Maths. And I do 5 subjects, albeit I'm pretty sure this is just the standard Medicine offer :tongue:
That seems like a fair offer. Part of me wants to ring Oxford and inquire..the other part is screaming SHUDDUPYOUGOTANOFFERFROMOXFORD. I'm beggining to think it's to do with how academic a subject is, especially as I'm applying for a science course and art is a rather practical subject :dontknow:

Probably - a lot is probably down to the opinions of the tutors at your college, and they probably want to see you can get 3 As in 3 'academic' subjects as you say :dontknow:
Original post by manic_fuzz
My offer is AAA - one A must be in Chem, one A must be in Bio or Maths. And I do 5 subjects, albeit I'm pretty sure this is just the standard Medicine offer :tongue:

Sounds alright- so your third A can be in anything?
Original post by Neopolitan Girl
My offer is A* in Bio or Chem, then two AAs from Bio/Chem + any other A level excluding general studies. I do English lit and German and they weren't mentioned at all.

Awesome! I think I've seen you're applying for biology somewhere here? Maybe I should have carried on with chinese so I could have the option of getting an A in chinese or english..oh well, what's done is done.
Sounds alright- so your third A can be in anything?

:yep:
Reply 394

In that case, I'd suggest dropping Art since it takes up a LOT of time to do and focus on your other subjects.
Original post by loku
Hi everyone, I have an offer from Wadham, and I've found 'Wadham College Reply Form' in the envelope. What am I supposed to do with it? There is only space to write name, adress, yeat of entry and tick accept/decline (I assume that the offer, but it doesnt say anything :smile: ) They do not say when should I send it back or can I do it via email? Does anyone from Wadham know?

Maybe I am too stupid to go to Oxford :biggrin:

Current wadhamite here :dance: you've made a very good choice.
They just want to know whether or not you plan to accept the offer- fill in and post to Jenny Tamplin (The admissions tutor) Wadham College, Parks Road, Oxford OX13PN... and then give yourself a pat on the back for being so clever :biggrin:
My track updated today to add Conditional for Oxford! I was really surprised, I thought they wouldn't be doing it until March! It was nice though, I didn't fully believe it before then :tongue:
Original post by ReBee
In that case, I'd suggest dropping Art since it takes up a LOT of time to do and focus on your other subjects.

Yeah, I've contemplated doing such. My main problem is however that I got an A (close to 100%) last year and art is essentially my easy subject. Having such a subject means that if I for some reason underperform in English (I had pneumonia last year, so who knows what could crop up this year?!) then I at least have a third A to fall back on which will be useful for my other offers which don't specify between English and Art. Also, I do love art.... I'm so torn :frown:
Yeah, I've contemplated doing such. My main problem is however that I got an A (close to 100%) last year and art is essentially my easy subject. Having such a subject means that if I for some reason underperform in English (I had pneumonia last year, so who knows what could crop up this year?!) then I at least have a third A to fall back on which will be useful for my other offers which don't specify between English and Art. Also, I do love art.... I'm so torn :frown:

Be aware, if you put Art on your UCAS form and decide to drop it, you must inform all your universities, and they will all be within their rights to change or withdraw your offers :erm:
Original post by medbh4805
Be aware, if you put Art on your UCAS form and decide to drop it, you must inform all your universities, and they will all be within their rights to change or withdraw your offers :erm:

In which case there is absolutely no way I am dropping it. It makes more sense to carry on, do nothing and fail than risk rejection. Of course, I don't plan to do such, I love art :love:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending