The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by annalouise11
I'm so new to this whole student room thing!

But I got an offer at Keble to study modern languages! Anyone else from Keble?

Would be great to meet people!! :smile:

:wavey:

although by the time you get here, I'll be a second year (prelims permitting) :colondollar:
Reply 781
anyone else on here got an offer for biomed?
Reply 782
Original post by GnomeyD
anyone else on here got an offer for biomed?

I do for st johns.

I was at corpus and st johns for interview tho.

What college are u???
Reply 783
Magdalen, but i had an interview there and at new :smile:
Reply 784
Original post by GnomeyD
Magdalen, but i had an interview there and at new :smile:

you got three interviews???
I'm so new to this whole student room thing!

But I got an offer at Keble to study modern languages! Anyone else from Keble?

Would be great to meet people!! :smile:

Moi :smile:
Original post by candide
you got three interviews???

Happens sometimes. A girl who got interviewed at my college the year after I got in was interviewed by four different colleges altogether... I believe they do this to some people in order to check that interviewers at different colleges are reaching similar conclusions about candidates (i.e. to make the interview process fair).
Original post by waterloo-sunset
Hey, I see your offer's from Balliol from your previous post, I'm (hopefully) Balliol bound for History :smile:

Excellent, I've now found someone I can shout at over the wall. :tongue:

(Trinity, you see.)
Original post by marquisinspades
AAh, wow, well done! Are you excited? It'd be lovely to get to know some other people going before going! :smile:

Thanks, you too :smile:

I am excited, yes, but my work ethic is pretty much non-existent right now (and that's worryingly not an exaggeration...) so I really need to focus more on studying to make sure I even meet my offer :')

Yeah, it would be nice to meet other people on the course before going, I met a guy at interviews who also got an offer for Law with French Law at my college, I've got him on facebook now too though we don't talk (yet...xD). He was nice though :smile: My name is Maddy by the way!
Reply 789
This may be a bit lazy of me and I apologize (I really dont want to look through all 40 pages) but how many people on here have offers for Magdalen - more specifically Law at Magdalen.
Reply 790
Original post by Apostropartheid

Original post by Apostropartheid
Excellent, I've now found someone I can shout at over the wall. :tongue:

(Trinity, you see.)

Trinity for?? (sorry if this is in an earlier post or your sig)
Does anyone (medics if possible) know if there was anything else we had to send to Oxford to accept our offers (apart from firming on UCAS) as I'm a little paranoid that I've forgotten something :tongue:
Reply 792
Original post by confused dot com
Does anyone (medics if possible) know if there was anything else we had to send to Oxford to accept our offers (apart from firming on UCAS) as I'm a little paranoid that I've forgotten something :tongue:

Last year they wanted an email if you weren't planning on accepting the offer, but otherwise there wasn't anything to send before the summer (after A-level results).
Original post by confused dot com

i got sent a slip thing to fill out and return but i think it varies by college, i know other people who didn't get anything, so don't worry about it!
Original post by dbmag9
Last year they wanted an email if you weren't planning on accepting the offer, but otherwise there wasn't anything to send before the summer (after A-level results).

Original post by doloroushazy
i got sent a slip thing to fill out and return but i think it varies by college, i know other people who didn't get anything, so don't worry about it!

Thanks, that has put my mind at ease :biggrin:
Original post by DavidCrow

Original post by DavidCrow
Moi :smile:

hey! What are you planning on studying? Where abouts are you from? :smile:
hey! What are you planning on studying? Where abouts are you from? :smile:

See my message on your profile :smile:
Congratulations!
Well done on all your offers!
Not sure whether this is the right place to ask, but I'm leaning towards dropping my EPQ (screwed up over deadlines, forgot about doing the log) and I'm not sure how much Oxford would mind. I have an offer for English so I've emailed the English Faculty to find out, but have had no reply as of yet. Does anyone know whether it would be acceptable to drop the EPQ, or who I should contact to find out? Thanks for any help.
Original post by Aloysius94
Well done on all your offers!
Not sure whether this is the right place to ask, but I'm leaning towards dropping my EPQ (screwed up over deadlines, forgot about doing the log) and I'm not sure how much Oxford would mind. I have an offer for English so I've emailed the English Faculty to find out, but have had no reply as of yet. Does anyone know whether it would be acceptable to drop the EPQ, or who I should contact to find out? Thanks for any help.

Definitely wait to hear back from them before making a decision. If it's on your UCAS and you decide to drop it, they're within their rights to withdraw their offer. However they might say it's okay, so wait to hear what they say :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending