The Student Room Group

What clothing to take for after ski clubbing (girls)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by John Deere
Shouldn't you be enjoying yourself whilst out.... maybe your idea of enjoyment is being top dog on the local rules, each to their own I guess

My level of enjoyment has, oddly enough, little to do with what I wear in order to get to places when going out. Seeing local rules being enforced is not the same as enforcing them myself.
Shouldn't you be enjoying yourself whilst out.... maybe your idea of enjoyment is being top dog on the local rules, each to their own I guess

So you can only enjoy yourself when you are cold? You can have more fun if you aren't worrying about freezing outside.
Original post by joshgoldman
I wish I could ski... :rant:

Sorry, what exactly are you doing on TSR if that is how you feel?

I joined because it was useful for universities :facepalm: but from what I've experianced is most people on here are a load of killjoys
Original post by Drewski
My level of enjoyment has, oddly enough, little to do with what I wear in order to get to places when going out. Seeing local rules being enforced is not the same as enforcing them myself.

The reason is I didn't have to travel far from the hotel to the clubs, plus drink n md in the mix you have a great time but there again i'd guess you're in the tsr anti drugs parade too
Reply 44
I joined because it was useful for universities :facepalm: but from what I've experianced is most people on here are a load of killjoys

Is posting rude comments here helping your degree? Oh, so why are you wasting your precious life here?

I am sorry you haven't ended up where you expected in life, but who knows, maybe one day they will learn how to treat you. Better hope those 'nerds' keep researching!
Reply 45
Original post by ava_x
Heya,

I'm not booked on the TSR ski trip but I wasn't really sure where else to post this. I am going on my University snowsports club ski trip quite soon and have all the stuff I need for skiing and being in the snow but just wanted to know what kinda stuff to pack for night time in the clubs etc as i've been told we'll be out drinking pretty much everynight.

I almost always wear heels when I go out but I don't know if they would be appropriate on a ski resort for obvious reasons :rolleyes: so I was thinking maybe boots with a heel or wedge? (not super high or anything). Also I'm really not into wearing hoodies unless it's for doing sport etc so would feel really weird being out clubbing wearing one. Do people still dress like they would if they were clubbing anywhere else or is it all warm and cosy clothing?? I was hoping to atleast be able to wear some little skirts with thick black tights (as opposed to normal tights like in town) and squeeze my hoodie into my handbag after getting there...

I know this all sounds so lame but I'm actually clueless as to what I should bring!

Thanks for your help :smile:

Hey OP,

"Ski clubbing", love it!!

Imo, whats worked for me....:colondollar:

Wear a thermal top under your ski jacket. Once youve finished skiing for the day its probably around 4pm. Head back to your hotel room and change your ski boots to casual boots. And thats it!

Go straight out. Apres ski is done in full ski attire. I draw the line at ski boots, goggles and helmet but apart from that you come direct from the slopes. Drink, have some food, drink. In bed before midnight and back up for skiing at 9am.

The whole thing is done so you are physically capable of skiing the next day. Caring about what you look like too much in a ski bar is crazy. You will look very foreign. :wink:
Original post by Architecture-er
Geeks are often more fun than 'lads' :colonhash:

Amen to that!

Would rather have an evening of drinks with geeky people than an evening surrounded by 'lads' drinking themselves into annihilation, flirting with everything with a pulse and dancing like three legged goats on acid.

I'd also rather look like an idiot and be warm than dressed up to the nines and frozen. I'm weird like that.
(edited 12 years ago)
Retarded I know, but having a speedo social on my upcoming trip. Will probably wear a jacket and salopettes out though.
Reply 48
Have the person to New York skiing together!
Reply 49
The reason is I didn't have to travel far from the hotel to the clubs, plus drink n md in the mix you have a great time but there again i'd guess you're in the tsr anti drugs parade too

Original post by ParadoxSocks
dancing like three legged goats on acid.

Remind me not to dance...

:tongue:
I love my high heels too, but in those sort of circumstances, I think it's a good idea to wear flats. Or at least carry a pair of flats in your bag, so you've at least got them with you!
Also, I'd suggest definitely wearing thick black tights and/or leggings. If you're wearing thick tights, you can always wear two pairs and nobody will ever know! :mmm:
Keep a coat/jacket/hoody with you as well, although you may not want to, when you're there and you find yourself in a situation where your nipples could cut glass because you're so cold, then you'd be grateful for a nice warm jacket! :wink:

Have a good time!
I have lots of experience of ski resorts, and I know Alpe D'uez. The Les bergers area of the resort is to the East of the village and about half way up the resort. It is a good 10 to 15 minute walk to the main village, depending on underfoot conditions, where all the action is. Alpe D'huez is a hilly resort and so you will have to walk down or up at some point.
In late March unless there has been late snow fall the pavements should be all cleared, but there is also a lot of melt freeze at that time of year and so ice can be a problem. I'm a bloke so cant really advise on clothing for the girls, but I would forget heels at all, and little plastic soled roll up flatties will be cold and have you on your backside in no time flat if it is icy.Wear your ski anorack for sure. In the clubs you will find people dressed all ways including the guy still wearing his ski boots and salopetes because he has never been back to his hotel. But as previously posted, a dress, or skirt and thick tights will probably be fine. I've always found a good bar with a band is better than clubbing every night, but it has to be done,at least once.Take plenty money, as you will probably get drawn into very expensive cocktails, and spirits When I was last there a couple of years ago there were only 2 clubs L'igloo and Les Caves. Both pricey but both used to have early evening prices to get you in, but then you spend more on drinks. If a load of you from the trip go as a group, you might persuade them to give you a group discount.
This is how I do it, Up at 8am, ski from opening of lifts to lunch time, beer, spag bol or soup, ski till lifts close, couple of pints, find out if there is anything interesting happening that night, back to apartment, shower, change, cook or go out to eat, pub, bed about midnight, (club twice, near beginning and last night usually. But just go with the flow. I go for the skiing not to party. Hope this helps.
Reply 53
I definitely agree with no heels! You can go out and dress up in a posh frock and heels any time of the year. You don't want to fall over and break something and ruin the rest of your trip!

The last ski trip I went on, nearly every night was fancy dress e.g. pirates (which was great when we went to a rum bar!), punk and mimes (the french love that), so we just wore a themed t-shirt/face paint, jeans and some canvas pumps, with a coat/ski jacket on top. No one cares what you look like. It's not like in England where you get a taxi to a club, and you're on the streets for about a minute - there will be walking and it'll be cold! We all went out at the same time to the nightclubs so when you're getting ready with the other girlies you can compare what to wear lol.

The 'routine' of 'backtothebooks' is about right too. Some people got so majorly pissed on my last trip that they had to take a whole day off to recover in bed - which is great any other day of the year but you're only gonna have 6? days of boarding, and would be a waste of money! Have a few/many drinks by all means as long as you can recover in the morning! It was funny tho watching a roommate groaning in the morning saying he needs to go to hospital!! (he was fine after 4 hrs) :P
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest