The Student Room Group

How to know if a guy likes you?

I broke up with my boyfriend jon, about a week ago (we'd been dating 14 months). His friend found out and know he's been talking to me, calling me and ''trying to get me back with him''.

He's always touching my arms/leg etc. He leans in almost too close when we talk.
He hugs me quite abit.
When we talk he always looks me in the eyes, so much that I have to look away.
He calls me alot, mostly about his friend though and tells me that I'm a very nice person and kind.
When me and his friend were dating, he never even talked to me.

I don't see him when he's with other girls, so I don't know if he treats me differently.

Sometimes I feel like he likes me becuase of how he is with me, other times I think he's just trying to get me back with his friend becuase we mostly only talk about him, and he's always going on about how I should take him back etc.

What do you think?
Sounds like he wouldnt mind a piece of you....but dont do it. Ifhe's willing to do this to his friend, he'll probably be willing to do worse to you....
Ps. Are you sure your ex's name isnt Wayne (Bridge) and his friends name John (Terry)?
Original post by TruetoMyself
Sounds like he wouldnt mind a piece of you....but dont do it. Ifhe's willing to do this to his friend, he'll probably be willing to do worse to you....

I really like him, but I know it wouldn't work becuase of this, so I'd like to know if he likes me, but I still wouldn't do anything and I doubt he would even if he like's me.
Basically he doesnt want to ask you if you still like you ex, so he would call you and tell u to get back with him. His doins this in order for you tell him that you dont like ur ex anymore, so he knows its over for sure..... i think he likes you, but there is a rule about ex friends and stuff. So you should use body language or something and tell him you have no feelings for your ex's friend
Original post by Stranded.At.The.Drive.In
I really like him, but I know it wouldn't work becuase of this, so I'd like to know if he likes me, but I still wouldn't do anything and I doubt he would even if he like's me.

Sounds to me like he does, yeah. Seems somewhat 'overfriendly' for someone trying to get you back together with his friend. But you never know whats going on in someones mind for sure.....
Reply 6
sounds like he wants you
and it also sounds like hes a crappy mate
Original post by TruetoMyself
Sounds to me like he does, yeah. Seems somewhat 'overfriendly' for someone trying to get you back together with his friend. But you never know whats going on in someones mind for sure.....

That's what I thought, but even though I don't know him very well, I think he wouldn't actually try to kiss me or whatever, he's quite hard to read.
And like you said, you never know what people really think..
Original post by gingerben
sounds like he wants you
and it also sounds like hes a crappy mate

I don't think he'd actually try anything with me.
And why I think maybe he doesn't like me is becuase he'll do most of this stuff in front of my ex and he doesn't mind becuase he's always said I trust him more than anything..
Reply 9
well he may just be trying to get you to take his mate back
Original post by gingerben
well he may just be trying to get you to take his mate back

Yeah maybe..
Reply 11
Original post by Stranded.At.The.Drive.In
Yeah maybe..

tbh it more than likely is
cause he wouldnt be trying to get himself 'in there' while his mate was around
unless its some trick
but i wouldnt really pay much attention to him tbh