The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Current warwick law students, when did you get your offer?

I'm just intrested as i've waited over two months and i havn't heard back from warwick yet. So when did you get your law offer? And what were your predicted/actual grades?
Reply 1
I got my offer on the 20th December.

AAAA at AS
Predicted A*A*A*A at A2.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
5th February. I applied end of sept/beginning of October.

AAAA at AS and was predicted A*A*A, ended up with A*AA actual grades.
Original post by Krydel
5th February. I applied end of sept/beginning of October.

AAAA at AS and was predicted A*A*A, ended up with A*AA actual grades.

Sweet man! What were your GCSE grades? Also did you take Warwick up on the offer? If so how are you finding the course?
Reply 4
Original post by KnowstheLaw
Sweet man! What were your GCSE grades? Also did you take Warwick up on the offer? If so how are you finding the course?

GCSEs were 'bad' enough to get a rejection from Bristol :P

A*A*AAAAAAABB were my GCSEs.

I'm typing from Warwick as we speak! It's extraordinarily difficult, but when you're on top off the workload, it's very interesting all the while :smile:
Original post by Krydel
GCSEs were 'bad' enough to get a rejection from Bristol :P

A*A*AAAAAAABB were my GCSEs.

I'm typing from Warwick as we speak! It's extraordinarily difficult, but when you're on top off the workload, it's very interesting all the while :smile:

Not exactly bad GCSE's by any stretch of the imagination - looks like Bristol have missed out on a good student. Ahh i see, I imagine it is very difficult! What is Warwick like as place? and what is the social life like? Sorry about all these questions, but I would strongly consider going there if I was fortunate enough to receive an offer.
Reply 6
Original post by KnowstheLaw
Not exactly bad GCSE's by any stretch of the imagination - looks like Bristol have missed out on a good student. Ahh i see, I imagine it is very difficult! What is Warwick like as place? and what is the social life like? Sorry about all these questions, but I would strongly consider going there if I was fortunate enough to receive an offer.

Warwick is nicknamed 'The Bubble' by many students, and with good reason. Everything you could possibly need is on campus/within walking distance and you could, if you so wished, never go off-campus and be quite content.

If you live in one of the more central accommodations (Whitefields where i am, Arthur Vick etc) you are between 30 seconds and 2 minutes walk from either the union where The Copper Rooms (the university nightclub/venue) is and about the same to Costcutters.

Tesco is a 10-15 minute walk from campus, less so if you live further out and is 24 hours.

As far as social life goes there is always something going on, not necessarily the clubbing scene, but the sheer number of sports and other societies can keep you busy every day if you want them to (which you won't, as a Law student).

If it's the nightlife you're interested in, there's POP! on a wednesday which is a cheesy night which the sports socieites 'circle' before (play drinking games) and Top B on a friday which is your typical club music, along with £1.50 pints, jaegerbombs, mixers, etc. Dotted in amongst these are less regular nights such as Transmission (indie), Crash (rock/heavy) and Pressure (Dnb/Dubstep). For example, this saturday i'm going to see Modestep in the union.

There's also a company called The Uni Express which you buy a ticket for that picks up lots of buses full of students and takes them off-campus to places such as Gatecrasher in Birmingham (highly recommended!). These cost around about £10 depending on where you want to go.

The main place for nightlife outside of campus, but you can get buses up until midnight, or 2am on some nights, is Leamington Spa. £2.35 on the U1 to leamington, typically £5 or less between 4-5 people sharing a taxi for the journey back. Smack and Evolve are the decent clubs in leamington, with plenty of bars to haunt such as the infamous Kelsey's!

There's also Coventry, which has Kasbah and some other nightlife, but Coventry in general isn't a very nice place, you'll find you will only go there if there's something you need there or for the train station.

Also, a tip for wherever you go: DON'T do like me and spend the first term clubbing most nights, you end up SO far behind and procrastinating on this forum to avoid the masses of Land Law notes you have to do for your exam on Wednesday :colondollar:
Original post by Krydel
Warwick is nicknamed 'The Bubble' by many students, and with good reason. Everything you could possibly need is on campus/within walking distance and you could, if you so wished, never go off-campus and be quite content.

If you live in one of the more central accommodations (Whitefields where i am, Arthur Vick etc) you are between 30 seconds and 2 minutes walk from either the union where The Copper Rooms (the university nightclub/venue) is and about the same to Costcutters.

Tesco is a 10-15 minute walk from campus, less so if you live further out and is 24 hours.

As far as social life goes there is always something going on, not necessarily the clubbing scene, but the sheer number of sports and other societies can keep you busy every day if you want them to (which you won't, as a Law student).

If it's the nightlife you're interested in, there's POP! on a wednesday which is a cheesy night which the sports socieites 'circle' before (play drinking games) and Top B on a friday which is your typical club music, along with £1.50 pints, jaegerbombs, mixers, etc. Dotted in amongst these are less regular nights such as Transmission (indie), Crash (rock/heavy) and Pressure (Dnb/Dubstep). For example, this saturday i'm going to see Modestep in the union.

There's also a company called The Uni Express which you buy a ticket for that picks up lots of buses full of students and takes them off-campus to places such as Gatecrasher in Birmingham (highly recommended!). These cost around about £10 depending on where you want to go.

The main place for nightlife outside of campus, but you can get buses up until midnight, or 2am on some nights, is Leamington Spa. £2.35 on the U1 to leamington, typically £5 or less between 4-5 people sharing a taxi for the journey back. Smack and Evolve are the decent clubs in leamington, with plenty of bars to haunt such as the infamous Kelsey's!

There's also Coventry, which has Kasbah and some other nightlife, but Coventry in general isn't a very nice place, you'll find you will only go there if there's something you need there or for the train station.

Also, a tip for wherever you go: DON'T do like me and spend the first term clubbing most nights, you end up SO far behind and procrastinating on this forum to avoid the masses of Land Law notes you have to do for your exam on Wednesday :colondollar:

Thanks for all this information- it will be certainly most helpful if I am to get an offer - fingers crossed! Sounds like you have a cracking time there... hey well you may as well party hard in the first year, as I'm sure it will progressively get tougher. True lad!
Reply 8
hello, not a current warwrick law student yet, but got my offer on the 6th Jan:

GCSE:
4A* 7A

AS GRADES:
AAAAB

Predicted A2 GRADES:
A*AAA

Sent my application off on 8th Nov
Original post by Krydel
x

Hey, would you be able to share your views of the teaching,etc. How many contact hours/lectures/seminars do you have a week? any info would be good.:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
i got AABC at AS, pull marks in english lit, uurm everyone at warick seems to have got AAAA im worried if theres any point in my applying, any advice on my chances of an offer? :/
Reply 11
Original post by FarhanaHaq
i got AABC at AS, pull marks in english lit, uurm everyone at warick seems to have got AAAA im worried if theres any point in my applying, any advice on my chances of an offer? :/

I got an offer with the same grades at AS.
Reply 12
Original post by tehforum
I got an offer with the same grades at AS.

into warick noo way?

Why do only aaaa students write on student room haha,
then i think im going to risk it, just working on my personal statement now
im actually getting somewhere, quoting a book im currently reading as you adviced
not the quoting but the reading off course :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by FarhanaHaq
into warick noo way?

Why do only aaaa students write on student room haha,
then i think im going to risk it, just working on my personal statement now
im actually getting somewhere, quoting a book im currently reading as you adviced
not the quoting but the reading off course :smile:

S'all about the personal statement.

Law and society, and all that.
Reply 14
Original post by tehforum
S'all about the personal statement.

Law and society, and all that.

i remember reading your ps it was amazing.

Mines far from it i've got too much ec and im not sure what to do about it got 2 paragraphs on extra school stuff like school prefect facualty prefect, combined cadet force etc :/

Quick Reply

Latest