The Student Room Group

London 2012 Retail Job Interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
what number did you call them on?
Reply 161
I called up today and they said they have received a lot of accrditations back and they're going through them now. We should hear from there tomorrow.
Fingers crossed now. :smile:
You can call them on 0207 2476966
Hi i recieved an email saying that they offer me a conditional offer based on references and accreditation with the subject titles 'Good News..' did anyone else recieve this email which also had a link to a survey about where you would like to work? Im getting confused because i thought that they had already asked about where i wanted to work and what days i was available.
Reply 163
Yeah, I received that email today. I filled it in and await confirmation on where I am going to work. It has been a long 6 month wait but finally it seems I have the job :biggrin:.
I've put the olympic park as first as I live very close to it :smile:
Yehh finally! got the job just waiting to see which store im gonna be assigned to :smile:
Reply 165
Got the email too...as I live minutes away from the Olympic Park I just put that down as the first choice. Hopefully this means that I've got a job :smile:
Reply 166
Hey, I also passed the assessment centre in January too and still not heard back from them. I've called manpower today and they said they are still waiting for my accreditation. They said deadline is tommorow BUT i should hear back from next week Wednesday Latest??? Really confused.
anyone heard back about a training day? Got my email yesterday :smile:
Reply 168
I didn't get this email everyone is talking about :frown:
This is upsetting
You have to be really persistant if you havent heard back from them yet, make sure u call the Manpower people to ask and then call accreditation people on the number given on previouse page (030..) to make sure everything has been sent
Reply 170
I just rang the accreditation line and they said they haven't received my details. They then told me to call manpower but when I rang they never picked up the phone.
Reply 171
Original post by Rainbow_2010
Hi i recieved an email saying that they offer me a conditional offer based on references and accreditation with the subject titles 'Good News..' did anyone else recieve this email which also had a link to a survey about where you would like to work? Im getting confused because i thought that they had already asked about where i wanted to work and what days i was available.

Yep, just fill in the survey, everyone (should have) got that email.
Reply 172
Try tomorrow as they're closed now, but hopefully they will be sending out e-mails tomorrow...
Reply 173
Original post by nanesha
Try tomorrow as they're closed now, but hopefully they will be sending out e-mails tomorrow...

Hopefully. It seems that you are in the same situation as the people that deal with accreditation haven't received my details yet over 5 months!!!!
Reply 174
Original post by Mo121
Hopefully. It seems that you are in the same situation as the people that deal with accreditation haven't received my details yet over 5 months!!!!

It's incredibly frustrating as I've applied ages ago. Had I known that this was going to happen I would have applied for other summer jobs. I'm really gutted as this would be my first job and it sounds like such a fun experience.
Reply 175
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: Recieved an email from them stating that I havent got the job. This is so unfair. Waiting since January thinking that I have gotten the job.
Reply 176
Six months wasted on waiting and checking my
Emails each day. I hope they're proud of themselves..

"Dear applicant,
Thank you for your interest in a temporary assignment with Manpower and The Retail People.
Unfortunately, due to changes in our client’s scheduling plans, which will limit the number of workers at each retail outlet at the Olympic and Paralympic venues, we are unable to offer you a position with The Retail People this summer.
We would however like to share with you some other opportunities to be a part of this summer’s event and have attached a selection of alternative roles below for your information."

Gee thanks Manpower. Thanks a bloody lot
Reply 177
we have to have some sort of rights because they sent a confirmation email and we signed forms :angry:
Original post by hilaryOx
Six months wasted on waiting and checking my
Emails each day. I hope they're proud of themselves..

"Dear applicant,
Thank you for your interest in a temporary assignment with Manpower and The Retail People.
Unfortunately, due to changes in our client’s scheduling plans, which will limit the number of workers at each retail outlet at the Olympic and Paralympic venues, we are unable to offer you a position with The Retail People this summer.
We would however like to share with you some other opportunities to be a part of this summer’s event and have attached a selection of alternative roles below for your information."

Gee thanks Manpower. Thanks a bloody lot

Got the same email!

Original post by Thatguy1
we have to have some sort of rights because they sent a confirmation email and we signed forms :angry:

This is exactly what I'm thinking. This can't be legal. They said I passed the assessment back in the beginning of December, so I've waiting 8 months for them to tell me this. I could have sent my CV out to many other companies. We got screwed over guys. Is there any way we can take legal action?
Arghhhhhhh!!! I just got an email saying I didn't get the jobb!!! After all of that! I'm sooo angryyy!! They should get sueddd!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending