The Student Room Group

Where can I get 'preppy'-looking clothes from?

I know that 'preppy' is not really a clothing style but more of a lifestyle, but the stereotype is linked to a certain 'fashion-style'. Which shops in the UK can I get these clothes from? I'm trying to get more of a range so please give other options to Jack Wills, Abercrombie, Superdry etc.
If your a girl (apologies if your not!) you should check out Gilly Hicks. The clothes are beautiful and not many girls wear the brand as *at the moment!* its relativity unheard of as theres only 2 stores in the UK.
Reply 2
Anywhere really, you just need to style it in a preppy way.
I like American Apparel because their quality is good. Lots of high street stores are fine, but I'd say you should stick to plain simple clothing and striped t-shirts, collars etc.
Old Navy! Okay, it's American... but still!
Shops I would recommend are;
- Jack Wills
- Zara
- Hobbs
- Hollister
- H&M (you can find odd bits like cardigans, blazers, shirts ect in here good staple items)
-Abercrombie
- GAP
- Ralph Lauren
- Accessorize (for cute headbands & clips ect)
- Gilly Hicks
- Aubin & Wills
- Brooks Brothers
- Joules
hope this helped :smile:

also sign up for as many company magazines as possible e.g. joules they put together outfits ect and you can get inspiration but remember always be yourself, add a touch of you too the outfits instead of making yourself look like a clone (be esp. careful in this which clothes from hollister, jack wills ect)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Paul Smith (selfridges)
Cordings (internet or london)
Ralph Lauren (selfridges)
Abercrombie & Fitch (internet or london)
Aubin & Wills (selfridges)

Most brands have 'preppy' clothes. It mostly depends how you wear them

Quick Reply

Latest