The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Official firmer's thread - 2012

Hello!

As the offers have slowly started to roll in, the admissions thread might not be the place you want to chat anymore. So here we have, the firmer's thread! All offer holders welcome here, but primarily for those thinking of firming LSE.

Well done all!

:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by joshgoldman
Hello!

As the offers have slowly started to roll in, the admissions thread might not be the place you want to chat anymore. So here we have, the firmer's thread! All offer holders welcome here, but primarily for those thinking of firming LSE.

Well done all!

:biggrin:

Woot! Yay for LSE firmers. Also, (Y) to Passfield. I know you'd have to share a room but have you seen the size of the shared rooms!?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by malvika111
Woot! Yay for LSE firmers. Also, (Y) to Passfield. I know you'd have to share a room but have you seen the size of the shared rooms!?

Yeah they look amazing! Passfield may as well be a UCL hall though, it's right next door. I wish some of the LSE halls looked moderately nice..
Reply 3
Hi guys,
What does everyone think of the intercollegiate halls?
how difficult is to actually get an en-suite room?

Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by Alpha5
Hi guys,
What does everyone think of the intercollegiate halls?
how difficult is to actually get an en-suite room?

Thanks

I wouldn't imagine that it'd be too hard to get en-suite, if you apply for it, as you're paying more for it anyway, and not everyone would be willing to do that.
Intercollegiate halls; they look nice to me, especially College hall, although some people tend to say it's better to just be in a hall with your own lot.
In on first page :cool: So what's everyones accomodation plans? I can choose to share or not. I mean the extra $$ for shopping and food sounds appealing but will my all nighters get along with my room mate :colone:
I wouldn't imagine that it'd be too hard to get en-suite, if you apply for it, as you're paying more for it anyway, and not everyone would be willing to do that.
Intercollegiate halls; they look nice to me, especially College hall, although some people tend to say it's better to just be in a hall with your own lot.

Hey fellow stats applicant. I was looking at the stats and finance options, looks pretty attractive. If I was to transfer courses it'd be to that or Maths and Econ. What sold you to S&F?
Good luck with your applications. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by iscreamforicecream
Good luck with your applications. :smile:

I think you're in the wrong thread :biggrin:
Original post by Victor-PP
I think you're in the wrong thread :biggrin:

lol sorry, misread the title!
Reply 10
What is the closest hall after HH to the main campus?
Reply 11

wasssup guyths!

firmed on an offer for International Relations. any internatinal students from hong kong?

oh and how about the girls and halls... and parties... of course. :wink:
Original post by Dat Guy
What is the closest hall after HH to the main campus?

Closest LSE one is either Passfield or Bankside - they're both about a 20 minutes' walk
Reply 13
Original post by TheUltimateProof
Hey fellow stats applicant. I was looking at the stats and finance options, looks pretty attractive. If I was to transfer courses it'd be to that or Maths and Econ. What sold you to S&F?

Yeah looks pretty good. What have you applied for? I'm not actually sure what made me go for it. My academics aren't brilliant so I wanted a course that wasn't SO competitive. I like stats in school, the modules for the course look good too. I like the idea of finance modules too. I'm not even sure if it the right course for me, I just preferred it to business maths and stats. I went to UCL's offer day for SEF and it actually totally put me off stats, but we shall see I guess!
Original post by agustinhk
wasssup guyths!

firmed on an offer for International Relations. any internatinal students from hong kong?

You're Asian and into girls/parties? Something's wrong :eek: What will your parents think of you?

Spoiler

Reply 15
Actuarial Science, I opt for the lesser competitive course too :P
There is a good transfer process where you can move to a wide range of courses because the first year modules are all the same. I know I'm likely to try transfer.

I'm probably going to firm my Accounting and Finance offer, but seeing as the first year modules are the same as most others courses, for instance economics, ect. How difficult do you think it is to transfer if I decided I prefered another subject?
What other subjects can I actually go for once im on A&F?

Thanks
Reply 16
Actuarial Science, I opt for the lesser competitive course too :P
There is a good transfer process where you can move to a wide range of courses because the first year modules are all the same. I know I'm likely to try transfer.

What's your reasoning for that? I was actually considering the swap the other way! Yeah, the website makes it sound like you can easily switch for second year. Is it just between the 3 Stats courses?
Original post by Alpha5
I'm probably going to firm my Accounting and Finance offer, but seeing as the first year modules are the same as most others courses, for instance economics, ect. How difficult do you think it is to transfer if I decided I prefered another subject?
What other subjects can I actually go for once im on A&F?

Thanks

Not too sure, but there will be a requirement on your end of first year grade
ok guys just got an offer from LSE for L101, I have absolutely no idea what accomodation/ food/ night life/ academic life/ social life/ life in general is like... and how is it compared with say... like cambridge or UCL (I went there for a compulsory open day, I was not impressed to say the least)

anyhow, quote me in any comments please, that'd be appreciated :P
Original post by agustinhk
wasssup guyths!

yup Im from Hong Kong, you studying in hk atm??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending