The Student Room Group

What percentage of British people hold a Full UK driving license?

I feel as though holding a full driving UK license is something to be proud of so the lower the percentage of people who hold a license means the prouder I am to have mine but the higher the amount of people have one makes it seems as though it is not a big issue :biggrin:
In 2005, 15.2 million women and 18.1 million men in Great Britain held a full car driving licence.

which equates to 33.3million of a population of 65million give or take, and 2001 demograph showing 18% of population below 14,around 11million then, plus say 2 million 14-17. that leave 33million of a 52million driving age population.
around 63% of the population of legal age hold a full driving licence.

this is all estimation give or take a few but thats basically your figures from what i can find.

hope this answers your question.

the real question should be what percentage of uk people can actually drive safely and correctly, this seems to be nearer 2%.
Reply 2
I have my doubts about the statistics above ^^

Though a better question would be how many actually own a vehicle, I know quite a few with licence that don't drive.
Reply 3
Most people above 18 hold a licence, at least most ppl I meet do..
what about people who have a full bike and car license :smug:
Oddly, most people at Kent uni Medway campus have a licence, but few people I met at RHUL have one. However I know few people over 30 who can't drive.

Anyway this website has some stats http://www.shell-livewire.org/network/Richard.curran/blog/53311/
Reply 6
Original post by Boristhethird
what about people who have a full bike and car license :smug:

Nothing
1 out of 3 of my closest friends hold a Full UK Driving Licence... I also hold a Full UK Licence.
Reply 8
Depends where you live, I imagine in london, where it's not worth driving it's pretty low. But out in the countryside where it's the only way to get around, you kind of need to drive.
Reply 9
Original post by Megaross
Depends where you live, I imagine in london, where it's not worth driving it's pretty low. But out in the countryside where it's the only way to get around, you kind of need to drive.

Most people in London will have a license, but not necessarily own a car.

Obviously depends a lot on the post-code like most things in London.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending