The Student Room Group

TSR Biology Society

Scroll to see replies

Ralfskini
Yes, definitely! Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. We need to think of a way to involve people of differing abilities, so people who may only have studied biology to GCSE can take part (this may not be possible). Also, we have to ensure that people can't just google all the answers which could be a problem.

In response to firebladez777: it all depends on when people are available and whether enough people show an interest.

And it needn't even be a quiz- biological blockbusters is a fine game.

Hmm, I think google is something it'll be hard to get round... Drat. Having said that, if we could use questions that you wouldn't normally encounter but which use the same basic biological knowledge everyone should have from GCSE (sort of a la Oxbridge interview questions) that might work... I'll have a think.

Biological blockbusters?! :biggrin:
MadNatSci
Hmm, I think google is something it'll be hard to get round... Drat. Having said that, if we could use questions that you wouldn't normally encounter but which use the same basic biological knowledge everyone should have from GCSE (sort of a la Oxbridge interview questions) that might work... I'll have a think.

Biological blockbusters?! :biggrin:

Yes, questions a la oxbridge interview would be good in terms of preventing people frrom googling although they tend to require extended answers (i.e. more than just 'photosynthesis', etc) and some of them don't even have real answers!

Oh, and we played biological blockbusters at school ( biology 'fun' lesson kind of thing) and it was actually really good, although some of the questions were fairly random (which H is a smiling apple?.... a happle?!).
i think some of the olympiad style questions (multiple choice/match the letters normally) would be good - lots of them wiould be very harrd to google as you would have to read pages of stuff and then work out the Q yourself.

there are some sample ones on www.iob.org.uk i think these have the answers with them too, but ill look and see if I have any not-on-the-net past papers left

rosie
crana
i think some of the olympiad style questions (multiple choice/match the letters normally) would be good - lots of them wiould be very harrd to google as you would have to read pages of stuff and then work out the Q yourself.

there are some sample ones on www.iob.org.uk i think these have the answers with them too, but ill look and see if I have any not-on-the-net past papers left

rosie

Olympiad questions would be good but we can't use just olympiad quesions as they are fairly challenging.
Ralfskini
Olympiad questions would be good but we can't use just olympiad quesions as they are fairly challenging.

i said style you silly boy. you can tinker with the questions to make them easier :smile: and use them for inspiration!
Reply 185
i thinka quiz would be good...is it like initiation or just for fun?
Reply 186
we could all go into a chat room at a specific time
Reply 187
Aloha, can I join?
Reply 188
hello!! can i join? hehe :biggrin:
Hi, i just finished biol AS and i'm doing it for A2, can i join? :smile:
Reply 190
can i join as well?? :biggrin:
Reply 191
hi im new here so hey to everybody! Is it OK if i join this Biology Society am doing A level Biology this year?
Reply 192
Can I join too? I'll be studying Biology at University in September.
Reply 193
hi, I've just finished AS biology and am now doing A2, can I join please :smile: ?
Reply 194
Hello all

I'm going to be studying medicine from 2005. Can I join?
Reply 195
Sorry this took so long. New members:

ƒlå®è®
tiger_babe
McGeadie
*adi*
lil_crazyflakes
Saf!
Seth
Asmidiske
Gio
visesh
Purple_Dreamer

To keep the thread going:

Question: What parts of biology do you love/hate and why?
Reply 196
LS.

To keep the thread going:

Question: What parts of biology do you love/hate and why?

LOVED the nervous system and genetics. that's the bit of biology i'm gonna miss learning. if i had to do a bio degree i'd do a module in physiology...module 4 biology rocked!
Reply 197
visesh
Hello all

I'm going to be studying medicine from 2005. Can I join?

Congratulations!!
what uni are you going to? :smile:
Reply 198
I like the zoological part, human internal mechanism, a bit of microbiology and cellular biology

don't like the ecology bit, Im not good at it, always get confused :mad:
Reply 199
Gio
I like the zoological part, human internal mechanism, a bit of microbiology and cellular biology

don't like the ecology bit, Im not good at it, always get confused :mad:

i found ecology very very dry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending