Is my personal statement good?

Hi,

I have already sent my UCAS on 7th October 2011. I applied:

LSE
Oxford
UCL
Warwick
King's

I have been rejected from Oxford (straight rejection) and rejected from Warwick a couple of days ago. I just like a subjective response to my personal statement and would like to know what you really think of it.

Would I stand a good chance at UCL/LSE/King's still?

Thank you, please quote me :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Remove that now... just in case.

You don't want to get in trouble.
Original post by Kevin Wu
Hi,

I have already sent my UCAS on 7th October 2011. I applied:

LSE
Oxford
UCL
Warwick
King's

I have been rejected from Oxford (straight rejection) and rejected from Warwick a couple of days ago. I just like a subjective response to my personal statement and would like to know what you really think of it.

Would I stand a good chance at UCL/LSE/King's still?

Thank you, please quote me :smile:

Putting your statement up on a freely accessible part of the internet before you've finished with it is rather silly as people could easily copy parts or all of it. I've removed the link to it in your post.

There's really no point giving you any feedback on it at this stage, it won't change anything. Your best bet would be to ask the unis that rejected you for feedback.
Original post by Kevin Wu
Hi... ...please quote me

I don't think the Plato quote did you any good at all. I don't study law, but isn't that the most generic thing possible that a law student could do in their application?

Also the thing about knowing other languages... again I don't study law, but what does those languages have to do with law exactly?
You really don't need to explain who Plato is, additionally it is not recommended to begin with a quote (or at least one so impersonal). Similarly saying that you have wanted this since you were 15 is unoriginal, you repeat words -eg intriguing and you name drop things -work experience, books, without saying anything interesting about them. It's better to discuss one thing in detail than just to list things.
Reply 5
Original post by Andrejispanickin
I don't think the Plato quote did you any good at all. I don't study law, but isn't that the most generic thing possible that a law student could do in their application?

Also the thing about knowing other languages... again I don't study law, but what does those languages have to do with law exactly?

I agree.

I think the general consenus is that a quote is 99% of the time, bad.

Latest

Trending

Trending