The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
just to confirm a-levels are very important, i am doing the lpc have a llb law 2.1 llm and loads of extra stuff but bad a-levels and i am getting rejection and after rejection, it very hard to keep motivated like this, finding it near impossible to revise for the exams at the moment, :frown:
Reply 21
Blondie22
just to confirm a-levels are very important, i am doing the lpc have a llb law 2.1 llm and loads of extra stuff but bad a-levels and i am getting rejection and after rejection, it very hard to keep motivated like this, finding it near impossible to revise for the exams at the moment, :frown:

What university did you go to?
Reply 22
yes id agree with the alevel point...... at the end of the day if the choice is between candidate x and candidate y and their academics at uni etc are similar then a level grades are going to come into play.
Reply 23
i went to uea, i got in cos i spent a year at a different uni , did well at this and used it to get in, i also had a lot of a's at gcse, i changed sixth forms and it was really bad, wish i had left after a year but struggled on!
i did get into a vac scheme at a big national firm last summer, but unfortunatlydidnt get the tc, but at least it shows i can get something, but just not getting anything at the moment confused: :confused:
Reply 24
I noticed your alevels in a different thread, what subjects did you do? Would you be able to quickly revise the course and enter yourself into the summer exams?
Reply 25
kirstinx
I noticed your alevels in a different thread, what subjects did you do? Would you be able to quickly revise the course and enter yourself into the summer exams?

was that meant for me?
pianist
Sorry, I'd like to ask another question, what happens if you applied to do a CPE and you couldn't get a place? Is this a common thing to happen? Do they take students to do the CPE course readily, or is it very competitive?

I think this will depend a lot on the university. Some probably fill up in the first round of applications, while others will struggle to find enough students to fill the places - my course certainly isn't full.
Reply 27
dragon_1706
I think this will depend a lot on the university. Some probably fill up in the first round of applications, while others will struggle to find enough students to fill the places - my course certainly isn't full.

And the natural quesiton is, which university are you studying at? :p:
pianist
And the natural quesiton is, which university are you studying at? :p:

Sorry, I meant to say that! Glamorgan.

Latest

Trending

Trending