The Student Room Group

NEED ADVICE URGENTLY:A level maths and phsics

so basically i love physics now at gcse, i only do double science and last year i got an A overall this year im hoping to get an A or maybe A* but i dont know if im going to struggle at A level. and if i do phycics i know that doing A level maths will really help but i dont know if im smart enough, im heading for an A in GCSE maths. i need to make a decion by tusday so please help me. sorry about the spelling:colondollar:
Only 1 person in my Physics is not doing maths. I'd say that you could get by without doing maths but you'd be disadvantaged as some topics crossover from mechanics. If you really hate Maths then don't do it just because you're doing physics as you may struggle.
Physics is hard. Maths is hard. Do them both.
And of course your smart enough just put the time in. :smile:<3<3
Reply 3
1) If you pick physics do maths. This is very important.

2) Neither are impossible so long as you put the time and effort in to understand the concepts and, more importantly, practice. I do these two subjects along with chemistry and biology and I would say the last two are more difficult than the former.

:smile:
Reply 4
I did dual award science and managed to 99% overall for the physics element. About half of my class did maths (or at least, this was true in the second year. Our maths department loved to encourage people to leave the course).

I'm studying maths this year (just done my C1/C2, which is the first of a total of 4 core units, followed by 2 speciality units, such as mechanics/statistics, etc). Overall the overlap between physics and maths wasn't too large. They do share similar techniques, but only one chapter of the maths comes to mind when it came to my physics.

Should you not do maths? That's for you to decide. Doing maths will set you up well for the future, and it will definitely give you a firmer footing when it comes to the physics. Doing maths with mechanics would be ideal as the mechanics part pretty much is physics. The maths side of physics at least... Not so much the theoretics. But I don't think that you need it. You'll be taught all of the techniques in physics that you need.

It's not essential, but it would be very wise to.
Reply 5
thank you all so so so much really helped, i pivked both maths and physics:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending