The Student Room Group

Would you date a tall girl? swear I'll be alone forever :(

Im a girl and im 5ft11 which I HATE. I detest being this tall I wish i was 5ft2/3 and could wear heels, but im not. I cant do anything about my height, I try to make it less obvious I stoop really badly which isint attractive I know, I cover up my legs to try make them look shorter but I cant. I just dont think guys go for me becuase of my height, they think im some freak as Im so tall.
I feel really ugly :frown: im a size 6 aswell so I just look lanky, Ive got long red wavy hair, which I dont know whether havig long hair makes me look worse :frown:

Im just feeling really **** about my height I am so self conscience but I cant fix it :frown: would anyboys date me if I was this height or would you all run a mile

Scroll to see replies

tall guys go for short and tall girls
I doubt your at all ugly,prob very pretty,dont hide your hight,so many want to be tall, as for hair,hairs hair,
you got any pics?if you dont wanna show them you can pm them but i really think things are much much better than you think
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
So, you sound like a model.. Chill your beans girl :tongue:

My friend is over 6ft and is able to pull whenever she wants to. She also wears heels most of the time. I think you need to learn to be comfortable in your height. Learn to be graceful and confident with it and men will find that attractive :smile: Stooping and covering yourself up is a bad idea, doing that will only attract the kind of men that like the really insecure/quiet/submissive types, and they are the men to avoid..
Reply 3
Original post by alawhisp
So, you sound like a model.. Chill your beans girl :tongue:

My friend is over 6ft and is able to pull whenever she wants to. She also wears heels most of the time. I think you need to learn to be comfortable in your height. Learn to be graceful and confident with it and men will find that attractive :smile: Stooping and covering yourself up is a bad idea, doing that will only attract the kind of men that like the really insecure/quiet/submissive types, and they are the men to avoid..

Too true. :smile: I don't think I'm the first one to observe that all women have body insecurities about something. It's often the case that they want to be the opposite of what they are when, in reality, all forms are beautiful.

So think about what's great about being tall. For example, you're bound to have amazing long legs.
Reply 4
Bet most wish to be your height! Beside don't dampen yourself, only get one go and make the most of it!

If you wish your hair was slightly different, do something about it! :smile:

What ever you do, don't do it for others, do it for yourself. :smile:
Reply 5
I don't really see what the problem is here, 5'11" is an excellent height for a girl.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Im a girl and im 5ft11 which I HATE. I detest being this tall I wish i was 5ft2/3 and could wear heels, but im not. I cant do anything about my height, I try to make it less obvious I stoop really badly which isint attractive I know, I cover up my legs to try make them look shorter but I cant. I just dont think guys go for me becuase of my height, they think im some freak as Im so tall.
I feel really ugly :frown: im a size 6 aswell so I just look lanky, Ive got long red wavy hair, which I dont know whether havig long hair makes me look worse :frown:

Im just feeling really **** about my height I am so self conscience but I cant fix it :frown: would anyboys date me if I was this height or would you all run a mile

yes, of course, you need to go for taller men, Im 6"2 so would date a girl of your size, I dont see the problem, taller girls are often more elegant so carry it well gurl!
Same height as me, perfect height for kissing lol
Reply 8
Let's just say, she'd have to be really really hot.
Reply 9
Im the same height as you and I've never had problems with guys.. in fact many approach me because of my height (they say so). Of course, there will always be shorter guys or even taller guys who wont like you, but that can happen to every girl, not just you.
What you need to change is your attitude, be more confident, be proud of your height and dont try to look "shorter" because you just cant. Embrace your height girl!
There are a lot of girls out there who wish they could be like you..haven't you seen how many topics there are made by shorter girls?
By the sound of things I'd be tapping you....
op send a link to of a pic of you were very intrigued
Original post by Anonymous

I wouldn't have an issue dating a tall girl, and I think it can be very attractive.
You don't need to 'fix' your height, because being that tall for a girl is sexy, especially your long legs :wink:
Reply 14
Hey! Another 5ft11 girl here!

I know, it sucks not being able to wear heels without towering over most guys, and I know it does limit your choice of guys if you don't want to feel unelegant next to them. I'm living in Japan at the moment, and I can't even buy clothes!!

However, I've never had a problem getting guys, and most girls say they envy me. To be a model you have to be 5ft10 minimum, and if you're that tall, you probably have really nice long legs, which guys love and girls envy. And you don't see models looking insecure about their height now, do you!

If you feel like you stick out because you're a head taller than everyone else, stand up even straighter and be confident. It makes all the difference.
Reply 15
There's nothing wrong with your height. It is better than being a midget!
I'm 5'11 too, with long wavy red hair :wink: I'm not a size 6 though (more of a 10/12), and honestly, I wouldn't change my height for the world, nor my hair colour for that matter. I don't own a pair of heels that are below 4 inches and I have a pretty varied collection!! I don't give a crap what people think when I go out in my heels, they make me feel good and nothing else really matters! I've never had a negative comment about my height or my footwear, and in general people are quite complimentary.. I've been modeling since 2007 and have made a fairly decent success of it, as well as my studies at uni. Far from holding me back, it's been an asset to my life.

I feel bad that some women dispair at what they've been blessed with. It only puts you at a disadvantage if you tell yourself it does.. Your stooping and self-consciousness is what may come across as unflattering, not your height! Pull that head up and flaunt it, girl! xx
As a tall guy about 6ft4 i prefer taller girls , short girls just make tall or even normal height guys look weird, i would like to know where all you tall girls are hiding too. haha

So cheer up you sound beautiful :smile:
Reply 18
I'm 5'11" too like you and I used to hate my height! But now, I embrace it because being tall is a good thing :smile: and as for not being able to wear heels; think of it as being lucky not needing them because you have the height other girls are aspiring to be by putting them on! Also, if you want to wear them, wear them it'll just boost your attractiveness.

By the sounds of it, you sounds gorgeous so you really probably have nothing to worry about when it comes to men! Long legs are gooood :wink:
Reply 19
I love tall girls, I wish more girls were taller!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending