The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust Summer School 2012

Scroll to see replies

If anybody is going to nottingham on sunday, What time do we have to be there? Cant find anything that tells me?
Reply 1381
Just got back from the summer school at Bristol Uni, was sooooo good
Original post by fullmoonani
same, i havent received it yet, just emailed to ask.. hopefully get a reply soon

not even got my train ticket yet :s-smilie:

Exactly I was getting worried!! :s-smilie:
Original post by Richyp22
If anybody is going to nottingham on sunday, What time do we have to be there? Cant find anything that tells me?

You have to be there between 12.00 and 1.30, though if you are getting a coach or train, student ambassadors will meet you at the stations at 11.15 to take you to the uni :')
btw

don't bother for Cambridge law summer school if you have 7A*s or below.

I got rejected with 7A*s 4As last year

edit I see everyone has already got their decisions
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Jodie_668
You have to be there between 12.00 and 1.30, though if you are getting a coach or train, student ambassadors will meet you at the stations at 11.15 to take you to the uni :')

Thanks :smile: eurr.. so unorganised, Didnt realise I had to bring Smart clothes and swimming stuff(Optional)
Original post by Richyp22
Thanks :smile: eurr.. so unorganised, Didnt realise I had to bring Smart clothes and swimming stuff(Optional)

haha :smile: well at least you've remembered now rather than just realising halfway through the week!
Original post by tehforum
btw

don't bother for Cambridge law summer school if you have 7A*s or below.

I got rejected with 7A*s 4As last year

edit I see everyone has already got their decisions

As annoying as this is, it's probably true. I was the only person who got in from my school, and surprise surprise, I got 10 A*s, whereas other people didn't. Seems like a waste of time to base it on that because of how unimportant GCSEs are to actually applying, but then again they probably don't have many other indicators to base a decision on.
Reply 1388
Are there any reserves on here who've been lucky in getting a place and did you get an email/phonecall or letter?

Really really want a place :'/

Have fun though guys !
Reply 1389
Email just received for Cambridge summer school, intended for those travelling on the 22nd:

Hi all,

Quite a few of you have been in touch today to say that you’re still waiting for your train tickets. They are on their way to you, so please don’t panic if you haven’t yet received them. We’re able to sort them for you right up to the last moment, even if this is Saturday morning!

To make it easier for you to plan for Sunday and returning on Thursday, I’m circulating by email the information on your tickets that you’ll also receive by post. There are four documents attached to this email, which repeat some of the same information. There’s lots of numbers and names, but you just need to find your name on the list and work your way through the departure times. The attachments are:

1) Reading your Travel Guide. This explains the information given in the other three documents and also talks about travelling through London for those of you who need to change in London.

2) 22-26 Train Travel Summary (by station). This includes your arrival and departure times for both your journey to and from Cambridge, ordered by station to make it easy to see if anyone else is taking the full route with you. If you’ve given permission to share your email address, this will also be included; if there’s someone else travelling on the same train, please feel free to get in touch with them to arrange to meet up. We’ve included with your tickets a Summer School label, which you can use to identify yourselves on trains, if you like!

3) 22 July Train Travel Routes to Cambridge. This gives your full route, including any changes. For many of you, you’ll meet up with other participants as you get closer to Cambridge (for example, lots of people change onto the 1418 train from Peterborough).

4) 26 July Train Travel Routes back from Cambridge. As above, but for the way home.

Hopefully your tickets will arrive in the next two days, but please don’t panic if they haven’t done yet. If I can help at all in the meantime, just let me know.
(edited 11 years ago)
Damn, looks like i'm the only one travelling from Birmingham New Street station - on the upside, however, I don't have to make any changes, getting there and back. :woo:

Edit: If you've received the email, my post will have more or less divulged my identity. Damn - no more anonymity for me then. Oh and feel free to email me if you're coming on the 22nd - 26th week. It would be nice to get to know a few familiar faces before I start. :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey to all going to Cambridge tomorrow!
Did everyone receive their sticker? I haven't got mine damn it :L
Original post by the_ravster
Hey to all going to Cambridge tomorrow!
Did everyone receive their sticker? I haven't got mine damn it :L

Me neither. :frown:
Hey guys, those of you who are going to Cambridge 13-17 August, have you received train tickets yet because I'm concerned that I haven't received mine.

Thanks people.
Reply 1394
Original post by thinking...
Hey guys, those of you who are going to Cambridge 13-17 August, have you received train tickets yet because I'm concerned that I haven't received mine.

Thanks people.

I haven't received mine either.

Thanks people.

Nope. It's still a little early yet though. Can't believe it's less than 3 weeks away though! :woo:

Thanks people.

Nope, not yet :smile:
phew, i was worried. i'm soo excited, a bit annoyed that we'll be away for results day though but i probably should have thought of that before i picked those dates.
phew, i was worried. i'm soo excited, a bit annoyed that we'll be away for results day though but i probably should have thought of that before i picked those dates.

I don't think you had a choice tbh, I'm pretty sure at Cambridge only timetable a subject once, and your subject happen to be when it is.

I agree with you about results day though. What do you think you'll do about it, just wait till you get home, call your school to get them, or...? I can imagine it's gonna be a massive scramble to get hold of them that day, everyone being paranoid and all xD
nah i'm gonna wait till i get back so my mum can see them at the same time as me and we can celebrate and stuff

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending