The Student Room Group

Female Masturbation - girls only please

Girls

I'm 17 and for the last few years have gotten into the habit of masturbating first thing when I wake up and last thing at night pretty much everyday. If I'm not in school during the day, it wouldn't be unusual for me to do it a few more times in between as well if I'm at home.

This isn't a subject my friends and I are comfortable discussing in any detail so I'd just like to know from other girls if this is normal or if it seems excessive? I get the impression that it's quite a lot which makes me worried. It's not like I always have to orgasm (though I usually do), it's just something I find comforting and relaxing.

What does everyone else think is normal?
This is totally normal and I used to do the same before and after school/college/work, morning and evening (and sometimes between)
Not so much now since I'm at uni and my routine is different so its sort of as and when.... but its still at least once a day on average.
Reply 2
Completely normal :smile:
Reply 3
Totally normal! Everyone is different and so everyone will do it in varying amounts and at different times.

I totally agree with you saying its a comfort and relaxation thing! If I have a stressfull day I will do the same thing. That is just your way of relaxing after a busy day and dealing with the stress of every day life. :smile:
Reply 4
Yeh its normal, its only if it starts making you feel uncomfortable or starts affecting your day that you need to worry :smile:
Reply 5
Sounds normal to me, as long as you're not obsessed with masturbating and it's not affecting your life in a negative way I don't see it as something to be concerned about anyway :smile:
Reply 6
Sounds normal! I was the same when I was at school. I tended to do it more when I was feeling stressed so exam time was rather interesting. Seriously though you have nothing to worry about!
(edited 12 years ago)
I think it's less normal for women than men, as in a big proportion don't do it. But there's no reason why they shouldn't, to be honest they're missing out because it helps you understand your body when you're doing stuff with guys.
this is totally sickening and abnormal and you can guarantee there are no other girls in the whole world that do the same as you, go see a doctor you sick pervert
Reply 9
Totally normal.
Its perfectly normal, we're all different in the sense that all people vary in their sex drives, so while some people may only masturbate a few times a week or less, others might do so more than once a day. I wouldn't worry about it :smile:
Female masturbation is still a bit of a stigma (even though it's less now) making it uncomfortable for many people to talk about. Everyone will vary how often they masturbate or even if they masturbate at all but it's all normal. You may think it's not so normal simply due to girls often not being so open about it but it doesn't mean people aren't doing it as often as you.
Original post by sperm is bad
this is totally sickening and abnormal and you can guarantee there are no other girls in the whole world that do the same as you, go see a doctor you sick pervert

damn thought id get way more negs than 6 for that post, you bunch of ********s :biggrin:
Original post by Clumsy_Chemist
I think it's less normal for women than men, as in a big proportion don't do it. But there's no reason why they shouldn't, to be honest they're missing out because it helps you understand your body when you're doing stuff with guys.

I think a lot of it is that women don't tend to admit, especially when their younger... Usually once you hit your twenties women seem to be a bit more relaxed and open about it (mainly because we have needs too!)

Original post by sperm is bad

Oh dear... :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest