The Student Room Group

The Revamped TSR Asperger's Society!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Being asked if I want an assessment referral by my GP. I've suspected it for years and my boyfriend and my family similar stuff, part of me just wants to know but it's just scary. I have the form but it's all based on how it affects guys and I'm a girl. Ideas? :s-smilie:

How do you mean it's about how it affects? What are you asking?
How do you mean it's about how it affects? What are you asking?

Sorry I put that badly. I guess I'm mostly asking if people think it's worth going for a diagnosis or not. I always thought i wanted to know why I'm different but it all feels big and scary
Sorry I put that badly. I guess I'm mostly asking if people think it's worth going for a diagnosis or not. I always thought i wanted to know why I'm different but it all feels big and scary

I'd say so, definitely. It gives you a frame of reference to work with. If you want more of a feeling of certainty try this, it's one of the questionnaires I was given before getting my assessment.
I'd say so, definitely. It gives you a frame of reference to work with. If you want more of a feeling of certainty try this, it's one of the questionnaires I was given before getting my assessment.

Thank you, I will do that. I will probably end up going for it but it just is scary thinking about finally knowing, even if I know it would also be a relief
How do people cope with sub-par support and faculty throwing you off?

At the moment I'm attempting to complete the plan for my Disertation. We were supposed to have arranged a Supervisor for a week ago.

I have contacted 7 staff and been declined by all 7. The issue is that my department adopts a first come, first served policy rather than providing a list.

Anyway, I'm becoming concerned that i'm not going to have a Supervisor arranged by next week. I did contact the Module Organiser and was directed to my advisor, who couldn't do anything of course.

It's hard not to feel slighted over this. I'm really stressing out right now, I don't know what to do! I need to get this sorted out and I don't see the faculty as caring!

Quick Reply

Latest