The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This 2nd year is not going brillantly. I've not been going to my lectures or handing in assignments due to personal things going on with me :frown:

But I just decided that I need to take time out for myself and time to decide where I'm headed and to start afresh; so I'm gonna re-take my second year :yep: just so I can start all over because I've seriously flopped this year. Its gonna be difficult doe with my uni's rules and regulations and so on but I'm gonna do whatever I can because I just can't take it anymore and its having a serious negative effect on me :sigh: :sadnod:

But I've started doing something about it so things are heading in the right direction :yep:
Got a burst of energy so I'm trying to get loads of stuff done :yy: Going to skip my seminar (naughty) as I have a headache and if I go, it'll get worse and I'll be useless at cheer training tonight; plus I can use this time wisely to get the majority of my revision tips assignment done (I want 7 tips done and referenced by Sunday, I've got 4 fully written and referenced and the outlines of two more so I only have to think of one original one and get some research to support). Before Easter as well I want to know which research report I'm doing so I can write the introduction and methods to that whilst I'm at home - my friend has very kindly offered to help me with the stats side of it and we're going to spend some time in the mac lab with the data after Easter so I want to make sure it's done and nearly finished.

When I can remember how to do one of those to do lists, I'll put one up XD
Still feeling ill. But need to do work. But need sleep. But deadlines. But...:sigh:
Another Friday spent on JSTOR.:hmpf:
Having a hectic day today with not much time for reading or essay writing. Had 2 hours of lectures earlier, just had time to eat and catch my breath and I've got a seminar in a bit. Then just about enough time to maybe read one journal after that before I'm going to a comedy night thing and then hopefully time to write an intro after that before I get a much needed early night so I can wake up at 6am for F1 qualifying.
Well today was unproductive :sad:
Trying to pack to go home - I always end up bringing too much stuff though and it's the worst! Plus this time I need to bring a lot of my books back with me for revision. But I only have a weight limit of 23 kilos! This is irritating on so many levels. Plus getting from my halls to Heathrow tomorrow is going to be a nightmare - I have to take the tube, but it's in the middle of the day with all the crowds and stuff and URGH.
(edited 12 years ago)
Finished my exam - I think it went ok, except for a few random bits where I did some guessing. Still, I finished it all and a lot of people didn't so that's a good start in my books. Also handed in lab book so that's the module officially over. :smile:

Next up is the masters project - deadline is 2pm Monday 16th April. Word count at the moment is 750 words. Word limit 8000-10000. Time to get writing! (but first I'm going on holiday for a week!)
To
Today:
- Hoover
- Sort out cake stuff to take back with me
- Washing load 1/3
- Strip bed
- Remake bed!
- Take out recycling
- Cheer
- If time, whilst I'm eating tea do one more rev. tip

Tomorrow:
- Get another two/three rev. tips done
- Sort out clothes, what to take back with me, hopefully dry washing is ready to go away
- Think about sister and Dads birthday present
- Go for a long walk OR go for a run
- Polish wooden tops
- Decide on 3rd year modules

:yy: Not bad, also showered today. I know it's not much but I'm still trying to pull myself out of the funk I've been in for the last few weeks :colondollar:

And a bit of a rant; we've been told today that we have to have our final module choices for third year in on Wednesday, and only today been given the updated module list. They've taken out the two modules in first semester I really wanted to do and replaced them with 'Psychology of Hearing' (who wants to spend 12 weeks talking about ears?!) and 'Infant development' (I hate child psychology!). So now my choices are incredibly limited and I'm going to have take at least one module I really don't want :angry:
(edited 12 years ago)
Got my exam timetable, not too bad and I don't have an exam on the afternoon of the last Friday for once this year.
Original post by Shadowplay
Another Friday spent on JSTOR.:hmpf:

I love that place :^_^: in fact it is starting to become my best friend...
Good news: I've actually done some work on my 12 page essay and now it's resembling complete; just have to edit, conclude and write abstracts. :smile:
Bad news: As well as that, I have two other essays due in next week. Eurgh. :frown:
Just back from the comedy night and I'm shattered, so as I'm up at 6 and then again at 8 I'm going to be hitting the sack now.
Handed in assignment today, A3 scientific poster with no word count. I'm a little concerned I haven't written enough though. She said she wanted some figures. So I got a table from a journal and took the data from another table in a different journal and put it all on excel so I could make a bar chart for it. Then I have one photograph. I also have some data bullet pointed rather then written in paragraph form for variety, I have around 800 words of text. Some people have double that word count and no big figures like I do.

She said it needed to try and attract attention as no one looks at a wall of posters and goes for dull one full of paragraphs of text..I just hope I haven't gone too far the wrong way..:confused:

Also frowning at how crowded April-May is. I have 5 assignments and 4 exams in that time period! A "class test" for one module, which are 1hr less formal versions of examinations, actually seems harder then the examinations will be! Most class tests have had a different structure but this is just two 25 mark essay style questions..and the thing is although it's an interesting module, it's more been case studies then actual content and so I'm bricking it thinking how I'm supposed to answer such long questions. I've looked at past papers and I wouldn't know where to start tbh.

Hopefully assignments can counter balance some poorer test results.

Got 64%, 73%, 76% in assignments so far. I'm hoping I can keep up the decent 2:1 to 1st mark in all my assignments so I can still get a 2:1 for year 2.
Original post by redrose_ftw
I love that place :^_^: in fact it is starting to become my best friend...

Yeah it's fun when the topic is interesting, but I got the worst novel imaginable to write an essay on and it's sooo tedious researching something you don't really wish to know anything about. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
And so the dissertation writing begins.
Reply 1396
This 2500 word essay will be the death of me, i've spent weeks doing it and its ****, not even finished and i have 3 days to fix it :frown:
Leaving for home today, yay! I have 2 hours before I need to trudge down the street to the tube station to get to Heathrow and I've not finished packing. And all my clothes are on the floor of my room just scattered about. I have to say I'm tempted to just leave them like that...
Lots to do today. I don't want to do it. I want to sleep some more.
To
Today:
- Get another two/three rev. tips done
- Sort out clothes, what to take back with me, hopefully dry washing is ready to go away
- Think about sister and Dads birthday present
- Go for a long walk OR go for a run
- Polish wooden tops did it last night before bed
- Decide on 3rd year modules

I'm heading off to the maclab by way of Costa at 11, laptop seems fine this morning but last night it blue screened me three times :frown: Plus I want to see if I actually work better in that environment, as I'm not having much success getting work done recently. First time I've ever voluntarily gone and done work there :eek: :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending