The Student Room Group

Notts or Warwick

I know there are millions of similar threads, but i was just wondering what others thought about Nottingham or Warwick.:confused:
I have AAA offers from both, they're both campus unis, and i really am unsure which to choose.
I'm waiting for Bristol, but don't hold out much hope for an offer:frown:
I'm visiting them both, but would really appreciate anyone's input.
Thanks!!!:p:
Reply 1
I suggest reading the twenty thousand other threads on this subject and the views already expressed on the ones you yourself have posted.

Most of the people on here are A-Level students or not at either of those universities. How do you think they are going to be able to give you an objective view?

This is -your- decision.
Reply 2
well Notts is APPARENTLY better but i thought it was horrible... its personal choice - i hate nottingham *the city) and wasnt keen on the uni. I much preferred warwick so ill be going there.

it all depends on the [person.
rah2
I suggest reading the twenty thousand other threads on this subject and the views already expressed on the ones you yourself have posted.

Most of the people on here are A-Level students or not at either of those universities. How do you think they are going to be able to give you an objective view?

This is -your- decision.

If you have nothing constructive to say why bother wasting your time typing it. I have the same problem and cannot decide where to go. It is a decision which carries great weight, and therefore i seek the views of people that are in the position to offer advice.

Oh and i have an offer from Nottingham - have you visited it? Personally i thought the uni looked brilliant, and the city (like ANY other city has rough parts and safe parts.)
Reply 4
I've visited Notts and Warwick and was more drawn to the latter. Although the Notts campus was quite nice, I felt Warwick had a more relaxed atmosphere. The undergraduate students in Warwick were really friendly as well and I can really see myself going there! I have an offer from Warwick and will be putting it as my firm choice. Good luck with your decision Helki :smile:
Reply 5
I really loved nottingham when i visited, and am definitely gonna put it as my firm choice. Ive never been to Warwick though, but i think nottingham is exactly what i want from a university; large campus, yet still in a vibrant city etc.
Reply 6
Yay for Notts! *grins sheepishly*
Reply 7
rah2

This is -your- decision.

There's no need to be mean. I asked for people's opinions to HELP me in my decision, not strictly to make it for me.
Why bother posting anything if you're just going to try and be smart with me?:mad:
This is something i am struggling with, so appreciated any input others have to offer, i would not have posted this if i wasn't having a dilemma...

To everyone else, thanks a lot for all your input... hopefully see some of you next year, wherever i decide:smile:
Reply 8
I'd go for Nottingham as it has a better reputation for law.
Yep. Definitely Nottingham. better reputation and nice atmosphere. But hey this is because I don't know much stuff about Warwick.
Reply 10
Nottingham does have the more established reputation for Law than Warwick...
But is it safer in Notts? lol
Reply 12
I think if you stick to the decent parts of the city, and not be an idiot to flash about your fancy new mobile or Gucci threads, you should be fine right? I think it's the same in every city you go to... You just have to be street smart...
Reply 13
Well id have said that there wasnt much to choose between the reputations! Surely if you get a first or 2:1 from warwick (having got AAA at A level just to get in) you wont be disadvantaged in the slightest when going for a training contract. I mean, people get training contracts or pupillages from far worse unis. Im choosing on the place rather than the reputation at the oment because i cant see how either is better

besides... you shouldnt choose a uni purely on reputation - you might end up miserable there.
Reply 14
Yes, your right.
I know Nottingham has a slightly better rep, but the gun crime really scares me. I'm from near durham so not really used to big city life, not that i would normally be deterred you understand, but Nottingham really does have a shocking rep as a city.....
Oh god i think i'll explode with stress!!!
Hey Nottingham is considered a big city?
Reply 16
Deathscythe HG
Hey Nottingham is considered a big city?
Pretty big, yeah.

I think that at the end of the day both are equally good reputation-wise so you should just go with what you prefer. Noone else can really make that decision for you.
TommehR
Pretty big, yeah.

I think that at the end of the day both are equally good reputation-wise so you should just go with what you prefer. Noone else can really make that decision for you.

IC. Well I still think Notts is better than Warwick...but I'm bias. Anyway Tom, decent LNAT scores you got there.
Reply 18
Deathscythe HG
IC. Well I still think Notts is better than Warwick...but I'm bias. Anyway Tom, decent LNAT scores you got there.
I guess it just comes down to preference really. I could have applied to Nottingham but it was just that bit too far away from where I live. In fact, Warwick was too far and I only put it down because I needed to put down another choice. I've never really wanted to go there. Doesn't appeal to me.
Reply 19
I visited Nottingham but decided not to apply. I just didn't like the place as much as some of the other unis I visited, but that doesn't mean of course that it's the same for everyone and it does have a very good reputation :smile: .

So I went with Warwick instead, got an offer and that's where I'll be going. I think the difference between the unis in terms of reputation is probably negligible depending on how hard you work and what degree you come out with. Nottingham has a good reputation, but Warwick does as well. They're both good unis for law, so go where you think you'll enjoy yourself the best would be my advice.

Latest

Trending

Trending