The Student Room Group

Does anyone have any weird habits with food?

Scroll to see replies

I don't understand people who have to eat food seperately :lolwut: I have it all together, surely if you don't mix the foods then it doesn't matter what's on your plate. Just throw a few food items on a plate and bam! There's dinner.
Reply 41
I don't do this all the time but when I'm eating cereals, I drink all the milk out of the bowel first until most of it's gone, then eat the cereals. Sometimes though I eat all the cereals first by draining the milk off the spoon, then enjoy drinking the milk at the end with only a few cereals in..... :colondollar:

Another one: with a corner yogurt, I eat about 3/4 of the yogurt first, then tip in the bits :smile:
Don't eat the fat on anything -even in a bacon sarnie. Just tastes and feels weird in my mouth. I cut off chicken skin before cooking drumsticks or thighs though I have to keep it on for family & friends as they love crispy skin.

I eat curries with just bread (pita/naan/roti etc) or a little rice if I'm really hungry.

I also like to add natural yoghurt to curries, soups, fajitas.

I don't like mayo unless I'm pissed, instead I use salad cream for which I have a mini addiction. :sogood:

I love fresh basil and can eat it on its own.

When I was younger I used to save the meat on my plate til last. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I always have a pappadum when I am eating a Chili :biggrin:
Original post by AndroidLight
i like banaana

Me too! I CANNOT go the day without a banana. Even if it means walking into Tesco and paying for a single banana like an idiot...!

Oh and with my rice krispies, I put a teeny bit of milk in, let the krispies go a little bit soft but still crunchy, drink the milk out of the bowl and then eat the rice krispies dry/slightly moist...mmmmm
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 45
I do that with crisps too, except I use salt and vinegar ones.
Reply 46
Anchovy paste with everything savoury; caramel sauce with everything sweet!

<3 x
Original post by snowyowl
I don't understand people who have to eat food seperately :lolwut: I have it all together, surely if you don't mix the foods then it doesn't matter what's on your plate. Just throw a few food items on a plate and bam! There's dinner.

So you can taste all the different components. How boring would it be to eat dinner and have every forkful taste the same. :tongue:

I'd say I eat relatively normally. But I do tend to leave the best until last with everything. If I have a roast dinner I'll always eat the cooked veg first, then the potatoes, then the raw veg then the meat because the meat is the best bit. Fries and a burger...the fries go first. If I eat a jaffa cake, milky way bar or crunchie I don't like chocolate so I eat that off first then eat the jaffa/white stuff/honeycomb last; it makes such a mess. :colondollar:

Also I scoop up jam with celery sticks.
Reply 48
nibbling the chcolate covering off of a milkyway bar before eating the rest of it :rolleyes:
I drink hot drinks with a teaspoon.

I've eaten a box of candles before.

I eat cake or traybakes with a spoon.

I tear food apart into bite sized bits rather than biting it.

When I was a child I couldn't breathe properly while eating, I had to eat with my mouth open and due to trying to breate through my nose, would make this "hunghunghung" sound whilst eating. Once I learnt to breathe through my nose correctly after surgery, I started to hum whilst eating. When I had braces I would fill the top of them (they were a brace that you could remove and clip back in, fitted around all my top teeth) with yoghurt or something, and then click the brace on and off with my tongue and eat the stuff inside. Very odd.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by daisydaffodil
I drink hot drinks with a teaspoon.

I've eaten a box of candles before.

I eat cake or traybakes with a spoon.

I tear food apart into bite sized bits rather than biting it.

When I was a child I couldn't breathe properly while eating, I had to eat with my mouth open and due to trying to breate through my nose, would make this "hunghunghung" sound whilst eating. Once I learnt to breathe through my nose correctly after surgery, I started to hum whilst eating. When I had braces I would fill the top of them (they were a brace that you could remove and clip back in, fitted around all my top teeth) with yoghurt or something, and then click the brace on and off with my tongue and eat the stuff inside. Very odd.

OMG i do that too! is that weird?:eek:

anything with a filling gets that treatment. sausage rolls (mmmm greggs) sarnies, burgers, u name it.

:colondollar:
Reply 51
if a cooked vegetable is still a bit hard, i dont eat it, its nasty.
if anybody talks about raw meat when im eating meat, suddenly i can't face eating the meat.
if im eating burger and chips, i eat all of the chips and then all the burger - i won't eat a few chips and then some burger, it cant be all mixed up!
i really like the black burnt stuff you get on sausages when you fry them :coma:
:redface:
Reply 52
Original post by BritGirl
I don't do this all the time but when I'm eating cereals, I drink all the milk out of the bowel first until most of it's gone, then eat the cereals. Sometimes though I eat all the cereals first by draining the milk off the spoon, then enjoy drinking the milk at the end with only a few cereals in..... :colondollar:

Another one: with a corner yogurt, I eat about 3/4 of the yogurt first, then tip in the bits :smile:

I really hope you mean bowl and not bowel....that could be quite horrifying :P
Reply 53
I love cucumber and ham... (using the cucumber as a cracker basically)

I love eating things with plastic cutlery, especially jelly using a plastic spoon.

I also prefer melted ice cream to normal cold frozen ice cream, so I'll put it in the microwave till the edges/centre is liquidy.

I also crush up cereal (frosted wheats/frosted&coco shreddies/frosties etc) so its like mush when I eat it :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 54
I also love eating spoonfuls of sweetener by itself...
Original post by Sabertooth
So you can taste all the different components. How boring would it be to eat dinner and have every forkful taste the same. :tongue:

But the forkfuls don't have to taste the same! If, for example, you are eating a roast dinner, you could have the meat and potato in one forkful, and then maybe some carrots and meat on another, yorkshire with veg and potato on the next... it doesn't have to be everything on the plate on every forkful.

I just can't imagine how unbearably dry and plain your dinners must be if you HAVE to separate every item of food.
Reply 56
I have a weird eating habit:smile:, I love Minstrels and M&M's etc, but I can only eat them in even numbers, I am devastated if I am left with just one, it's and odd number so I can't eat it. Also when I eat M&M's I have to seperate them out into colours, always leaving the red one's until last (it doesn't matter which colour order I eat them in but the red must be last). I Don't know where I get this habit from because I am the only person in my family to do this.:redface:
Reply 57
I like eating Lemon curd out of the jar with a spoon, doesnt taste the same on bread.Also tinned baked beans/spaghetti must have a bit of marg/butter in it when its being cooked.Another of mine is to eat Heinz tomato soup and add either pickled onion monster munch or chip shop chips in to the bowl.
Reply 58
Original post by nadiah
I really hope you mean bowl and not bowel....that could be quite horrifying :P

Yes I mean bowl! :lol:
I've mixed those two together before :facepalm:
Reply 59
When I eat toast (which is quite often) I nibble all around 3 edges first, eating the crust before I eat the actual toast XD

Quick Reply

Latest