The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Emaemmaemily
Oh no I wasn't offended lol, it's fine.
I haven't over eaten today, although the only exercise I've had is walking the dog. But it's fine, I couldn't fit my exercise clothes and shoes in my bag, but I'm only here for a few days.

Seeing the diaries made me want to look thorugh photos... so we got THE massive box of pictures out. lol

Dog-walking still counts, with some of them it's more dog-running anyway aha.
Ohh even better, the ubiquitous photo album :wink: productive evening in itself there!
Hopefully you'll be able to get back on track once you leave, so for now I guess just enjoy the break and the company?
:hugs:
Original post by SoapyDish
I don't think so...I don't look slim, I'm definitely skinny-fat and need to swap some of this chub for muscle :redface: And to be honest, I've had a really stressful couple of weeks, which has probably made everything worse...

Hopefully things would get better :smile:

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Thanks :-). It is possibly the slightest bit tight, but the size 12 was a bit baggy (probably looked better though) but I'm really reluctant to buy the baggy versions while I'm still losing, because chances are in a couple of weeks the top will look great in the 10. And I'm going to wear it whether it does or not haha. Might take a photo later. Not posted one for at least a week :biggrin:.

Best to buy them when they are a bit tight. Made that mistake before of buying stuff in a size 12 because I thought I was not going to be able to fit into a 10 and now I regret it as most that stuff I was unable to wear as they are now too big and ended up wasting soo much money
Original post by Chrisateen
Hopefully things would get better :smile:

Best to buy them when they are a bit tight. Made that mistake before of buying stuff in a size 12 because I thought I was not going to be able to fit into a 10 and now I regret it as most that stuff I was unable to wear as they are now too big and ended up wasting soo much money

I did that - I got a lovely pair of demin shorts last Feb in a size 12, firguring that I'd never get into a 10 since I'd gone straight from kids clothes to a size 12. They were too big last summer, and will probably be even bigger this summer :frown: (unless I regain everything :tongue:)

----

I'm struggling with calories today - feels like I've been eating nonstop, but I'm still 200+ calories under my goal. Going to eat some natural yogurt with honey and a couple of squares of dark chocolate in a bit. But I'm really struggling to bump up my calories without just eating rubbish :s-smilie:

Although that being said, I won't be counting calories at all over the next two days - my parents are coming up and I intend to take full advantage of being bought meals/having my cupboards stocked up :tongue: Hoping I can persuade them I need new clothes too :wink:
Pic of new top. Decided to wear it as a dress for the photo because I wanted to show you that my legs look rather nice :biggrin:.

Oh and I am aware that you can see my blue knickers through the top :biggrin:.

Spoiler

Reply 264
Pic of new top. Decided to wear it as a dress for the photo because I wanted to show you that my legs look rather nice :biggrin:.

Spoiler

Ooh your legs do look rather good! :tongue:
Just did my top section with the weights again... MY ARMS, MY ARMS!!
Reply 266
I eat quite healthily, a lot of salad and chicken (other than the occasional snacking I should cut down on)
I used to go running all the time as well to stay fit and prevent putting on weight, however, the last 8 months I've not been able to do any due to an injury to my leg and I've put on a bit of weight. I've only just started getting back to dancing and running but I find I can't do more than 5 minutes without getting pain and needing to stop.
Any one have any tips on ways I can lose weight that wouldn't put too much pressure on my leg?
Original post by gpostleth
I eat quite healthily, a lot of salad and chicken (other than the occasional snacking I should cut down on)
I used to go running all the time as well to stay fit and prevent putting on weight, however, the last 8 months I've not been able to do any due to an injury to my leg and I've put on a bit of weight. I've only just started getting back to dancing and running but I find I can't do more than 5 minutes without getting pain and needing to stop.
Any one have any tips on ways I can lose weight that wouldn't put too much pressure on my leg?

Firstly, you can lose weight just by cutting down your food. I eat 1,200 cals per day, do next to no exercise (well, I've been lazy for the past 4 weeks anyway, I used to exercise a lot) and still manage to lose a pound a week.

Swimming is good and shouldn't put too much strain on you. Depending on which bit of your leg hurts, maybe cycling/an exercise bike? Other than that, I find that walking is excellent. I've never really been into running, but I can go out and walk for hours. Back in the summer, when I was losing 2.5 pounds per week, most of the exercise I did then was walking. Shouldn't put anywhere near as much pressure on your legs as running would.
Reply 268
Firstly, you can lose weight just by cutting down your food. I eat 1,200 cals per day, do next to no exercise (well, I've been lazy for the past 4 weeks anyway, I used to exercise a lot) and still manage to lose a pound a week.

Swimming is good and shouldn't put too much strain on you. Depending on which bit of your leg hurts, maybe cycling/an exercise bike? Other than that, I find that walking is excellent. I've never really been into running, but I can go out and walk for hours. Back in the summer, when I was losing 2.5 pounds per week, most of the exercise I did then was walking. Shouldn't put anywhere near as much pressure on your legs as running would.

What's your diet plan if you don't mind me asking to eat only 1,200 cals a day?
How could I forget about swimming! It's my achilles tendon I ruptured it and the healing hasn't been as good as I'd have liked it to be but biking should be okay
Original post by Riku
Dog-walking still counts, with some of them it's more dog-running anyway aha.
Ohh even better, the ubiquitous photo album :wink: productive evening in itself there!
Hopefully you'll be able to get back on track once you leave, so for now I guess just enjoy the break and the company?
:hugs:

Yeah. Well I won't over eat so I shouldn't gain, I'll just enjoy the few days I have being fed and being in a warm house lol.
Original post by gpostleth
What's your diet plan if you don't mind me asking to eat only 1,200 cals a day?
How could I forget about swimming! It's my achilles tendon I ruptured it and the healing hasn't been as good as I'd have liked it to be but biking should be okay

I'm probably not the best person to be speaking to about diet.. I tend to have a bagel for breakfast, a cereal bar for lunch, and then make up whatever I have left at dinner. Dinner is normally meat and veg (watch the cals in gravy if you have any, I ignored these cals for a long time), plus some potatoes, followed by an activia yogurt and occasionally a kiwi chopped into it :biggrin:.

Be careful when calorie counting about counting your drinks. I never used to count when I drank tea (the milk) or juice, and worked out I was consuming an extra 400 cals a day in drinks alone. So I now only drink water, and a cup of tea with my breakfast.

When I graduate I plan to start a new phase of my transformation, and replace my bagel and cuppa at breakfast with a yoghurt, banana and a few spoons of oats with a glass of fresh orange juice. Possibly all in the same bowl. Slowly phasing out all the rubbish I used to eat!

Spoiler

Wow well done!! And your legs look amazing...skinny but still shapely:biggrin:
Original post by *GoLdSeQuIn*
Wow well done!! And your legs look amazing...skinny but still shapely:biggrin:

Original post by *Rouge*
Ooh your legs do look rather good! :tongue:

Thank you! Wish I could wear that as a dress actually as it's quite flattering, but too short at the back and shows too much bum! Never mind :-(.
Reply 273
Epic fail for four days :frown:
Reply 274
Original post by blahhh
Epic fail for four days :frown:

I know the feeling because I've just been a complete and utter pig all weekend. But never mind because tomorrow is a new day and time to keep going seeing as you're so close to your goals We all know it won't be an easy journey but it'l be so worth it in the end so time to stop dwelling and persevere! :smile:
Reply 275
Original post by *Rouge*
I know the feeling because I've just been a complete and utter pig all weekend. But never mind because tomorrow is a new day and time to keep going seeing as you're so close to your goals We all know it won't be an easy journey but it'l be so worth it in the end so time to stop dwelling and persevere! :smile:

Yeh this is true...I'm just so annoyed at myself! Not bothering with the scales tomorrow since the bloat/ water weight will make it all even worse

Urgh...I need to hurry up and get fully into a half marathon training routine...uni is taking over my life and I just can't fit in enough exercise at the moment! Grr...doesn't help with the evenings being dark

But like you say...no point in dwelling...back on it tomorrow...just frustrating that I can hit about 3 weeks of religiously sticking to 1200 cals..then go on a four day binge...urgh :o:
Reply 276
Original post by blahhh
Yeh this is true...I'm just so annoyed at myself! Not bothering with the scales tomorrow since the bloat/ water weight will make it all even worse

Urgh...I need to hurry up and get fully into a half marathon training routine...uni is taking over my life and I just can't fit in enough exercise at the moment! Grr...doesn't help with the evenings being dark

But like you say...no point in dwelling...back on it tomorrow...just frustrating that I can hit about 3 weeks of religiously sticking to 1200 cals..then go on a four day binge...urgh :o:

I tend to avoid the scales at times like this because I know it'l just demotivate me. I gained and lost the same pound over the last two weeks so I need to keep it off this week. As for uni, You're not the only stressed one - I need to hit my dissertation for the next week so I'm planning to be super strict with calories to compensate for lack of exercise. I'l be lucky to fit three workouts in :frown: Frustration can be a good thing btw because you can use it as a source of determination to succeed!
Buying a treadmill. Because I have a load of amazon vouchers which expire soon and thought I may as well get something which will aid my fitness!
Buying a treadmill. Because I have a load of amazon vouchers which expire soon and thought I may as well get something which will aid my fitness!

omg you copy cat!!

im buying a treadmill with my vouchers!!

:tongue: hehe

which one you getting?
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
omg you copy cat!!

im buying a treadmill with my vouchers!!

:tongue: hehe

which one you getting?

It was actually you who gave me the idea :biggrin:. Not sure yet, going to have a look in the morning and see. Only need something simple that'll show me how far I've gone and how fast. Will be spending the rest of the vouchers on a couple of new rings to replace ones that are now way too big, and also getting some nice boots if I have enough left :biggrin:.

Do you have any recommendations for a good treadmill? I'm clueless to be honest.

Latest