The Student Room Group

PGCE

Is there time to have a social life during PGCE? I wanna go dating
Original post by stickylikehoney
Is there time to have a social life during PGCE? I wanna go dating

Yes. There will be some periods where you are particularly bogged down with work for 1-2 weeks at a time and you may not have much time to be social (e.g. sometimes you have a uni essay due + a bunch of marking + a parent's evening that all inconveniently fall in the same week). But most of the time, you will have time to have a healthy social life.
Original post by bluebeetle
Yes. There will be some periods where you are particularly bogged down with work for 1-2 weeks at a time and you may not have much time to be social (e.g. sometimes you have a uni essay due + a bunch of marking + a parent's evening that all inconveniently fall in the same week). But most of the time, you will have time to have a healthy social life.

Did you find it stressful?
My course had 100% pass rate last year... could it have been that bad really?
Did you find it stressful?
My course had 100% pass rate last year... could it have been that bad really?

I found it manageable, but definitely stressful at times. The hardest period (for me at least) was when I started my second placement, as you're suddenly in a new school and getting used to new systems which can be tricky.

I'm not totally sure of this, but my understanding would be that a 100% pass rate means that everybody who saw the course through to the end achieved the qualification, so you could potentially still have people dropping out early due to the stress. It's still a promising sign though!
I found it manageable, but definitely stressful at times. The hardest period (for me at least) was when I started my second placement, as you're suddenly in a new school and getting used to new systems which can be tricky.

I'm not totally sure of this, but my understanding would be that a 100% pass rate means that everybody who saw the course through to the end achieved the qualification, so you could potentially still have people dropping out early due to the stress. It's still a promising sign though!

All courses and jobs are meant to have stresses, I suppose.
So are you a teacher now then?

I don't feel nervous.. because I cant be bothered to get nervous. I mean if I drop out or fail, at least I tried it? is it really scary lol?

Yes, I finished my training ~4 years ago.
Yes, I finished my training ~4 years ago.

Can we chat on pm?
Can we chat on pm?

Sure if you like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending