The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
No news on weight loss today as I only do it after certain amounts of time so won't find out if I've lost any weight until tomorrow!
I was just wondering if anyone on here has received comments on their changing shape? Has anyone said to you 'oooh you look slim!' or anything?
I know I look slimmer, my trousers fit better and I actually have shape around my face and across my shoulders....but no-one has said anything!!!
So yeah...anyone received any nice compliments lately? :smile:

Also, enjoy pancake day everyone!! Pancakes don't mean you can let yourself go...but diets don't mean you can't eat pancakes either!!!
Reply 461
No pancakes for me! :p: I will not give in to temptation!
Original post by abc:)
No news on weight loss today as I only do it after certain amounts of time so won't find out if I've lost any weight until tomorrow!
I was just wondering if anyone on here has received comments on their changing shape? Has anyone said to you 'oooh you look slim!' or anything?
I know I look slimmer, my trousers fit better and I actually have shape around my face and across my shoulders....but no-one has said anything!!!

Also, enjoy pancake day everyone!! Pancakes don't mean you can let yourself go...but diets don't mean you can't eat pancakes either!!!

don't worry if you don't recieve any complements I'm sure you look great. I find though that people there is one of the three reasons why people don't comment about your weight loss

1) They didn't notice
2) They did notice but too afriad to say anything so that they don't offend you just in case you didn't lose weight
3) They did notice but are jelous of you

I found that sometimes that people notice due to the way in which they look at me. For example 1 girl in my lecture everytime I walk past her she keeps looking at me funny. Also I had a case in which I was walking towards the tube in which a girl I knew looked at me, then looked away realised I lost weight then looked back at me really shocked but never said a word to me about my weight loss.

All in all don't worry about the comments as sometimes comments can also be negative as well as postive too.
Original post by abc:)

Because I've made my weight loss so public on Facebook/Twitter/Here etc I have always got a lot of comments, but some people just say things to be kind lol. You can tell when the comments are genuine. It took me three stone before people really start to notice.

It's funny though, because I have pictures of myself in clothes from last summer, and I remember thinking that I looked absolutely fantastic, and looking back at them now I think I look so fat compared to how I look today!
TSR took the thread off my watched threads :frown:
There's me thinking nobody had posted :P
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
This is going to be the first time ever when I don't have pancakes :-(. But I can't. I can't do "moderation", and I'd end up eating hundreds of the things.

But you have to learn moderation now and instill it in your system. Else how are you going to be able to enjoy things like pancakes when you are maintaining your goal weight? You don't want to reach your goal weight and then spiral out of control.

:smile:
Original post by LabyrinthWonder
But you have to learn moderation now and instill it in your system. Else how are you going to be able to enjoy things like pancakes when you are maintaining your goal weight? You don't want to reach your goal weight and then spiral out of control.

:smile:

I'd much rather get rid of the weight first to be honest. I'm so close to being a normal BMI (4lbs away) and I don't want to do anything in the next few weeks that'll slow that down. Plan to get myself into a better exercise regime in the summer which will help. Also, when I'm not trying to lose weight, I will be able to eat at least another 500 cals per day plus whatever exercise I do, so it won't be so much of a problem. My binges are nothing like what they used to be. A "binge" now would result in me staying the same weight, a binge two years ago would have resulted in me gaining two pounds.
Reply 467
Because I've made my weight loss so public on Facebook/Twitter/Here etc I have always got a lot of comments, but some people just say things to be kind lol. You can tell when the comments are genuine. It took me three stone before people really start to notice.

It's funny though, because I have pictures of myself in clothes from last summer, and I remember thinking that I looked absolutely fantastic, and looking back at them now I think I look so fat compared to how I look today!

That might be it I think I notice on myself earlier because I'm looking out for the changes. And yeah, I have a thing on my mirror tracking my weight loss, and I look at the top of it and remember how happy I was then and think wow...that's nothing now!!!
I'm having an off day today. I ran super late for uni and ended up having a junk food breakfast (I can not go without that meal!). And then some. Back to it tomorrow and I'm having a veggie-filled dinner tonight. I'm not letting one slip-up derail me.
Reply 469
Original post by cpdavis
Eugh, my weight has plattered again :colonhash: but I am enjoying Martial arts though :awesome:

Martial arts are awesome. :smile: What martial art do you do?

I have done lots of exercise the last couple of days! We had grading on Sunday morning, so I was there for about two and a half hours. Some standing around but lots of exercise too, and then we had the sparring part of our grading yesterday, carried on sparring for a while after that and then finished the Advanced session after.

My grading sparring was awful yesterday, I fall to pieces every time I know I am being judged. :redface: It's so frustrating, 'cos as soon as I finished the grading part I loved sparring again! But hoping it will be enough to get me through haha.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 470
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36457761']Yeah, PDC :smile: and thanks :biggrin:

That must be really frustrating. We've only got 5 people max in a class, and there are two poles, which means it's easeir to do stuff at different levels.

We get told off when trying new stuff in case someone copies and dies! Had a look at the online PDC syllabus, we're definitely not taught that way.
Don't know a lot of the floor work in level 1, but can do all of level 2, most of the spins and some inverts of level 3 and a couple of level 4 moves

I am having pancakes today :smile:
I make large very thin crepes in non-stick pans and they work out at about 50 calories per pancake.
Made a whole bunch so they will be used as wraps for lunch, breakfast (filled with yoghurt, fresh fruit and some cocoa powder). Got a lovely pancake cannelloni lined up as well. Going to fill 2 pancakes with lots of wilted spinach, garlic, a little strong stilton and some cream cheese. Some homemade tomato pasta sauce over the top, a tiny bit of bechamel sauce and a tiny bit of strong cheese then in the oven to bake :wink:
So up until today, TSR was having none of me posting on this thread. Sad times! But I can finally type again.

So I've been pretty good the past few days. We went out for a big family meal last Friday which was a serious test of my willpower; the waiter put down this basket of AMAZING thick, freshly baked bread and homemade butter, which nearly killed me. But I didn't have any. I didn't have a starter, then had sea bass instead of the steak and chips, and a little mint ice cream instead of the hot chocolate fondant I wanted. I also didn't have any after dinner fudge - excellent! Although the bread thing was so..tough..

I also went to the cinema last week and saved up all day for some Ben & Jerrys. I had a small break down whilst standing at the counter (I told myself I was going to have a small tub, then when I got there, I decided I deserved a large tub, and had an embarassing mental battle with myself at the counter!). However, I neded up with the small tub and then felt virtuitous when 2 very overweight women came in with large tubs. Definitely made the right choice (although it didn't really feel like it at the time..caramel chew chew :coma:

Anyway, the scales are now saying 9' 7" - so I've lost a total of 11lbs so far :biggrin: I'm so pleased. Just 3 more pounds to go and I'll have lost a stone, and 7 more and I'll have reached my target.
Today, I've had:
Breakfast - 30g cornflakes with skimmed milk, tea
Snack - Half a large banana
Lunch - brown bread ham sandwich and a cup of tea
Snack - 50g raisins
Dinner - tuna steak and 170g homemade oven chips
Going to have some grapes later. I've done 30 mins on my exercise bike and ridden for 30 mins.
Original post by bittybatty
So up until today, TSR was having none of me posting on this thread. Sad times! But I can finally type again.

So I've been pretty good the past few days. We went out for a big family meal last Friday which was a serious test of my willpower; the waiter put down this basket of AMAZING thick, freshly baked bread and homemade butter, which nearly killed me. But I didn't have any. I didn't have a starter, then had sea bass instead of the steak and chips, and a little mint ice cream instead of the hot chocolate fondant I wanted. I also didn't have any after dinner fudge - excellent! Although the bread thing was so..tough..

I also went to the cinema last week and saved up all day for some Ben & Jerrys. I had a small break down whilst standing at the counter (I told myself I was going to have a small tub, then when I got there, I decided I deserved a large tub, and had an embarassing mental battle with myself at the counter!). However, I neded up with the small tub and then felt virtuitous when 2 very overweight women came in with large tubs. Definitely made the right choice (although it didn't really feel like it at the time..caramel chew chew :coma:

Anyway, the scales are now saying 9' 7" - so I've lost a total of 11lbs so far :biggrin: I'm so pleased. Just 3 more pounds to go and I'll have lost a stone, and 7 more and I'll have reached my target.
Today, I've had:
Breakfast - 30g cornflakes with skimmed milk, tea
Snack - Half a large banana
Lunch - brown bread ham sandwich and a cup of tea
Snack - 50g raisins
Dinner - tuna steak and 170g homemade oven chips
Going to have some grapes later. I've done 30 mins on my exercise bike and ridden for 30 mins.

You seem to have a similar weight goal to me, unfortunately I haven't started losing weight yet but congratulations you're doing so well especially with the ice cream.

Breakfast - porridge
was trying to make it till dinner at 6 without anything but cracked and had a cajun chicken wrap at uni which was bad as I would have preferred something healthier.
Dinner - sweet and sour chicken and rice, don't really have a choice as it's provided to me, so no real clue of the calories.
still have to make my boyriend and friend pancakes so we'll see how strong my will power is.

exercise - walked 3.6 miles today which is something at least.
Ahh make him do his own!! :P. I can't stop at "a tiny one", I would actually just sit and eat hundreds of them.

Don't be tempted to weigh! Do it after a week :-).

I ate 4! Urgh, why??! Now I just feel sick. Good on you for not having any :yep:
Reply 474
Ate so much garlic bread tonight before I start my 40 days without bread!!! Had a great burn at the gym too, happy happy :smile:

Got an offer from my first choice uni today too, so up until June its literally just going to be getting in shape and studying in my life... ah well, lets hope its all worth it!!!
Drank a lot of red wine yesterday, I'm talking over a 1000kcals worth, and then ate homemade curry at my friends house, forgot I ate it, so also ate a skinny cow ice cream when I got home, lying down in bed. I'm now nursing a grazed chin, hands and knees after falling over on the way home and have spent the day dying at work!! I still went to the gym though so I guess that's something!!
First attempt at cooking pancakes solo went pretty well :biggrin: (apart from a minor hot oil burn >_<)

I had two pancakes - a larger one with lemon and sugar, the a scotch pancake sized one with PB and nutella (since I was cooking, I made everyone else two, then had what was left). Not too bad - the rest of the day I worked out that I ate ~1600 cals, and I went for run this morning as well as walking quite a bit, so figure it all balances out.

Going to give myself a day off exercise tomorrow, figure my body needs a bit of a break - this morning's run was fun, but definitely hasn't helped my pole dancing aches.
Reply 477
Still the same weight today *sniff* never mind!! Looking back at my weight loss tracking there have been times when I've been the same or even put a bit on but I've still lost weight over all so just gotta push on really! :smile:
Reply 478
Today's my first day of being chocolate free for at least until easter but hopefully I'll be able to keep it going longer than that as it is the achilles heel of my weight-loss and I really want to be a healthy BMI before I go to Thailand otherwise I don't think it'll ever happen.

I bit the bullet this weekend and signed up for swimming 1/2 mile in the great east swim which is slightly terrifying but hoping that'll it'll be a great motivator as I don't want to look like a beached whale in my wetsuit.
Original post by greenpeas
Today's my first day of being chocolate free for at least until easter but hopefully I'll be able to keep it going longer than that as it is the achilles heel of my weight-loss and I really want to be a healthy BMI before I go to Thailand otherwise I don't think it'll ever happen.

I bit the bullet this weekend and signed up for swimming 1/2 mile in the great east swim which is slightly terrifying but hoping that'll it'll be a great motivator as I don't want to look like a beached whale in my wetsuit.

That is awesome, im too terrified to swim in the pool (nearly drowned in the sea as a child so that totally knocked my confidence with deep water :frown: ) so youre brave! In more ways than one too, im a whimp when it comes to doing something new

Whutcha going to thailand for? Sounds interesting :biggrin: got many plans for while youre there?

And that last part bout 'beached whale' reminds me of what my bf said to me, he said i lookedlike a beached whale once! How shocking is that?! :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest