The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Every time I picked a piece of food up, or took a sip of a drink, my family kept saying "you're fat again now" because the slightest bit of weight would push me back over haha they're so nasty! Stuck to calories perfectly and went on a power walk which felt great, so absolutely no chance I'm slipping over the boundary again! Never!
I binged again today. I will see my GP sometime next week about everything so I'll hopefully go back on what I used to be on and then I'll start feeling better soon. It was also results day today at uni... I'm having a really tough time at the moment but I'll be back to this soon because I hate how I look right now. I'm disgusting.
Reply 582
Original post by Aemiliana
I binged again today. I will see my GP sometime next week about everything so I'll hopefully go back on what I used to be on and then I'll start feeling better soon. It was also results day today at uni... I'm having a really tough time at the moment but I'll be back to this soon because I hate how I look right now. I'm disgusting.

:hugs: Sorry to hear that. I binged last night as well (relationship trouble, general uni stress, social anxiety etc) and it make you feel so horrible. Hope you feel better soon, I really do. Remember you are not alone in this. x
Totally have to do some exercise today. It's been days since I logged calories on MFP, so I need to get back into that habit because I'm much better behaved when I do so. Will probably go out for a walk a little bit later because I have a few things that I need from the shops, but other than that I have no plans other than uni work.. so hopefully will be able to get lots of work in.

Also just got a new app on my iPhone which lets you download music for free, so got lots of awesome new tunes to workout to.. actually rather looking forward to it!
Original post by tumbling
:hugs: Sorry to hear that. I binged last night as well (relationship trouble, general uni stress, social anxiety etc) and it make you feel so horrible. Hope you feel better soon, I really do. Remember you are not alone in this. x

Thanks. I hope you feel better soon too.

This next week is going to be evil, I'm not sure I'll have the time to go to the gym because I have a really scary assignment due, and even scarier one is looming and I'm behind on day-to-day work. Uni is scary. :yep: I'll try to eat well though, because that'll help me feel more alert.
My nurse was telling me yesterday you can get pedometers where it measures the length of your steps and is more accurate than my current one (with mine you can just sit there and shake it and the step count will go up!) She couldn't remember the brand of it does anyone have any ideas what it might be or has their own handy accurate pedometer?
Original post by Aemiliana

This next week is going to be evil, I'm not sure I'll have the time to go to the gym because I have a really scary assignment due, and even scarier one is looming and I'm behind on day-to-day work. Uni is scary. :yep: I'll try to eat well though, because that'll help me feel more alert.

Eek with all those words scary, looming and evil you're making me nervous to go to uni now! :biggrin:
Just been shopping to buy my Easter eggs.. as you do in February. But I have money at the moment (a little bit) so I figured I should buy everything I needed before my next loan came through (my wages aren't enough to have any spare).. so just gone and bought £23 worth of chocolate, for which I got 4 medium sized easter eggs and a fair amount of little bits and pieces, I thought that was quite good value! Just over £5 per person I was buying for, and they have an egg and at least 5 other little bits as well! :biggrin: Oh, and the walk to the shops meant 18 minutes of exercise at a brisk pace so I'm happy about that. Going to go on my exercise bike in a little bit while I catch up on the week's rubbish TV! :biggrin:.
Ok haven't been on this thread for ages and will read through properly after work tonight, but if anyone is looking for a super cheap and healthy meat for dinner then look online and see if your local Lidl is doing diced chicken breast for £1.34 for 375g - only a few branches are but I just got 3 packs which will do both me and my boyfriend for about 4-6 meals I think! The other offers they are doing are cheap beef mince (not lean though) and chicken drumsticks so check before you go :smile:
Done half an hour on the exercise bike. Could do with going for a walk to the post box but might save that for tomorrow (as a New Year's Resolution I decided that I had to leave the house at least once a day, and have managed it so far.. there were too many days in the past I'd just sit inside working and not manage to get out). If I don't go for my walk, I will do another 40 minutes on the bike, so it's better than nothing. I could do with a good weigh in today! Cannot wait until I'm maintaining instead of losing.. that will be fantastic!
Todays food: (probably quite bad because I'm doing a very, very long stint in the library)

Breakfast: Alpen porridge with raspberries and apple (free sample from Tesco, it's so nice!)
Dinner: tuna and sweetcorn wrap with lettuce and cucumber
Tea: will probably have sausages, sweet potato and carrot mash, mixed veg and gravy again.
Snacks: ugh! diet coke, can of Monster (so bad), packet of squares, muller corner yoghurt (the ones with the chocolate flakes in), an orange and an apple

Exercise: not much apart from walking to uni and back. will try 30DS again tomorrow as I'm feeling better today.
Reply 591
My day yesterday:

Breakfast: 2x crumpets with jam
Lunch: salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, radishes, little bit of cheese) and a few chips from my friend, oops. Then plain yoghurt with honey and sultanas
Dinner: chicken breast, rice, courgettes and tomato
Snacks: Belvita breakfast biscuits

Had a pretty big brunch today instead of breakfast and lunch, but playing netball later which will help:smile:

Well done everyone for getting to normal BMIs! I think I'm kinda borderline, also not really sure what height I am!
(edited 12 years ago)
Getting my skipping rope out! Haha. Love it!
Not weighing myself this week, totm and I can't be dealing with a disappointing number :p: I'll do it again next week and divide whatever I lose (if I lose) to get the average.

I've done a 4 mile walk this morning, plus I'm about to take my dog out for another mile. Didn't get to do any exercise yesterday because I was at uni all day so today I'm making up for it :biggrin:
I can't actually believe how much exercise I've managed to get done today. I'm proud of myself! Family are out all day tomorrow, so I think I might attempt my Davina DVD. I got through an entire one of her workouts last time so let's see if I can do it again :biggrin:.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I can't actually believe how much exercise I've managed to get done today. I'm proud of myself! Family are out all day tomorrow, so I think I might attempt my Davina DVD. I got through an entire one of her workouts last time so let's see if I can do it again :biggrin:.

which davina DVDs you got?

her 3, 30 min workouts are good, well ive only done 2 of them so far lol
Reply 596
Tried Ripped in 30 today, was getting so bored of 30DS (haven't done it for a week, but went swimming on Mon & Weds). I like it more than 30DS! Seemed to burn more calories according to my cheap HRM, although I found quite a few of the moves easier. I prefer having more variation in the strength section of the circuit too.
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
which davina DVDs you got?

her 3, 30 min workouts are good, well ive only done 2 of them so far lol

Yeah that's the one I've got. I just do whichever one seems best on the day :biggrin:. Not sure which I'll do tomorrow yet, if any, depends if I have the time. I have a load of work to do.
this thread seems really helpful. okay so i am 16 (17 in 9 days), currently weighing 12stone and i am trying to go down to about 9 stone. i go to the gym at least 4 times a week and i eat between 1200-1500 calories a day. realistically, how long do you think it will take me to lose 3 stone?
Reply 599
Can't wait to hit the gym later! Been stuck in all day revising so looking forward to getting out!

Aiming to blast off about 600 cals and hopefully some weights :smile:

EDIT: Or not...forgot its Saturday and the gym shuts at 7 not 10...rubbish!! 30DS it is then :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest