The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by isawsparks89
29/93lb though? Hmm..But thank you :colondollar:

Ah well, it was a cheapo one anyway whereas sis/mum were telling me to get a far more expensive one for about £35-50 - **** that ****!! Spent the extra on trackies so yes, the money's gone, but it was invested better I reckon :smile:

I don't wear jewellery anyway and it's the charms that are commemorative not the bracelet itself.

But that's nearly 1/3! That's amazing :biggrin: Congrats, and don't be down on yourself about it.
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];39682249']But that's nearly 1/3! That's amazing :biggrin: Congrats, and don't be down on yourself about it.

Oh, no, I'm not down on myself about it seriously, I'm so happy that I've done it! I just know I've got a long way to go is all I'm saying, and I've gotta stay realistic about that so I can keep it going :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 7982
Original post by isawsparks89
Thanks :colondollar: I can't see the difference much except that my boobs have got smaller...we'll see a little later down the line :moon:

Thank you!

Well, you can't have lost 13kg of Bristols otherwise you would have been toppling over from the imbalance!
2 stone deserves mega rewards! I think any loss deserves rewards. Not easy!
Original post by Mark85
Well, you can't have lost 13kg of Bristols otherwise you would have been toppling over from the imbalance!

Mark, my boobs are all gone. I feel like I've lost 7 stone from my boobs and 1 stone from the rest of me. Not fair. At least male "assets" are made to look BIGGER when said male loses weight. Not so for our lady humps :frown:.
Reply 7985
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
At least male "assets" are made to look BIGGER when said male loses weight.

I don't think that is really the case... at least my junk doesn't look noticeably different, lol.

Guys have similar problems anyway - check some of the fitness threads to see some guys complaining about feeling small and skinny when they lose fat. Personally, I don't care about that - I prefer being able to see small biceps and triceps individually rather than having big fatceps.
Original post by Mark85
I don't think that is really the case... at least my junk doesn't look noticeably different, lol.

Guys have similar problems anyway - check some of the fitness threads to see some guys complaining about feeling small and skinny when they lose fat. Personally, I don't care about that - I prefer being able to see small biceps and triceps individually rather than having big fatceps.

Comparison photos then we can take a vote? (Joking.. :biggrin:)

Yeah that's true, but at least you can bulk up to get bigger again.. we can't get muscly boobs..

I'm in a really odd mood tonight so I do apologise for the fact that this conversation is happening.
Reply 7987
Comparison photos then we can take a vote? (Joking.. :biggrin:)

Before:
O
()_
/\

After:
|_
/\

I can't see much of a difference tbh...

Yeah that's true, but at least you can bulk up to get bigger again.. we can't get muscly boobs..

You can bulk up and get fat and look big but for most guys (who aren't taking steroids) if you are ripped - you will never look big with clothes on so it is much of a muchness.
Original post by Mark85
Before:
O
()_
/\

After:
|_
/\

I can't see much of a difference tbh...

You can bulk up and get fat and look big but for most guys (who aren't taking steroids) if you are ripped - you will never look big with clothes on so it is much of a muchness.

Haha that's made my night. Admittedly it's been a slow night, but even so.. :biggrin:
Went to the gym today and had to push really hard on the treadmill... but I managed to make it through the week 4 program :biggrin: I left off 2/3rds of the way through week 4 last time, but I think I'm gonna do week 4 for the rest of the week to shore up my progress and then jump into week 5.

I also did some weights :biggrin:

Aaand I discovered that Edamame are REALLY low in carbs... and I love them!! I have a new go-to vegetable snack, I think! I've just got to find out where to buy them...
(edited 11 years ago)
Haven't worked out since I went back to college last Monday. I need to sit down and work out a schedule of some sort!
Original post by Mark85

I think I also have cheekbones...I think my cheekbones have now come out of hiding from crisps and gin. No I mean it's not just the tatty bojangles but definitely off my waist and hopefully off the face and bits of everything else - otherwise I'd look like I came from a hall of mirrors afterwards lol!!

2 stone deserves mega rewards! I think any loss deserves rewards. Not easy!

Thank you :colondollar: I admit it is an achievement, I just need to keep going with it though so I still need to be strict on myself! Still motivated by my goals list (I list 3 on my blog at one time) - just realised earlier that by the time I hit goal #3 I'll be at the halfway point. 17.5lb off the halfway point now..

Also I am TOTALLY scared of losing my boobies. But as long as all the other fat goes, it won't be too bad.. as long as I'm not caught in a losing-fat-from-the-boobies-before-the-stomach fiasco (God forbid)
Joined the gym this month, I currently weight 76kg and planning to lose about 45lbs. I'm finding the diet harder than working out right now as I have no real diet plan- I just eat what is healthiest in my fridge.
Reply 7993
Original post by evelynevelyn
Joined the gym this month, I currently weight 76kg and planning to lose about 45lbs. I'm finding the diet harder than working out right now as I have no real diet plan- I just eat what is healthiest in my fridge.

That is a good start and the best way to go about it in my opinion. Start getting into more exercise and start gradually eating healthier. It all builds up from there - you eat the healthier stuff from your fridge and then you go shopping and fill your fridge with healthy foods and start eating predominantly healthy meals. If you have 45lbs to lose, this is the best way to start.
Original post by Mark85
That is a good start and the best way to go about it in my opinion. Start getting into more exercise and start gradually eating healthier. It all builds up from there - you eat the healthier stuff from your fridge and then you go shopping and fill your fridge with healthy foods and start eating predominantly healthy meals. If you have 45lbs to lose, this is the best way to start.

After going to the gym and seeing how hard it is to lose 500 calories, it really puts things into perspective. I have a problem now in that I weight myself after every workout, foolishly expecting to see a difference :frown: I might need to develop some sort of mini-reward system after workouts so i dont lose motivation.

And thanks for the advice :smile:
After going to the gym and seeing how hard it is to lose 500 calories, it really puts things into perspective. I have a problem now in that I weight myself after every workout, foolishly expecting to see a difference :frown: I might need to develop some sort of mini-reward system after workouts so i dont lose motivation.

:wavey:

The main difference you should be making is in your diet, it's quite easy to spot where you might be going wrong in your food choices and fixing those. Once you have that down and you add in the exercise, you'll see some results. Try to weigh yourself every week or so as weight will fluctuate during the day, and also if you have any particularly bad days during the week you have other days to work it off. Reward-system is a good idea too :smile: Good luck!
Reply 7996

I would completely disregard trying to track calories that you expend in the gym - you just can't measure them like that - it isn't how the body works.

I wouldn't even measure the calories that you intake (i.e. eat and drink) at this stage - if you are going from doing less to doing more (e.g. joining the gym and going regularly or taking up some new activity) and are also consciously eating better than you were before then you will almost definitely lose weight. Then, just carry on doing the same and gradually upping your exercise and the weight will continue to drop off. You don't need to be worrying about calories until your progress slows down. Even then, it isn't the first thing you need to go to - all you need is a rough idea of how much you are eating which doesn't need to be measured in calories anyway - you just need to know the average meals you eat and roughly what the portions are and then you are able to adjust it up or down depending on your needs. In fact, I would only really get into calorie counting once you literally only have 5-10lbs left to lose. That is what I am doing and I am doing it to make sure that I eat enough food (to avoid losing too much lean weight) rather than to try and restrict myself. The last few pounds are hard to shift but the first 30-35 should be much easier and doesn't require too much precision. Everyone wants to make it more complicated than it is and try and measure things because it seems more scientific or something but 99 times out of 100 - it makes things worse.

People start counting calories too soon in weight loss and it is counter productive in most cases because it makes people eat more junk because instead of thinking about a healthy diet - they think of a daily calorie ration and they start thinking how they can work more and more crap into it. Nothing wrong with eating a bit of junk food but it shouldn't detract from the good foods you need to eat to get your protein, your vitamins, your minerals, your fibre and your healthy fats.

I wouldn't worry about weight too much either - it isn't such a great metric for tracking fat loss. The best thing to do is get a tape measure and measure, say, your waist, hip and maybe legs every week or two. That will tell you all you need to know about fat loss.
(edited 11 years ago)
*stretches*

Super achy after circuits/spinning yesterday (not helped by the fact that I was late, so didn't do a proper warm up). But decided to push trhough and still do something this morning. I went for Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown. Really enjoyed it, I'm starting to get why people are so obsessed with yoga.
I've just baked an apple pie. Why would I do such a thing?
I've just baked an apple pie. Why would I do such a thing?

Because you want to eat it :tongue:. Don't worry I failed a temptation at work today. Someone brought in a big cake and initially I didn't want to eat it but they left it on the table right next to me and eventually I had a piece :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LG-P990

Latest