The Student Room Group

help please(any EU national)

hey guys, i am living in UK from end of sept,2009 . for student finance you have to be in UK from 1st sept 2009. ::frown: they say i can just get tution fee each year ..anyone in this condition.? :s-smilie:
Reply 1
Yes you must have 3 full years, they are the rules for all EU students I'm afraid, and your status can't change part way through the course either.

You either have to have just the tuition fee loan, or take a gap year and apply in 2013 for full funding.
Reply 2
Original post by Shani

Original post by Shani
Yes you must have 3 full years, they are the rules for all EU students I'm afraid, and your status can't change part way through the course either.

You either have to have just the tuition fee loan, or take a gap year and apply in 2013 for full funding.

yeh i see what you mean ..but you know on the website it says for EEA workers you can still get everything which normally a UK student would get. the thing is i have lived in portugal before UK (more than three years) ..and portugal is an EEa country.. are you from Uk only or some other country..?
Reply 3
The EEA and Swiss migrant rules wouldn't apply to you I'm afraid.

I have not been in your situation, I am from the UK, but I do know quite a bit about the way student finance works.
Reply 4
Original post by Shani

Original post by Shani
The EEA and Swiss migrant rules wouldn't apply to you I'm afraid.

I have not been in your situation, I am from the UK, but I do know quite a bit about the way student finance works.

why the rules for eea and swiss migrant wouldnot apply on me?
(just a question)
Reply 5
Are your parents migrant workers in the UK?
Reply 6
Original post by Shani
Are your parents migrant workers in the UK?

yeh my dad works in UK ..is there anything special document to be classified as migrant.?
Reply 7
You will be an EU student and not EEA.

EEA students are nationals of Iceland, Lichenstein, Norway or Switzerland

http://www.studyineurope.eu/who-is-an-eu-student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending