Reply 280
Original post by Aarongreatbanks
I got

P2: 100UMS A*
C2: 100UMS A*
B2: 88UMS A
English: 113UMS A*
Geography: 48 UMS A

In my biology i got 47/50 on both of the papers last year and i got 35/40(raw marks) on the ISA. Can i still get a A* considering that i still have to do B3 in the summer?

I think you can - if this is AQA (I don't know about other boards), you need 360/400 ums overall for an A*.

You have 47+47+88+(maybe 90 for the ISA)=272
So you'd need 360-272=88 in unit 3 to get an A* based on an estimate of 90 for your isa (I have no idea of the grade boundaries for that)
Reply 281
Original post by ImWithTheBand
Do you mean he can just go straight on and study further maths. Or should he resit the IGCSE in June and try and elevate it to an A*?

that is what he should do.
I just wanted your guy's opinion on whether I should get my AQA ENGLANG 1H paper remarked because I got 93 UMS out of 120 and to get an "a" I need 96 UMS points. After working that out its 1.75 raw marks (rounded 2 marks) and tbh I thought I did pretty well. O'well. So please could you offer me some words of wisdom. ty
I got all A's...No A*'s...Judging by TSR members' stellar grades I must be the laughing stock....
:sigh:...Resits in the summer now :rant:
Reply 284
I got 105/120 UMS for English Language (AQA)
Is it worth getting it remarked to find 3 extra marks for the required A* Grade (90%)?
Original post by Johnny_H
Is it worth getting it remarked to find 3 extra marks for the required A* Grade (90%)?

Yep, exam boards love wiping off marks in english... and so does my teacher for controlled assessment, a bit worrying:frown:
Reply 286
So your saying that I'll only get lower if I get it remarked?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 287
Original post by Johnny_H

Nope. Ask your teacher to remark a controlled assesment. I got my English Lang remarked from June 2011 - went from 105 ums to 101 ums -.- Annoying as f.
History OCR 59/60 a*
Biolog OCR 44/50 a
Chemistry OCR 43/50 a
Physics OCR 40/50 a
English lang aqa 86 b

Im so soo upset for 2 reasons;
-I already done all my models are am only like 7 marks from an a* in biology I resat the lowest one and got 4 more mark I got 3 more for chemistry and 1 more for physics. It's so so irritating I truly thaught u did good enough in the exams :frown: I have 3 more exams in June if I want my a*
- as for English language I was distraught. If I wanted a b I wouldn't have revised as hard as I did. Even the drunk crackheads got a's or a* I cried so much in class I just don't understand what I did do wrong. I'm going to get it remarked and I'm going to resit which should be splendid. I'm one of the top in the year group it upset me so much my English teacher doesn't even like me now really :frown: what are the chances ur could have been a major mistake and I got an a* really? :frown:
Reply 289
sm3lly2ooo

Try not to feel too bad. I think English marking is so ambiguous, especially our board's (ocr's) mark schemes, which are messed up. Alot of the time the worse kids do better than many of the more develped English students).
Cheesepuffff i got a B (edexcel)
I'm getting a remark and resit
I missed 18 marks (3 marks from an A)
I really don't see how!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 291
Science
B1 C1 P1 - A
B2 C2 P2- A

Old ocr gateway spec sadly dont think i have the chance to resit the coursework because i got a D in year 10 and none my teachers informed about changing it
Original post by Dalek1099
that is what he should do.

Hey man, what did you get in your Edexcel English Lit?
Reply 293
Original post by thisisjokes
Hey man, what did you get in your Edexcel English Lit?

C in the resit but i got an A first time.
Reply 294
Original post by chloevictoria
Oh my gosh, reading through all of these results is making me feel properly thick :/
Today I got:
Biology unit 2 (AQA) - C
Chemistry unit 2 (AQA) - A*
Physics unit 2 (AQA) - D

I got a D in Physics too :lol: :hugs:

I know how you feel though. There are so many A*s on here :eek: but you're not thick, I wouldn't compare yourself to folks on here anyway.
Original post by Dalek1099
C in the resit but i got an A first time.

Yeah I scraped an A in this exam but it was the first time I sat it, was quite disappointed considering I'd been getting high A*s in the mocks. Ah well, you win some you lose some. :/
Original post by Leelad
I got a D in Physics too :lol: :hugs:

I know how you feel though. There are so many A*s on here :eek: but you're not thick, I wouldn't compare yourself to folks on here anyway.

Yay I'm not alone! :smile: I go to a grammar school and loads of people got four A*s and it's so embarrassing, when I know a D isn't actually that bad, my school just makes me think it is.
I literally hate science I can't do it at all, no matter how much revision I do!
Original post by PureDetermination
Cheesepuffff i got a B (edexcel)
I'm getting a remark and resit
I missed 18 marks (3 marks from an A)
I really don't see how!

What were you on target for? A*?
A b really isn't that bad though, but I know what it feels like to want to do better. I hope you get the grades you want next time, then :smile:
Biology: B (b)
Chemistry: C (c)
Physics: B (b)
:angry:
Original post by Einstein007
Biology: B (b)
Chemistry: C (c)
Physics: B (b)
:angry:

Not such an einstein after all. I'm sorry that is harsh; but i just had to.:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest