The Student Room Group

Is it too late to get some extra UCAS points? I've received all my offers.

Hi, my friend is in a dilemma..

Basically my friend is doing BTEC Sports (double) and A Level Biology ..
He's received all his offers and he desperately wants to go to Newman University (280 points required)..

He will most likely end up with a DD for Sports (240 points) and he just needs an E in biology for the remaining 40 points.. now, he's not really confident and reckons he will get a U for biology..

So he needs to do something to get some extra UCAS points.. (Just in case)..
The 6th form he attends offers that extended project thing (which is worth some ucas points) and he could still do that.. HOWEVER, he did not mention on his UCAS application form that he is doing an extended project..

What should he do??

Reply 1
It depends on what his university offers were based on. Were the point offers to include biology? If not then it should be ok, but I'd get a move on, since the EPQ takes a long time and is very hard! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by thegold94
It depends on what his university offers were based on. Were the point offers to include biology? If not then it should be ok, but I'd get a move on, since the EPQ takes a long time and is very hard! :smile:

Thanks for replying!

Newman does accept the EPQ and nope, the points offer doesn't include biology..
Reply 3
Original post by Abed1993
Hi, my friend is in a dilemma..

Basically my friend is doing BTEC Sports (double) and A Level Biology ..
He's received all his offers and he desperately wants to go to Newman University (280 points required)..

He will most likely end up with a DD for Sports (240 points) and he just needs an E in biology for the remaining 40 points.. now, he's not really confident and reckons he will get a U for biology..

So he needs to do something to get some extra UCAS points.. (Just in case)..
The 6th form he attends offers that extended project thing (which is worth some ucas points) and he could still do that.. HOWEVER, he did not mention on his UCAS application form that he is doing an extended project..

What should he do??

They will expect him to meet the offer from the exams he has already declared. If he adds something else in, they may increase the offer, or not let him include any points from the extra subject towards meeting the offer he already has.

Bottom line: he would do better to concentrate on getting an E in his Biology A level than trying to pick up something else now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending