The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a moist feeling
I can't row at the moment so no I'm not you!

Too expensive for what they are.

Not what this money is for :h:

Judge me all you want.. I'll look bitchin' when the new kit arrives :colone:

What IS the money for?

Buy a bike?
Got a stethoscope?
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Judge me all you want.. I'll look bitchin' when the new kit arrives :colone:

What IS the money for?

Buy a bike?
Got a stethoscope?

Money is for me to buy random crap with but I can't think of anything to buy with it :tongue: I don't want anything medical in the slightest because I'll just regret wasting my money on medicine :tongue:
Original post by Jamie
Just heard that bit on radio 1 'innuendo bingo' podcast.

HAHA. Your celebrity status truly know no bounds.

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio1/mills/mills_20120307-1125a.mp3

34 minutes in for everyone else.

:top:
Original post by mrs_bellamy
Ouch, what are the clinical examinations? Some kind of competencies? Good luck! It's quite a nasty time for 4th years too, but spread out slightly more. AMK tomorrow and then all the longitudinal SSUs and logbook due in next week.

Yea we have Cannulation, Cranial nerves and motor exam today, AMK weds and then BLS (2 person), Airways and PBLS with Choking Child.

But thats minor compared to everything in 4th year. Good luck with the DAT (and the rest for that matter)
Reply 84
Interesting case, I think he should be allowed to choose.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17336774
Reply 86
Original post by Lantana
But you didn't come to say hi either :cry2:

Original post by xconfetti
You guys spoke to each other! :smile: In the pub with all the flags on the ceiling :smile:

:cool:
Can I be added to the first post please, I'm a 2nd year at GKT :biggrin:
Original post by Wangers
Interesting case, I think he should be allowed to choose.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17336774

Yeah I saw this, and I agree with you.
Reply 89
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Renal - MBBS, Barts and the London
Why am I in red? Banned again?
Original post by carcinoma
Yea we have Cannulation, Cranial nerves and motor exam today, AMK weds and then BLS (2 person), Airways and PBLS with Choking Child.

But thats minor compared to everything in 4th year. Good luck with the DAT (and the rest for that matter)

Oh wow that's so harsh of them to put everything in one week! We never had that. We also did cranial nerves and motor in GP, rather than in clinical skills, which I guess was either less or more stressful depending on the GP. Thanks, and good luck to you too!
Original post by billet-doux
Can I be added to the first post please, I'm a 2nd year at GKT :biggrin:

:yy:
Original post by Renal
Why am I in red? Banned again?

What do you mean?
You appear as normal for me :redface:
Reply 92
Original post by xconfetti
You guys spoke to each other! :smile: In the pub with all the flags on the ceiling :smile:

Original post by Beska
:cool:

Oh, that was you! :blush: :getmecoat:
So tired. Went to the gym after lectures, walked home eating a big ol' bag of BBQ chicken then immediately fell asleep for an hour. Kind of want to go back to sleep.
Btw, where do you guys stand on giving advice in the health subforum? If I do post, I tend to just aim to reassure the OP if their worries are particularly unlikely or unfeasible and then advise them to attend their GP clinic. I try to avoid stating any possibilities even if they are giving a history which strongly indicates one condition over another, but I frequently see other posters throwing around 'diagnoses' which I really don't agree with.

Where do you guys stand on correcting posters who are giving a diagnosis which is probably incorrect (and I would imagine quite frightening to the OP)? In a way it kind of contradicts what I've said in the first paragraph about avoiding stating 'possibles'. Or do you just avoid the health subforum all together? (I would probably choose this option but I can't help but be sucked in by it at times).
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Btw, where do you guys stand on giving advice in the health subforum? If I do post, I tend to just aim to reassure the OP if their worries are particularly unlikely or unfeasible and then advise them to attend their GP clinic. I try to avoid stating any possibilities even if they are giving a history which strongly indicates one condition over another, but I frequently see other posters throwing around 'diagnoses' which I really don't agree with.

Where do you guys stand on correcting posters who are giving a diagnosis which is probably incorrect (and I would imagine quite frightening to the OP)? In a way it kind of contradicts what I've said in the first paragraph about avoiding stating 'possibles'. Or do you just avoid the health subforum all together? (I would probably choose this option but I can't help but be sucked in by it at times).

Not helpful for you at all but its ridiculous how any combination of symptoms always results in a post of "sounds like diabetes"

I think it's OK to be relatively vague and just give some decent advice such as getting them to go see the doctor. I certainly wouldn't want to offer any diagnoses.

I have seen some very stupid suggested diagnoses from lay posters before, with somebody telling someone they definitely had narcolepsy where the history was certainly not suggestive of that. I told the person who suggested that not to strart throwing diagnostic labels about as it's very unhelpful, whilst trying to get the OP to ignore what the other poster had put and get themselves to the doctor.

In short I totally agree that posters should not be offering up diagnoses, whatever is going on but especially if it's very improbable.
Found out today i have passed all my finals and now a Doctor (awaiting graduation)!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 98

If I can't resist then I Anon it (though have been warned for this before :redface: ) for a number of reasons.

I think the tricky thing can be to assume text on an internet forum has having a rational academic person behind it (!) that you could be factual or share uncertainties/probabilities with... rather than as a patient who if you saw in the flesh you could recognize may well need a very different consultation style/explanation & doing that via public written word = hard work!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Carpediemxx
Found out today i have passed all my finals and now a Doctor (awaiting graduation)!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Massive grats!

Latest

Trending

Trending