The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
So... many... drugs.... to.... learn....

:emo:
Original post by Becca-Sarah
What happened to the silicon nipple guards (avec sequins and tassels) you told me about? :sexface:

Those are just for you :sexface:
Becca-Sarah
x

Original post by FFCrusader

Well this conversation is rather..

Spoiler

Original post by Beska

Ah, but it clicks. And when it does, you're in for a world of awesomeness.
What happened to the silicon nipple guards (avec sequins and tassels) you told me about? :sexface:

Original post by FFCrusader

Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Spoiler

As a consultant blandly informed me - internet dating is the new IN thing. Or rather this is just interweb flirtation??
Reply 1185
Original post by Beska

So many?

Surely there are just five? Little syringe of antipain, big syringe of sleepy, medium syringe of keep still, big syringe of upper and the magic purple gas.
Original post by fairy spangles
If it helps i have no idea what MEN 1 is.
Its not in my handbook therefore im not learning it. I like the way that most medical schools know which subject paper they are sitting. Instead of just a massive surprise on the day.

Say wha?? I get a big surprise for mine! :frown: (even in pharmacology there were many surprises!) Ah well, should probably get off here and do some reading, haha...
Original post by Beska

Your not trying to learn the student formulary are you?
I still dont know that :eek:

So today i have completed the important task of updating my ipod - still no revision though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by graemematt
Say wha?? I get a big surprise for mine! :frown: (even in pharmacology there were many surprises!) Ah well, should probably get off here and do some reading, haha...

No (i know they wont tell you whats in each exam first - otherwise it will just be a regurgitation) i mean do you get an exam for each? I think prescribing will be in the osce for me. Dont have a seperate prescribing/pharmacology exam. Do you get exams by subject?
Hey guys does anyone know the most common subsite for colorectal cancer? I think it's either the sigmoid or rectum??
According to a USMLE forum it is the sigmoid. I'm not sure on the rules about posting direct links etc and i can't fathom out how to link the site in to this quote :confused:
Original post by rumandraisin
According to a USMLE forum it is the sigmoid. I'm not sure on the rules about posting direct links etc and i can't fathom out how to link the site in to this quote :confused:

Have just come across the same site you're referring to and they state:

The most common site of colorectal cancer is the sigmoid colon (25%) followed by the rectum (21%) followed by cecum (20%) followed by rectosigmoid junction (20%) followed by transverse colon (15%) followed by ascending colon (10%).

Site: http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-1-forum/7213-what-most-common-site-adenocarcinoma-colon.html
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Spoiler

:p:
Reply 1193
I can barely answer a single one of these past-paper questions and the exam's in 9 days... I am so ****ed :frown:
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
x

Yeh that's the one. But i am not sure how to link the URL in to the quote so it is hidden by a word. For example by going ...here... and by clicking the word here would take you straight to the site. If that makes any sense, it did in my head :colondollar:
Yeh that's the one. But i am not sure how to link the URL in to the quote so it is hidden by a word. For example by going ...here... and by clicking the word here would take you straight to the site. If that makes any sense, it did in my head :colondollar:

word here

Take out the spaces in the tags.
word here

Take out the spaces in the tags.

Haha cheers :google:

No idea how to do it either :redface: hence why linked the entire url.

Cheers Becca
Reply 1198
Your not trying to learn the student formulary are you?
I still dont know that :eek:.

Not even that (don't have it yet)... just the stuff from lectures. :frown:
No (i know they wont tell you whats in each exam first - otherwise it will just be a regurgitation) i mean do you get an exam for each? I think prescribing will be in the osce for me. Dont have a seperate prescribing/pharmacology exam. Do you get exams by subject?

Ah, get you now. We don't get exams by subject, we just get a clinical exam with four long stations (I.e. "Please see Mr X, a 58yr old man with painful hands" from which we take a history in 10 mins, an exam in 5 mins, then present the patient and go through 15 minutes of questioning on the case or about anything in general...urk), two written papers which are general finals papers (so some med, some surg, some acute/paeds/O&G/psych) and the pharmacology MCQ & prescribing that we've done already.

I'd quite like the idea of going in knowing that I was gonna sit a resp paper or a physiology paper or whatever have you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending