The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
I should be revising... haemostasis got me here... what are your excuses? :tongue:

But seriously, haemostasis...

Spoiler

Soooooooo bored :sigh: so much hatred for revision!
Original post by Lantana
:woo: Bound and handed in?

Yup! :woo: Not quite convinced myself it's over yet, felt majorly guilty this afternoon doing non-diss stuff!
Another one who has never pulled an all-nighter revising/writing up etc. I just can't imagine being productive in the small hours, I've never worked past 2am I don't think - by that time all my care has gone.

Staying up for nights on call though, I can happily do as long as I'm busy (this may change come August :tongue: ).

Back to finals revision :frown: Congrats to those who have passed already - mine don't start til June, Aargh!
Reply 1384
I never pulled an all nighter either, pah, like my sleep way too much. Occasional late nights (like midnight) if too many deadlines (7 essays in 11 days :rolleyes: ) finishing something off, maybe. But for revision (back when I was diligent in the first few years) I was more an early riser to get the day to a good start or just faff about and do some in the middle of the day.

In other news: I'm going to have medical students at my Practice. :clap2: :bunny:

Must try to remember what pre-clinical stylee GP visits were like & what we liked & what we didn't - because they'll be 3rd (?of 6) years... anyone a bit closer to it want to give me any pointers?

& I have lost a stone & a half in weight so can give lifestyle advice feeling like less of a fraud! More to go though... :flamingo:
Reply 1385
Feel like negging all those who haven't done all-nighters. But I'm just being jelly.
What classifies as an all-nighter?

Does it have to be absolutely no sleep, or working up till a certain hour? :beard:
So true for those who start a new placement...

[video="youtube;Ee1VZ7a9ktM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee1VZ7a9ktM&feature=share[/video]
Reply 1388
Original post by Elles

Must try to remember what pre-clinical stylee GP visits were like & what we liked & what we didn't - because they'll be 3rd (?of 6) years... anyone a bit closer to it want to give me any pointers?

I'm a current 3rd year clinical stuedent on a week long GP attachment. Generally I'm attached to a specific GP each morning/afternoon. I sit in with them: then some patients I take into a spare room and do history/examinations then present it to the GP. Also go and do homevisits etc.
For the older years/doctors.

I've asked the consultant lead for O&G to do an audit. He seems happy for me to do so - it's a four week placement however.

Could I start and finish one in that time - or as I've never done one before should I just join in with an ongoing one .

Last question - does this count for anything on FPAS/whatever it's called?

Thanks guys - sorry I'm clueless atm!
Original post by SMed
Feel like negging all those who haven't done all-nighters. But I'm just being jelly.

PRSOM

3 in my first two terms
Reply 1391
so annoyed :frown:

in the exam today I realised right at the end I'd made a mistake, crunched the numbers in the calulator, had the right answer to right down, and between me crossing out my previous answer and trying to write down the right one, time was called.

obviously I just went to write the number down (I mean it was just one number, and just there on my calculator) but because I was right at the front I wasn't allowed to do it.

and I could see so many other people still writing in the hall, I felt so pissed off... I really needed those few marks :frown:
Original post by Tech
so annoyed :frown:

in the exam today I realised right at the end I'd made a mistake, crunched the numbers in the calulator, had the right answer to right down, and between me crossing out my previous answer and trying to write down the right one, time was called.

obviously I just went to write the number down (I mean it was just one number, and just there on my calculator) but because I was right at the front I wasn't allowed to do it.

and I could see so many other people still writing in the hall, I felt so pissed off... I really needed those few marks :frown:

From the nerdiness quota I've picked up from you you'll be fine!! The project is what really decides your grade anyway right?

Chillax dude
why cant i get motivated?
I need a serious motivation boost/kick up the backside. Ive done no proper work in weeks and exams are in less than a month.
Original post by fairy spangles
I need a serious motivation boost/kick up the backside. Ive done no proper work in weeks and exams are in less than a month.

Don't worry; my finals start in 2 weeks and so far tonight since getting back from placement I've watched made in chelsea, casualty (kind of revision?) and apprentice online...don't quite know what I'm doing..thought 1 night off would make the next few days uber productive? hopefully anyway...
Not doing any work this evening and going to the pub followed by a chicken nugget challenge at Maccy D's was a good plan.
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
What classifies as an all-nighter?

Does it have to be absolutely no sleep, or working up till a certain hour? :beard:

I was gonna say seeing dawn, but that's cheating cos it's like 3am in Aberdeen in summer! Certainly if it's reached a time when I could feasibly have been getting up instead of going to bed, that counts for me.
Original post by Philosoraptor
For the older years/doctors.

I've asked the consultant lead for O&G to do an audit. He seems happy for me to do so - it's a four week placement however.

Could I start and finish one in that time - or as I've never done one before should I just join in with an ongoing one .

Last question - does this count for anything on FPAS/whatever it's called?

Thanks guys - sorry I'm clueless atm!

Remember: an 'audit' involves 'completing the audit cycle'...i.e. doing your initial survey or whatever, analysing the data, coming up with a change, implementing the change and then reauditing. If you just do the initial data gathering, then you are just performing a cross-sectional survey.

If you can do one of these, then it's great.

As for FPAS, unless it is published or presented at a national/international speciality conference (i.e. not med student run) then it isn't worth anything.
Original post by fairy spangles

My clinical exams are tomorrow and Friday. You could be worse off :smile: Especially seeing as some people have done their clinicals already and all the horror stories have been circulating...:frown:
Original post by graemematt
My clinical exams are tomorrow and Friday. You could be worse off :smile: Especially seeing as some people have done their clinicals already and all the horror stories have been circulating...:frown:

Good luck! though I'm sure you don't need it! Think about how good you'll feel this time on Friday after you've got the clinicals over! :smile: People always remember the worst bit of the osce and spread round that 1 question which was awful and forget the 99% which wasn't terrible so wouldn't worry about horror stories! 2 weeks til writtens and 3 to clinicals for me..now to stop watching young, dumb and living off mum & crack on with something more medically orientated :tongue: !

Latest

Trending

Trending