The Student Room Group

This Is My Foodie Opinion, I Infer, I Imply! So What Do You Think? CONFIRM OR DENY?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Confirm. The last thing you want to happen is to pick up the phone from an uncle in new zealand....

C/D: i HAVEN'T ATE AN ICE POLE IN AT LEAST 5 YEARS
Confirm. A bus couldn't stop me in the middle of a meal.

Edit: Dammit! Ninja'd

Deny: I still regularly buy icepoles sold at my local corner shop, ahhhh nostalgia.

Confirm or deny: There are very few foodstuffs that do not taste good in a toastie (I had peanut butter and banana for lunch :wink:)
(edited 12 years ago)
I wouldn't know about Peanut Butter and Banana!! That is a weird one :tongue:

But I will say Confirm!!!! :biggrin:

Toasties in general :coma:

C/D- Hash Browns are a rare delicacy and must be eaten in large quantities when re-discovered, the greasier the "greasy spoon" the better!! (Unless it's so greasy you can almost smell the food poisoning :tongue: )

Edit: A greasy spoon is a cafe/restaurant that serves Bacon Butties and the such. If you didn't know :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 663
CONFIRM. Hash browns are marvellous so one should never miss an opportunity to indulge in them.

C/D: I don't like cheese balls crisps.
Confirm. You don't like them, you just said so.
I however, do. Who remembers those Prawn cocktail balls too? In the pink pack, cheap ones? THEY WERE EPIC.

confirm or deny: The best part of most pizzas is that stringy bit of cheese. You know the bit..
Confirmed. So, so, sooooo true.

Confirm or deny: Haribo fried eggs are superior toooo the fizzy cola bottles :3
Reply 666
Unfortunately DENY. Solely because STRING OF CHEESE is the culprit in the CHEESE RIP BLANKET REMOVAL from my slice. I HATE YOU!

I ALSO CONFIRM Dani's - "Fizzy" is just another word when referring to sweets to mean FACE SCREWUP.

CONFIRM OR DENY: SINGAPORE FINE NOODLES ARE BETTER THAN THICK EGG NOODLES
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 667
Original post by Viennaberry
Confirmed. So, so, sooooo true.

Confirm or deny: Haribo fried eggs are superior toooo the fizzy cola bottles :3

CONFIRM!!! (Not a massive fan of cola bottles).

C or D- Only a generous person can make a decent sandwich. (I'm talking about having a PROPER lot of filling in there. No crappy one piece of chicken and a lettuce leaf)!
Reply 668
Lol y'all got ninja'd, try again, do not pass Go etc.
Toto - Can't say I've ever tried Singapore fine noodles, but I'm not all that keen on thick egg noodles so CONFIRM.

LTC - Confirm, too frequently have to make your own sammich if you want filling visible to the naked eye. Where are you filling? Why you hide from me?

Confirm or Deny - Garlic Bread is the best side dish for pizza, not chips.
Reply 670
DENY DENY DENY. Garlic bread is the worst side dish - too dry and too pizzalike. I never eat chips with a pizza either. Wedges/onion rings are probably the best.

C/D: Chicken and a fried egg seem a wrong combination.
Reply 671
Deny. Pizza needs no side dishes but a salad or garlic battered mushrooms are the way to go if you do :smile:

Edit: confirm! I never have them together!

Confirm or deny:
Seaweed and Chilli Beef are two of the best courses at a Chinese takeaway.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 672
Original post by dani_1991
Deny. Pizza needs no side dishes but a salad or garlic battered mushrooms are the way to go if you do :smile:

Edit: confirm! I never have them together!

Confirm or deny:
Seaweed and Chilli Beef are two of the best courses at a Chinese takeaway.

DENY. It has to be sweet and sour chicken and prawn balls (and possibly chicken satay with the thick peanut sauce- I don't like peanuts usually).
C/D: It is IMPOSSIBLE to just eat ONE Cadbury's chocolate finger from the packet.
Confirm. I have SUPERB self-restraint usually but when it comes to a cheeky finger (no sniggering in the back row please) I just can't help myself. I think they call them fingers because we're meant to eat a hand. A pair of hands.

Confirm or deny: If someone makes me a bad tea/coffee, I'll never have the same respect for them again.
DENY, but only because I despise hot beverages with every fibre of my being.

Confirm or deny: rich tea biscuits are HIDEOUS.
Reply 676
Deny! They're really nice with a bit of butter or jam! Try it :biggrin:

Confirm or deny:
Hovis biscuits (the ones that come in the red packet) are actually really nice with jam/butter as opposed to cheese!
Original post by dani_1991
Deny! They're really nice with a bit of butter or jam! Try it :biggrin:

Confirm or deny:
Hovis biscuits (the ones that come in the red packet) are actually really nice with jam/butter as opposed to cheese!

deny. I don't really like Jam and I can't imagine spreading butter on one. They're a sweet biscuit and I kinda like 'em sweet, so paired with a sweet cheese. I like them with dairylea triangles to be honest.

confirm or deny: on a first date, I always choose my food tactically, rather than what I actually want. WHICH IS PROBABLY A BIG MESSY STICKY STINKY PLATE of something or other.
Confirm! On first dates, I always order something boring and dainty like SALAD. When really I want a huge plate of lasagne with chips AND garlic bread. DAMN you boy that gets to order a hefty meal whilst I have to pick at RABBIT FOOD so you don't discover what a pig I really am until it's too late.

Confirm or deny: I would rather have overcooked pasta than undercooked pasta.
Reply 679
Deny.. I prefer my pasta ever so slightly undercooked.

C/D... Heinz ketchup is better than any other type of ketchup?

Quick Reply

Latest