The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Firmers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Just firmed for Lancaster, hopefully to do Biochemistry with Biomedicine BC79. I doubt anyone else is doing this. :L

The accomadations I have applied for are; Furness-Superior en-suite and Grizedale-Superior en-suite. Good luck to you all! :wink:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 221
Original post by Equilor
Just firmed for Lancaster, hopefully to do Biochemistry with Biomedicine BC79. I doubt anyone else is doing this. :L

The accomadations I have applied for are; Furness-Superior en-suite and Grizedale-Superior en-suite. Good luck to you all! :wink:

I have a friend that applied for Biochem and also applied for furness superior en-suite so your not alone xD
Reply 222
Hopefully going to study spanish and film - all depends on this english exam on wednesday :/

Ive put down furness superior ensuite and county townhouse :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by JordanS94
Don't give up hope :smile: ... I suck a core 4 too :lol: and I think my core 4 exam will me stupidly hard since the paper got leaked so there's another one we're gonna take D: I bet edexcel are really P****d and take it out on us :frown:

They probably won't give us a hard paper, because if they do all the schools will complain about it being really hard and how their students would have done better if they'd taken the other paper which was easier,and might switch to another exam board, so edexcel lose a lot of money :smile: if it's an easy paper, schools can't complain
Reply 224
any psychologists?
Reply 225
By having two minors does that mean that you end up being in uni more time than you would at another uni? Or does it mean that you spend less time studying your major in the first year as a result? Ive applied for history so from what I've read I'll need to choose two minors!
Original post by gemmalf
By having two minors does that mean that you end up being in uni more time than you would at another uni? Or does it mean that you spend less time studying your major in the first year as a result? Ive applied for history so from what I've read I'll need to choose two minors!

You'll do the same amount of credits as any other university. :smile:

Ultimately, with history, you'll spend 1/3 of the year doing history and 2/3 doing other subjects. However, you can pick complementary subjects that enhance and extend your work in history - rather than them being completely separated and unrelated. :smile:
After first year, you can go back to doing 100% history, or take up around 30 credits as a minor in second and third year. :smile:

I was lucky. When I started, they still offered the Med Ren course. So, I did history with two minors - politics and med ren [taking 100% history modules within med ren lol]. So, I essentially did 2/3 history and 1/3 politics. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 227
Original post by affinity89
You'll do the same amount of credits as any other university. :smile:

Ultimately, with history, you'll spend 1/3 of the year doing history and 2/3 doing other subjects. However, you can pick complementary subjects that enhance and extend your work in history - rather than them being completely separated and unrelated. :smile:
After first year, you can go back to doing 100% history, or take up around 30 credits as a minor in second and third year. :smile:

I was lucky. When I started, they still range the Med Ren course. So, I did history with two minors - politics and med ren [taking 100% history modules within med ren lol]. So, I essentially did 2/3 history and 1/3 politics. :smile:

Aww thank you :smile: feel like I understand it a bit better now!
So what's the best college then everybody?

I have no idea which one to apply to.
Reply 229
Hey guys,
After a pretty terrible looking Edexcel Biology exam I think I may not meet my entry requirements for Earth and Environmental Science... At all.
Does anyone know how popular Earth Science is at Lancaster and how lenient they are on entry requirements?
Any information will be very appreciated!
Reply 230
Hey,

I've applied for Advertising and Marketing, and my conditions are AAB.

However I unfortunately I don't think I'm going to get that, it's realistically going to be A*BBB. (I do General Studies as a 4th subject, which thankfully Lancaster accepts haha)

If on results day it turns out I don't get AAB, what do I do? Do I just go home and onto Track and see if Lancaster have accepted me anyway?

Or do they not automatically accept, and I have to phone up and ask?

There's part of me that hopes that Advertising and Marketing isn't particularly over subscribed. It's not exactly as popular as English Lit or Maths for example so what do you think the chances are of getting accepted if I was one grade out? Especially if I got an A* instead of an A for one grade, and had an extra grade more than most people, even if that extra grade was a B?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 231
If I was you, I'd ring the admissions department and ask them.

Here's a little guide on what happens if you missed your firm offer;
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Guide_to_Results_Day#You.27ve_missed_your_firm_offer
The worst thing now is having to wait 3 months!!
still got one more exam :/ FP3 and from how well I've think I've done I only need about a D :biggrin: but it's still not looking like that :frown:
You can check track before you get your results. It tends to update at around 6am [although I didn't check it until after I got my results, as I felt like torturing myself a bit longer lol :redface:].

If you do miss your offer and your track hasn't updated to say you've been accepted, call up. :smile:

Good luck.
Reply 235
Hey people

Ive firmed Politics and applied for Furness accomodation, and have two questions really.

Does anyone know how leniant they are on their offers, and when we are supposed to hear we have got the accomodation we applied for? :smile:
Reply 236
Original post by Dazalad94
Hey people

Ive firmed Politics and applied for Furness accomodation, and have two questions really.

Does anyone know how leniant they are on their offers, and when we are supposed to hear we have got the accomodation we applied for? :smile:

Not sure how lenient they are but i think we know our accommodation after results day when we know whether we have got in or not :smile:

Reply 237
Original post by Mezzyp
Not sure how lenient they are but i think we know our accommodation after results day when we know whether we have got in or not :smile:

Cheers, fingers crossed i get the grades to get in :s-smilie:
Reply 238
Original post by Dazalad94
Hey people

I'm a politics applicant too and I'm worried about meeting my offer so you're not alone!
Reply 239
Original post by lfcjamie
I'm a politics applicant too and I'm worried about meeting my offer so you're not alone!

Thank god! I'm just glad they accept general studies, but still hoping they are lenient

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending