The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Firmers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Has anyone actually emailed the accommodation team to find out which room / floor they're on? Also, as we have to register with the medical centre, we'd need to know our full address or we could wait till freshers week to register.
(edited 11 years ago)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 581
Anyone else still waiting for accommodation offers?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
Reply 582
Is anyone from Furness still waiting for their welcome pack to come through?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 583
Original post by Dazalad94
Is anyone from Furness still waiting for their welcome pack to come through?

I'm with County and haven't received anything from them but I have received a welcome pack from the university itself and it states that the college should be sending information out soon via post or email.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 584
Original post by Erratic
I'm with County and haven't received anything from them but I have received a welcome pack from the university itself and it states that the college should be sending information out soon via post or email.

Ah okay, cheers :biggrin:

Reply 585
Anyone else for Fylde? :biggrin:
Reply 586
Original post by AJCSShp
On the Lancs fb page, it says you have to Phone or email the accommodation office to find out if you want to know right know! I assume they will tell us in due time though!

Have you thought about which societies you want to join? :biggrin:

I might give them a ring soon just to find out, and erm.... thinking of joining a few sports ones like tennis, badminton etc and then just see what else is on offer, how bout you???
Reply 587
Hello! I've just done the adjustment thing and got into Lancaster. Yay! I applied for accommodation yesterday and I see most people have been allocated already. Can anyone tell me what the likelihood of getting a room on campus this late in the game is? Also what are the merits of the different colleges? So excited for October!
Original post by Luci21
Hello! I've just done the adjustment thing and got into Lancaster. Yay! I applied for accommodation yesterday and I see most people have been allocated already. Can anyone tell me what the likelihood of getting a room on campus this late in the game is? Also what are the merits of the different colleges? So excited for October!

I can't help you with the other stuff, but here: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/study/accommodation/undergraduate-accommodation/choose-your-college/
There's a factsheet for each college :smile: And there's probably more info on the colleges in other parts of the website.

And congrats! :awesome:
Reply 589
I've got my accommodation offer; County Townhouse! my first choice :3 Anyone else?
Original post by panda192
Erm no I don't think so. I've not got anything in the mail except my ucas confirmation letter.

Go on the accommodation website and on the menu bar there should be a link to the residents hand guide.

I applied for a County town house for my 1st choice and Grizedale superior en suite for 2nd. Got a feeling I'm probably getting my second choice as alot of people have been given there offers for the County townhouses.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire

Ahhh thanks I was worried that I never got anything in the mail but everyone did haha have you got the offer yet? What subject are you taking?

Original post by AJCSShp
Archery sounds fun! :biggrin:

I am doing Natural Sciences. Yeah I've got a 36 week let! Did you go for catered? :smile:

Archery does sound cool! I know it's not inside campus but I'd like to try horse-riding cause I've never done it.. I'd also love to do volunteer work :smile: Do you know if we'd get our timetables for our courses before term starts?
Original post by melpancakes
Archery does sound cool! I know it's not inside campus but I'd like to try horse-riding cause I've never done it.. I'd also love to do volunteer work :smile: Do you know if we'd get our timetables for our courses before term starts?

You won't get your timetables before term no - things depend on which minors you take, which seminar groups you are assigned/sign up to etc. You can get a vague idea on the website though, by looking at when the subjects are taught.

LUSU Involve is a great organisation. I worked with them for two years doing volunteer projects. They have loads involving working with children and vulnerable young adults, plus ones working with older adults. :smile:
Reply 593
Original post by melpancakes

I thought about the horse riding as well, but it is pretty expensive :frown:
We probably won't! We don't finalize the modules or minor subjects we do till freshers week (it was in the guide Lancs sent us).

Original post by domlc
I might give them a ring soon just to find out, and erm.... thinking of joining a few sports ones like tennis, badminton etc and then just see what else is on offer, how bout you???

I wouldn't know what number to ring!
I'm not to good at sports! :colondollar:
I would like to try the archery, shooting and trampolining! And perhaps the fencing and climbing! :biggrin:

Does anyone know when we have to sent the medical forms by?
How are we suppose to know our university address?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by AJCSShp
Does anyone know when we have to sent the medical forms by?
How are we suppose to know our university address?

You can send them whenever - it isn't normally a problem, as you can just wander into the doctors and register then and there. If you know your college though, you can just put down the college address [that is how you will get your post anyway]. :smile:
Reply 595
Original post by affinity89
You can send them whenever - it isn't normally a problem, as you can just wander into the doctors and register then and there. If you know your college though, you can just put down the college address [that is how you will get your post anyway]. :smile:

Thank you! That make's a lot of sense :biggrin:
Reply 596
Is there anything in the Welcome Pack which needs to be sent off? Mines not arrived yet and going on holiday so just wondering

Reply 597
Anyone else still not get an email for accommodation? ._.

Also on the Medical form for the section "To be completed by the doctor" does it mean to be done by our current doctor or to be done by the doctor we send the form to and how are we supposed to know our uni address?

Thanks.
Reply 598
Original post by TLK
Anyone else still not get an email for accommodation? ._.

Also on the Medical form for the section "To be completed by the doctor" does it mean to be done by our current doctor or to be done by the doctor we send the form to and how are we supposed to know our uni address?

Thanks.

It's done by the doctor we send the form to and refer to this post:

Original post by affinity89

Original post by Dazalad94
Is there anything in the Welcome Pack which needs to be sent off? Mines not arrived yet and going on holiday so just wondering

Nothing apart from the medical form which doesn't have any deadline and refer to affinity's post above - it can be completed it any time.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, don't forget pre-registration which can be done online (available around mid-September)
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey guys, I got my accommodation offer through, and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it/has any photos?
I got Slaidburn house, Bowland, and its ensuite and £109 a week...
Bring on Freshers week :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending