The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michael XYZ
Anyone take contrast showers - hot to cold?

Cold to hot is so much nicer lol, not that I do this sort of stuff.

Sometimes.
Original post by Gallium
lol i enjoy anything if i see results, but yhhh i actually hated 5/3/1 no busting your balls no grinding multiple sets out.

you believe in the adaption stuff? i don't tbf as long as your adding weight to the bar your constantly changing things.

I believe you can't know what works or understand other systems until you try. You can read all you want about WS or broz, but until you give it a real shot, after reading the material you will never "know" if it would work for you.

As for adaptation, to an extent but what happens when you can no longer add weight - you plateau the 5x5 is simply too hard or the 1x5 DL, you kind of have to evolve and change something, try something out to see if it works.

Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless :P ect ect...

Ice yourself after big sessions then take a normal shower. I don't think super hot baths are that effective at doing anything.
Reply 1384
Original post by redbuthotter
Ice yourself after big sessions then take a normal shower. I don't think super hot baths are that effective at doing anything.

Apart from killing your man juices.
Contrast showers do little for large muscles like quads, hams etc. However they might work on smaller muscles. For the bigger muscles they just don't cool the whole muscle enough, especially if you're changing every 30 seconds I guess they might if you stood there for 5 minutes till you were shivering.

However cold/ice baths are amazing for freshening up legs.
Reply 1386
I can't think of anything worse than ice baths.
I take cold showers anyway...mainly because I'm a tough guy.
Reply 1388
Original post by GQ.

It could be worse. A woman could cut off your penis while you're sleeping and toss it out the window of a moving car.
Original post by GQ.

There are worse things that can happen to a man.
^ Da fuq, why would part 2 make the situation worse?
Reply 1391
Original post by redbuthotter
^ Da fuq, why would part 2 make the situation worse?

Makes it much harder to re-attach.
unless it lands in GQ's ice bath
Reply 1393
Original post by commandant
unless it lands in GQ's ice bath

:rofl:
Reply 1394

Reply 1395
bought some chucks yesterday, after having dozens pairs of vans in the apst i thought they'd be comfortable, but their scraping against my heel like mad, ended up having chaffed achillies bit of blood ;(.
Did the shower. I dunno if it'll help but it does wake you up a bit and felt nice so **** it I'll keep at it if I remember.

****ing feels like there's not enough time for things! Suddenly it's 7.30pm... where does all the time go?!
Reply 1398
Nothing better than a penis floating in your ice bath.
Nice thread kill, GQ.

6th August, 7pm. Date for your diaries. Men's 105kg class at the Olympics. Put it in my phone :awesome:

Latest