The Student Room Group

2013 Veterinary reapplicants

This is for all people who didn't quite make it this year but are going to be persistant and hopefully get in next year :biggrin:

So whats everyone planning on doing on their gap years??? I'm personally going to try and get as much work experience as possible and perhaps do some travelling towards the end of the gap year.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll join you here!
Hoping work experience, job and some kind of travelling
Reply 2
Original post by m.ben
I'll join you here!
Hoping work experience, job and some kind of travelling

I was hoping to earn some money whilst doing one of those work placement things but I can't find any good websites if not I'll just try to force my boss to give me my job back :biggrin:
Ill join you too :smile:

I'm planning on continuing my 3 jobs yay :smile: that should hopefully earn enough money so i can do loads more work experience an im looking into doing something abroad may be a job or summit :smile:
Reply 4
Something thats really annoying me at the moment is all my firends keep going can't wait to I got to Liverpool or Manchester etc. I'm like thanks rub it in that I haven't got in.
Original post by beccac94
Something thats really annoying me at the moment is all my firends keep going can't wait to I got to Liverpool or Manchester etc. I'm like thanks rub it in that I haven't got in.

I no exactly how you feel all my friends are talkin about is halls and gettin all there uni stuff and how they cant wait to leave the house :frown: i feel like im not included in this massive thing its really hard to keep motivated :frown: i just keep thinking that there is nothin else i want to do but be a vet so uve just got to keep going :smile: stay positive it WILL be us next year :smile: it really sucks tho
Reply 6
Original post by amethyst<3
I no exactly how you feel all my friends are talkin about is halls and gettin all there uni stuff and how they cant wait to leave the house :frown: i feel like im not included in this massive thing its really hard to keep motivated :frown: i just keep thinking that there is nothin else i want to do but be a vet so uve just got to keep going :smile: stay positive it WILL be us next year :smile: it really sucks tho

At least we can get more work experience, earn some money and actually have a year without homework :biggrin:
no home work yay :smile: cant wait :tongue: r you going to try to apply for a uni aboard this time round or just stick with uk ????
Reply 8
no home work yay :smile: cant wait :tongue: r you going to try to apply for a uni aboard this time round or just stick with uk ????

I'm not really sure I might look into the abroad unis a bit more, the only thing I'm thinking about with going abroad is I might not be able to speak the language. you?
I'm not really sure I might look into the abroad unis a bit more, the only thing I'm thinking about with going abroad is I might not be able to speak the language. you?

looking into it but id prefer English unis to be honest I'm just thinking its better to keep your options open and there not on ucas so u can still apply as normal I mean its always worth a try but I cant afford St Georges in Granada :s that's a little too expensive :s
Reply 10
looking into it but id prefer English unis to be honest I'm just thinking its better to keep your options open and there not on ucas so u can still apply as normal I mean its always worth a try but I cant afford St Georges in Granada :s that's a little too expensive :s

I wish I could win the lottery and then I could afford to go any where lol :smile:

I'm thinking that I should concentrate more on stupid homework and finding work experience over the next few weeks and then look at unis in about a month or so I was thinking about looking around all the unis I haven't been to :smile:
I wish I could win the lottery and then I could afford to go any where lol :smile:

I'm thinking that I should concentrate more on stupid homework and finding work experience over the next few weeks and then look at unis in about a month or so I was thinking about looking around all the unis I haven't been to :smile:

True im waiting for responces at the minuet and calling my work to see of they will give me a more permanent postion :s I hope they will. Can you think of anything work experience wise thats not obvious ive been tryin to brain storm got quite a few but i was wondering if you can think of onything else ???
Reply 12
True im waiting for responces at the minuet and calling my work to see of they will give me a more permanent postion :s I hope they will. Can you think of anything work experience wise thats not obvious ive been tryin to brain storm got quite a few but i was wondering if you can think of onything else ???

Yeah I've been phoning my vets and stuff and they where like contact us in a couple of weeks :frown: I've been contacting labs in hospitals when I went to liverpool they said they counted them as not everyone can get to a vet lab, I'm also thinking about contacting farriers and chester zoo as well. If you have an abbatoir in your area you could contact them perhaps.
Yeah I've been phoning my vets and stuff and they where like contact us in a couple of weeks :frown: I've been contacting labs in hospitals when I went to liverpool they said they counted them as not everyone can get to a vet lab, I'm also thinking about contacting farriers and chester zoo as well. If you have an abbatoir in your area you could contact them perhaps.

Thank you :smile: im having an issue with zoos theres only one in my area and they have said no to me three times already :s ill email them again but do you think its worth going to ask them in person or do you think they will just think im pushy :s ????
Reply 14
Thank you :smile: im having an issue with zoos theres only one in my area and they have said no to me three times already :s ill email them again but do you think its worth going to ask them in person or do you think they will just think im pushy :s ????

I personally try to phone them and if they say no because of insurance reasons tell your school/college because my college said to me that they can have a look around the business and do a health and safety check and can make it so that if something happens then the college can get blamed instead of the business, so I'd also have a word with the careers person if you have one. Sometimes I think you need to seem persistant to get places in life :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Do you guys no if there are any unis that dont like it if you apply to them again ????
Reply 16
Hi guys. Can I join your thread? Still getting over the disappointment of missing out this year and the fact I know 3 people who have vet offers. It's quite difficult to be around them at the mo :frown:

Anyway, trying to be positive about having a gap year and gaining some confidence.
Original post by Moo vet
Hi guys. Can I join your thread? Still getting over the disappointment of missing out this year and the fact I know 3 people who have vet offers. It's quite difficult to be around them at the mo :frown:

Anyway, trying to be positive about having a gap year and gaining some confidence.

I can imagine :frown: i dont have any friends doin vet med but just them all goin to uni is hard enough :frown:

do summit amazin with ur year to make it seem more worth while maybe volunteer abroad :smile: or do summit uve always wanted to do but u just havent had the time :smile:

it will seem a lot better this time next year after you have had some great experiences met lots of amazin ppl and hopefully have a vet offer :smile: fingers crossed we all have better luck next year :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Moo vet

I know 2 people who got into veterinary this year out of 5 of us, it is a bit horrible when you find out when you've just been rejected from your last uni and you friend is made up because they've just got they offer.

Does anyone know which uni's accept you with AAB??
I know 2 people who got into veterinary this year out of 5 of us, it is a bit horrible when you find out when you've just been rejected from your last uni and you friend is made up because they've just got they offer.

Does anyone know which uni's accept you with AAB??

I know Nottingham, Liverpool and RVC do. I have seen some AAB offers given out from Bristol too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending