The Student Room Group

UCAS Extra applications

I had an offer from Kent uni but decided not to take it and have decided to apply through UCAS Extra. I'm a mature student and i'm applying for history of art at the Courtauld. UCAS says they have places this way but i was wondering if anyone knew the application procedure for extra?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by bertie.waterson
I had an offer from Kent uni but decided not to take it and have decided to apply through UCAS Extra. I'm a mature student and i'm applying for history of art at the Courtauld. UCAS says they have places this way but i was wondering if anyone knew the application procedure for extra?

Thanks!

I would say call up Courtauld and ask if there are any places left for your course before you do anything else. The info on UCAS may be outdated and you might risk losing a place at Kent for nothing.
Please do as Bromine advises and check that there are places at the Courtauld. The lists in Extra are not up to date - it's an opt out system and the universities don't always do it. Don't give up your place without being sure there's something to apply for in its place.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Please do as Bromine advises and check that there are places at the Courtauld. The lists in Extra are not up to date - it's an opt out system and the universities don't always do it. Don't give up your place without being sure there's something to apply for in its place.

It's not up to date? I've applied to a course on extra damn
Original post by BambieWambie
It's not up to date? I've applied to a course on extra damn

Hope you'll be ok. If not, do phone them first before you put in your next application. It's a quick turnaround in Extra - they aim for 3 weeks, so it might be a good idea to have a look ahead and see if there's anything else you might be interested in and do some calling in advance. But let's assume everything will be ok first!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending